ADVERTISEMENT

Poll - Who should be the #1 team in Girls Hoops in Group 4A to begin the 2016-17 season?

Who should be the #1 team in Girls Hoops in Group 4A to begin the 2016-17 season?

• Monacan

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • William Fleming

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Wilson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • King's Fork

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Lake Taylor

• Other

• Total voters
Honestly it is going to be very very hard to beat Monacan this year. Our starters just beat the number 1 team in the nation Paul VI 59-45 yesterday in a scrimage. Paul VI had 4 starters over 6ft and the number 2 rated prospect in the country and it still didn't matter. Not to be a jerk but Mon has the consensus number 1 player in the nation plus 2 other D1 Schollys in the starting 5 playing together for the 4th year with 2 consecutive state titles. Going to be hard for a 4a high school team to beat them this year

I do agree. Monocan will more than likely run thru the 4A Class this year. Would've loved to see Monocan and Princess Anne play last year. Those two teams were head and shoulders, the two best teams in Va.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I do agree. Monocan will more than likely run thru the 4A Class this year. Would've loved to see Monocan and Princess Anne play last year. Those two teams were head and shoulders, the two best teams in Va.

Seems like they should at least scrimmage this year. Isn't Princess Anne going for 7 straight?

I'll tell you a team not to sleep on... not in 4A... but none the less... Highland Springs actually beat Monacan last year in the regular season. I don't think it will happen this year but they are a team to look out for. Monacan has a tumultuous schedule. We play several out of state powers and are traveling all over the country this year. So we will certainly be battle tested come tourney time. Megan Walker could probably score a lot more than she does if she wanted to. She is so well rounded. Not really anything she doesn't do well. Monacan must shoot ( I don't know the exact stat) but close to 45% from 3's. On the mens side I think the best team in the state is actually a 3A squad. John Marshal is loaded... basically an AAU team!

I mos def feel that Jaiden Morris is the 2nd player in Va. I saw her score like 29 pts in the 1st half of a game, in Richmond. I think it was the championship game. She is a left handed beast on the court.

New head coach Erick Green has the Millbrook girls flat getting after it this offseason. They just don't have the depth to make a deep run this year. They are back to playing pressure defense but don't have the bodies yet. Monacan destroyed them last year in the regular season. I believe 2017/2018 they will make another run with Coach Green at the helm. (x2 Div 1 players (Green/McDonald) possibly 3 in Anthony)

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
New head coach Erick Green has the Millbrook girls flat getting after it this offseason. They just don't have the depth to make a deep run this year. They are back to playing pressure defense but don't have the bodies yet. Monacan destroyed them last year in the regular season. I believe 2017/2018 they will make another run with Coach Green at the helm. (x2 Div 1 players (Green/McDonald) possibly 3 in Anthony)
SR or JR? If JR, Erick Green was my favorite player in college basketball when he played for the Hokies (I'm a huge VCU die heart fan). I had no idea he was coaching. I will be rooting for EG to be successful. Great guy and even better player.

Reactions: Pioneer101
SR or JR? If JR, Erick Green was my favorite player in college basketball when he played for the Hokies (I'm a huge VCU die heart fan). I had no idea he was coaching. I will be rooting for EG to be successful. Great guy and even better player.
Sr is coaching. Jr is actually over in Greece playing with Olympiacos. He's making a good living over there and doing well. Good people, for sure.

Monacan just beat National Christian Academy (#7 team in the country) from MD pretty handily. Were up by 20 for most of the game. NCA came storming back and had cut it to 3 points at one point. However Chiefs too much for NCA and pick up the win 73-61 Megan Walker scored 36 against other major D1 talent. Up next tomm Cathedral from Boston.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT