ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff upsets

moto138

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 4, 2018
Who is gonna pull the upsets this year, i'm seeing one in the first round with Patrick winning over Radford.

I think Richlands wins a close one but Central may pull the upset. Richlands has tons of playoff experience so that's why I think even though Central is 4th seed & Richlands 5th, it would still be an upset if Central wins.

I think Richlands wins a close one but Central may pull the upset. Richlands has tons of playoff experience so that's why I think even though Central is 4th seed & Richlands 5th, it would still be an upset if Central wins.
I would have to agree with you, Mance is mad dangerous come playoff time.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Who is gonna pull the upsets this year, i'm seeing one in the first round with Patrick winning over Radford.
Radford' s isn't showing alot of offense lately. Key injuries there. Don't know enough about Patrick to pick em, but if they're fairly good defensively, could be a close, low Scoring game. One big play can turn those type of games either way

Against Luray. He was/is a big part of their O. I think they have adjusted well but I am not so sure they can be effective against some of the better teams.ER is a much better team than when they first played. They proved that to me in their handling of Luray a couple of weeks ago. Look for ER to roll against CC.

I have been thinking same thing about Patrick and Radford. That was big win in their last game against 7-3 5A Halifax. At least they were 5A might be 4A now. Patrick lost to Floyd by one point, Radford 2 points.

In Region A, John Marshall (6) over Poqousin (3)

In region B, C, and D, games to watch that will be close, but the team trying to pull the upset will lose, and that is...Clarke over East Rock close, Radford over Patrick County close, and Union over Gate City close. Also, for any 4 vs 5 seeds, if any of the 5 seeds win, that's not an upset to me. That's two teams separated by a couple of power points and it's just not an upset to me if a 5 beats a 4.

I have been thinking same thing about Patrick and Radford. That was big win in their last game against 7-3 5A Halifax. At least they were 5A might be 4A now. Patrick lost to Floyd by one point, Radford 2 points.
Halifax is 4A now but it was still a big win for Patrick Co. as you said.

Patrick over Radford would be a huge upset, that I don't see it happening unless Radford has more key players out than they already have.

Wise won tonight by two scores. They should not have been considered underdogs. Talent all over the field and multiple kids capable of taking any possession to the house. They're very small, but even a physical team like Union struggled against them. Ridgeview handled them easily in the first meeting but next week could be a nailbiter.

Wise won tonight by two scores. They should not have been considered underdogs. Talent all over the field and multiple kids capable of taking any possession to the house. They're very small, but even a physical team like Union struggled against them. Ridgeview handled them easily in the first meeting but next week could be a nailbiter.

It's certainly not the same team we faced in week 3 that's for sure. I feel a lot better we're facing them than Richlands. Central can't stop Trenton. But we may not be able to stop them either. I'm thinking a wild west shootout on the Ridge next Friday.

Reactions: BigWinners
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT