ADVERTISEMENT

PM getting an new QB?

TimWakefield

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 3, 2001
Just saw tweets saying Ruley transferred out of Rockbridge and into Parry McCluer. What is the story there? Kid (and Daddy) mad he didn't earn QB1?

Reactions: GobBlazers214
Just saw tweets saying Ruley transferred out of Rockbridge and into Parry McCluer. What is the story there? Kid (and Daddy) mad he didn't earn QB1?
Kid wanted to play, he entered the HS Portal. (LOL) Moved into city. He is eligible

Reactions: MGF
Sorry Gobblazer!! The farthest thing from the truth!! Kid led the State in passing with 2,838 yds and ran for another 690 or 700 hundred and 36 TDs. Lost QB position without even playing a game. Put in work in weight room and went from 180 to 210 and gotten faster. Never had chance to be this years QB and had nothing to do with football. With that being said, Rockbridge will have artificial turf next year. Can you read between the lines?

Sorry Gobblazer!! The farthest thing from the truth!! Kid led the State in passing with 2,838 yds and ran for another 690 or 700 hundred and 36 TDs. Lost QB position without even playing a game. Put in work in weight room and went from 180 to 210 and gotten faster. Never had chance to be this years QB and had nothing to do with football. With that being said, Rockbridge will have artificial turf next year. Can you read between the lines?
No doubt in my mind that could go on in high school it goes on even when we are not talking artificial turf

Reactions: Mike777VSP
Didn’t make a move to a football power like Riverheads,Botetourt,etc. He went to a school that has been outscored 110-0. If line can give him 2-3 seconds he will pick up where he left off. Gonna take a few weeks for everyone to get use to each other. PM has been a T formation team for 42 years. Not a miracle work but a good H.S player. He is Happy and that is all that matters. Wish all parties best of luck. One last note, Rockbridge would have beaten Fleming by 2tds if he had played!!!!!!

You can google Ty Ruley highlights and see some of his sophomore year.Highlights is him st 180. Now weighs 210, squats 460, Benches 290, power cleans 260 and deadlifts 390. Timed 4.68 at football camp and benched 185 18 times at a combine.He loves football!! Very quiet kid and very humble. He will play college football at some level. Hopefully he can make PM players better and get people off line of scrimmage and give them some confidence. PM is very young and lost 16 starters from last years team. Will be very challenging for him and he understands that

You can google Ty Ruley highlights and see some of his sophomore year.Highlights is him st 180. Now weighs 210, squats 460, Benches 290, power cleans 260 and deadlifts 390. Timed 4.68 at football camp and benched 185 18 times at a combine.He loves football!! Very quiet kid and very humble. He will play college football at some level. Hopefully he can make PM players better and get people off line of scrimmage and give them some confidence. PM is very young and lost 16 starters from last years team. Will be very challenging for him and he understands that
You must be the dad everyone is talking about.

Reactions: WP02alum
Yes that would be me. Nothing to have such a topic about though. I don't think Ty has ever been grounded. Doesn't go out much. Goes to movies or out to eat and comes home by 11. Ty decided he wanted to leave or we would not have left. He is very happy where he is. It doesn't matter to him that they have been outscored 110-0. Sounds like you must have gotten some bad info from someone from RC. Don't claim that he is special, just a good kid that loves to play. We wish the best for everyone

Yes that would be me. Nothing to have such a topic about though. I don't think Ty has ever been grounded. Doesn't go out much. Goes to movies or out to eat and comes home by 11. Ty decided he wanted to leave or we would not have left. He is very happy where he is. It doesn't matter to him that they have been outscored 110-0. Sounds like you must have gotten some bad info from someone from RC. Don't claim that he is special, just a good kid that loves to play. We wish the best for everyone

Well then exactly what was your post about SD referring to? It made zero sense and you never replied

Reactions: GobBlazers214
Actually haven’t heard anything from Rockbridge. Heard this multiple times throughout Rockingham County. Word spreads fast when you’re contacting multiple schools. How’s that new house/apartment in PM territory? Hope you’re actually living there! No doubt that everyone thinks he’s a great kid, just gotta do things the right way and legal way from the parental side. Wish the kid all the best.

Sounds familiar.

Actually haven’t heard anything from Rockbridge. Heard this multiple times throughout Rockingham County. Word spreads fast when you’re contacting multiple schools. How’s that new house/apartment in PM territory? Hope you’re actually living there! No doubt that everyone thinks he’s a great kid, just gotta do things the right way and legal way from the parental side. Wish the kid all the best.
I live inBuena Vista and I have no dog in this fight, my son plays basketball for PM, not football. Ty has moved into the city, which is a good city. I’ve lived here all my life except when I was stationed in Allegheny Co for 7 years as a State Trooper. Whether he was shopped to other schools I have no idea. What I do know is the community and the team has accepted him. It was done the RIGHT way, VHSL was notified and approved it.
Ty came to a school that on a Friday night two weeks ago, he stood on one sideline and literally watched his team, and he had a hand in it as well as he had a good game, and his team at the time “smoked” PM. He then went to that team, by following the rules of VHSL. It’s not like he went to a powerhouse such as Riverheads, Botetourt, Salem. He went to a team that is really struggling, outscored 110-0 in two games.

My question is this, Why is everyone upset? There have been kids that left PM and went to RCHS and played and should have been 365’ed and we as a community didn’t get upset! We wished them well, played them when they were on our schedule. And life continued. Again, I have no dog in the fight, it’s over and done, THE RIGHT WAY. Move on.
And GO BLUE

Gobblazer, I believe you are a RC fan and posing as a Gobbler/Blazer fan.
Some of the things you said wouldn’t be known by outsiders. All hearsay!!
Done right!!! As a high school coach I know how all this works. Not the 1st time dealing with VHSL. I grew up when the rivalry between PM-Lexington was life or death. To this day some of the die hards still feel the same way. I can tell you this and this has knocked me backwards. The support that PM and their community has Ty is unbelievable!!!! Had a buddy tell me last night everyone knows Ty is gone after this year. I said I can tell you right now that is a lie. With the support that he has received, we would never turn our backs on that. We will see this through and I think Ty will help this team in the next two years. Gonna take awhile though. Can’t change something in 4 days.

Reactions: MGF and Mike777VSP
Since you love drama, here’s some info LOL. I live in Fulks Run my man, graduated from Spotswood. Nice try. Hence the “Gobblazers”, READ BETWEEN THE LINES. Word spreads fast when you’re contacting multiple schools up here just so your kid can play QB. If outsiders wouldn’t know any of that info, what else are you hiding there in PM? Smooth move.

Last edited:
Since you love drama, here’s some info LOL. I live in Fulks Run my man, graduated lfrom Spotswood. Nice try. Hence the “Gobblazers”, READ BETWEEN THE LINES. Word spreads fast when you’re contacting multiple schools up here just so your kid can play QB. If outsiders wouldn’t know any of that info, what else are you hiding there in PM? Smooth move.
Did PM need a QB?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT