ADVERTISEMENT

Poquoson 24 Amelia 14

If Goochland scored 2 offensive Tds (one was KO return) against KW, they will have their hands full with Poquoson’s defense. Amelia had one TD except for a garbage TD at the end with a couple of seconds left.

A lot of history and tradition with both schools. They both prefer the power running game and have great coaching staffs. Game is at Goochland so I'm going with them by 3.

In all honesty, it's pretty disappointing that this game is being played at Goochland again...Poquoson should've taken care of business during the regular season, but that's water under the bridge.

The Bulldogs have a great program, but I think the Islanders will be too much for them in the end...I like Poquoson by 10, as well.

With Poquoson holding Lafayette to 13 points, that was impressive! I think both teams are led by their defenses. Should be a good matchup.

With Poquoson holding Lafayette to 13 points, that was impressive! I think both teams are led by their defenses. Should be a good matchup.
Tough D the entire 48 minutes. No gifts or breaks either.

After last years match-up, I came away with Poquoson bringing IT every down and has no quit. Not even 1 second. I have a ton of respect for Poquoson. They play the game the right way. We'll strap the helmets up and see which way the ball bounces.....

Reactions: islandersfan
In all honesty, it's pretty disappointing that this game is being played at Goochland again...Poquoson should've taken care of business during the regular season, but that's water under the bridge.

The Bulldogs have a great program, but I think the Islanders will be too much for them in the end...I like Poquoson by 10, as well.

Why do you say its disappointing? Do you just mean that Poquoson didn't take care of business, or some issue? Just curious

Why do you say its disappointing? Do you just mean that Poquoson didn't take care of business, or some issue? Just curious

Yeah, I was just pointing to their losses against Tabb and York as games they should have won, which would have easily given them home field advantage in their region.

Yeah, I was just pointing to their losses against Tabb and York as games they should have won, which would have easily given them home field advantage in their region.

Thanks. Maybe it was wording or I just read it wrong, was thinking there was an issue or something

Congrats to Goochland on a big win...good luck at ER!

Okay, islandersfan, what was your take? Looks like the passing game, or lack thereof, was the culprit...1 for 10 w/two interceptions...was it drops, inaccuracy, or some of both?

Congrats to Goochland on a big win...good luck at ER!

Okay, islandersfan, what was your take? Looks like the passing game, or lack thereof, was the culprit...1 for 10 w/two interceptions...was it drops, inaccuracy, or some of both?
I know you addressed this to islandersfan, but I'll offer my take. The dropped passes were huge and inexcusable. These were very well thrown passes. Two of them very well could have gone for scores. Even if not, they would have sustained drives that would have kept their defense off the field. I felt the defense did their job, linemen blocked well against a very good defense, running backs ran the ball hard. Poquoson receivers failed to rise to the occasion.

The two dropped passes in the first half were huge. As obguthr stated, they both were potential TD's.

What really opened the door for Goochland was giving them such a short field on each of their two TD drives in the 4th quarter via a shanked punt and an interception.

Offensively, Goochland took full advantage of the opportunities given them. That's what championship caliber teams do. And much respect to their defense.

Good luck against East Rockingham. I've seen some highlights of their biggest playmaker, Evans. He's as slippery as a greased eel.

Reactions: G-DOG2 and obguthr
I know you addressed this to islandersfan, but I'll offer my take. The dropped passes were huge and inexcusable. These were very well thrown passes. Two of them very well could have gone for scores. Even if not, they would have sustained drives that would have kept their defense off the field. I felt the defense did their job, linemen blocked well against a very good defense, running backs ran the ball hard. Poquoson receivers failed to rise to the occasion.

Thanks, obguthr...disappointing to hear.

Looks like Poquoson and Lafayette had their passing problems Friday nite.

The two dropped passes in the first half were huge. As obguthr stated, they both were potential TD's.

What really opened the door for Goochland was giving them such a short field on each of their two TD drives in the 4th quarter via a shanked punt and an interception.

Offensively, Goochland took full advantage of the opportunities given them. That's what championship caliber teams do. And much respect to their defense.

Good luck against East Rockingham. I've seen some highlights of their biggest playmaker, Evans. He's as slippery as a greased eel.

Sounds like Poquoson could have built a comfortable lead in the first half and really put some pressure on Goochland...wasn't meant to be, I suppose.

Good point regarding Goochland's ability to capitalize on Poquoson miscues...I'm sure they'll represent Region A well.

I don't want to frown on another very good season, but I can't help but feel that the Islanders underachieved, in my opinion.

Reactions: islandersfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT