ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff sleepers

Spotsy, culpepper, brentsville, Monticello, spotswood, waynesboro,
No sleeper here? Trying to find 1
Monticello only loss was to a good Louisa team.. They will have another good test this week against Charlottesville, and wayesboro I thought had a very good team last year, almost pulled an upset at MV.. Id say these 2 could possibly pull a 1st round upset.

Reactions: ShadesMcgrades
Spotsy, culpepper, brentsville, Monticello, spotswood, waynesboro,
No sleeper here? Trying to find 1
A huge maybe....Monticello. But their defense isn't good enough to stop the Heritage or Brookville offense. I pick Heritage in this region not because of their running back but because they have one of the best defenses in the state. They only give up 12 points per game. Their defense gets over shadowed by Davis and the offense but people have trouble scoring against them for a reason.

Damn pioneer you are real cocky I hope Heritage can come through for you

Not cocky but confident. Monticello? We will beat them like Louisa did. I just think people are sleeping on Heritage. They are way above average at every position on both sides of ball. I said it from the beginning of the season. I know we stumbled against EC Glass but I told everyone that we were going smack everyone the rest of the season.

Reactions: OCBoy and lyhsports
I’m not buying it man just not. Monticello will probably lose their first round game imo
Just curious; what is it exactly that you aren't buying about them. They have had a pretty good bounce back year from 3-7 last season. Pretty harsh criticism of a team that will be either 8-2 or 9-1 when the season ends. Not trying to change your mind and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, just curious.

Reactions: OCBoy
Just curious; what is it exactly that you aren't buying about them. They have had a pretty good bounce back year from 3-7 last season. Pretty harsh criticism of a team that will be either 8-2 or 9-1 when the season ends. Not trying to change your mind and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, just curious.
I seen the film on the Louisa game. The team didn’t show any urgency and didn’t show any play making ability. They had several opportunities to hit Louisa’s secondary with the passing game they have and never had much luck with it. Yes you may say Louisa is just that good but I didn’t see anything spectacular about Monticello. Maybe in the 3A side of the ball they might win a game but not sure. So at this point I’m not convinced that’s all. I would love to see Monticello knock off a brookville or heritage. If Monticello beats Charlottesville I’ll be a little more convinced. Good luck to those mustangs.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Just curious; what is it exactly that you aren't buying about them. They have had a pretty good bounce back year from 3-7 last season. Pretty harsh criticism of a team that will be either 8-2 or 9-1 when the season ends. Not trying to change your mind and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, just curious.[/QUOT well you guys actually play in a weak district besides louisa who pounded them... then powhatan orange fluvanna just to name afew are not very good at all you have to beat up on somebody you play in another district you may go 500..funny if you are good as you say why did Woody leave for Glass...

well you guys actually play in a weak district besides louisa who pounded them... then powhatan orange fluvanna just to name afew are not very good at all you have to beat up on somebody you play in another district you may go 500..funny if you are good as you say why did Woody leave for Glass...

I seen the film on the Louisa game. The team didn’t show any urgency and didn’t show any play making ability. They had several opportunities to hit Louisa’s secondary with the passing game they have and never had much luck with it. Yes you may say Louisa is just that good but I didn’t see anything spectacular about Monticello. Maybe in the 3A side of the ball they might win a game but not sure. So at this point I’m not convinced that’s all. I would love to see Monticello knock off a brookville or heritage. If Monticello beats Charlottesville I’ll be a little more convinced. Good luck to those mustangs.

Fair enough, we got hammered by Louisa. Didn’t play well at all and I’ll give credit to Louisa for that. We can’t let ourselves be defined by one game, so we keep working.

Reactions: one man and OCBoy
well you guys actually play in a weak district besides louisa who pounded them... then powhatan orange fluvanna just to name afew are not very good at all you have to beat up on somebody you play in another district you may go 500..funny if you are good as you say why did Woody leave for Glass...

Why Jeff left is not my story to tell, but I do know that it has nothing to do with Year’s Mustang Squad. The beautiful thing about this game is that eventually you have to play and things get settled on the field. Win or lose, I am proud of the work that this team put in to improve upon last years season. But, like I said things get settled on the field so I guess we will get a chance how good of a team this is.

Why Jeff left is not my story to tell, but I do know that it has nothing to do with Year’s Mustang Squad. The beautiful thing about this game is that eventually you have to play and things get settled on the field. Win or lose, I am proud of the work that this team put in to improve upon last years season. But, like I said things get settled on the field so I guess we will get a chance how good of a team this is.
Lloyd is a capable coach. I have seen plenty of his teams when he was at Kettle Run.

Not cocky but confident. Monticello? We will beat them like Louisa did. I just think people are sleeping on Heritage. They are way above average at every position on both sides of ball. I said it from the beginning of the season. I know we stumbled against EC Glass but I told everyone that we were going smack everyone the rest of the season.
"Going to smack everyone else the rest of the season" Bunch of backups for JF last night about made your weekend miserable.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda Chucky. A win is a win. I knew JF would give us a game. Now the 3c cake walk begins. Hope to see SR in December, so Heritage can once and for all shut you up.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda Chucky. A win is a win. I knew JF would give us a game. Now the 3c cake walk begins. Hope to see SR in December, so Heritage can once and for all shut you up.
Unless I've missed something, you've never once gave any indication that JF or any team would give Heritage a game. You talking out your ass, cause your mouth knows better!

Reactions: Kimosabe5
I will keep it short and sweet..... Heritage = State Championship. This should not confuse anyone.
Nobody is sleeping on Heritage, you can rest assure...

On the other hand, state championship... uh...not this year...They are definetly a top 3 team in 3A... But they will be beaten by Phoebus similar to the 2012 showing when Briar Woods embarrassed them like 50 something to zip...

Phoebus has something to prove and they will blowout the team they play in the championship...

On the other hand, state championship... uh...not this year...They are definetly a top 3 team in 3A... But they will be beaten by Phoebus similar to the 2012 showing when Briar Woods embarrassed them like 50 something to zip...

Phoebus has something to prove and they will blowout the team they play in the championship...
sounds exactly like the Phoebus guys in 2015 when MV came to town , I do think Phoebus will represent east but trust me not gonna be an easy game in state, I personally think SR is best team in West not heritage.

Glad you have confidence. It's such a fragile thing. It will become evident, just how fragile it is if they face Staunton River.

Unless I've missed something, you've never once gave any indication that JF or any team would give Heritage a game. You talking out your ass, cause your mouth knows better!
True Chucksteel I’ve haven’t seen that post either from him. If JF played them that well with backups, they will struggle

Reactions: Chucksteel72

Whoa. I know we're nice as hell this year but I've learned not to brag up here because I don't know anything about these 3A teams but you seem to know a little something

Last time a team from east was in state game was Lafayette in 2014. The vhsl had to change the playoff format just to get an east team in finals and changed locations to try and help the east hahahaha

Reactions: Chucksteel72
I may be wrong but I believe the last time a team from the east
won the state title was 2008.

The only thing that is fragile, is the quality level of 3A West...
Yall been saying that awhile. Here lately, Western football in class 3 has had the eastern teams number. Coaching and play. That's always subject to change. But until it does. It's all talk.

Last time a team from east was in state game was Lafayette in 2014. The vhsl had to change the playoff format just to get an east team in finals and changed locations to try and help the east hahahaha
How long has perhaps the most dominant team in the last 15 years been in 3A?... Maybe I am overlooking things, but the talent around here, well, isnt that good...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT