ADVERTISEMENT

Poquoson travels to Riverheads?

They have one back that is a very good sprinter, so yes but track speed doesn’t always mean football speed. He is a home run hitter for sure if he gets a little space though. They appear to be more used to grinding a game out to me so we will see Saturday. There aren’t many posters giving them a chance but they are a quality team and have enough to challenge any of the other 3 that are left.

Last edited:
They have one back that is a very good sprinter, so yes but track speed doesn’t always mean football speed. He is a home run hitter for sure if he gets a little space though. They appear to be more used to grinding a game out to me so we will see Saturday. There aren’t many posters giving them a chance but they are a quality team and have enough to challenge any of the other 3 that are left.
I give any team a chance that leads Lafayette by 10 points with 5 minutes left in the game. Lafayette is going to win Saturday also and play for the Class 3 State Title Game against LCA.

That is, in my mind, the difference. Neither team turns it over much and hurts themselves with penalties so whichever team can hit the big play, the 40+ yard plays, can gain control of the game in the blink of an eye. In that regard it’s hard to bet again CCC and the Big Red Machine.

In these grind it out games, sure you can limit possessions and stay in the game but if the other team can hit just two big plays, the game plan has to change and it can really cause the wheels to fall off.

Can they (PHS) hit the big play like Riverheads can? In these tight, defensive slugfests with limited possessions, the big play is the ultimate equalizer.
I don't expect a lot of "home runs" in this one. But they will probably be by Riverheads. Go Bulls!

PS: Since I moved to the Valley in 2014, I've gotten to see Poquoson play here twice in the semis. They lost both (Staunton and Central-Woodstock). We're due, or I'm a jinx.

• Haha
Reactions: Boathead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT