ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff seeding?

Feb 9, 2011
I read on another thread where powerpoints might not exist anymore because the head person that was in charge of calculating them retired? And now it is up to each region to decide how they will decide playoff seeding. Is this true?

So the person that is retiring can't train someone in a year and a half? Heck, there's a bunch of guys here on Preps who are good at it. Pay them to do it

Reactions: BGfootball95
I agree its easy to calculate... Just posting what I heard. I hope they dont do away with them... That part of the fun determining them every year

Good to know I thought that meant right now
Power points will probably exist, but not necessarily. Its still up in the air, but regions will have more say so on what formula they want for seeding in fall 2025. Regions can use the VHSLs power ranking system, invent their own, or use a combination of both or get rid of all of it and seed teams how they choose, for example overall record, place in the district, etc. Regions kind of already have this power now, but if the VHSL goes away from power ranking, Regions will have to be creative and come up with their own system. Most just defer to the VHSL system at present.

VHSL could do away possibly with power ranking and for the semifinals, regions would rotate each year on who the host team is. It was done this way for decades.

Reactions: KW23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT