ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Change to JF vs EC Glass game

Bedford County cancelled indoor basketball scrimmages tonight, I’d be shocked if they allow the game to be played in Forest. Liberty had a basketball scrimmage at Glenvar that was cancelled. Make that make sense.

Reactions: VolNation85
Bedford County cancelled indoor basketball scrimmages tonight, I’d be shocked if they allow the game to be played in Forest. Liberty had a basketball scrimmage at Glenvar that was cancelled. Make that make sense.
Yea from what I've heard, the air quality in counties of Bedford, Campbell, Nelson, Amherst, and city of Lynchburg is expected to be the same tomorrow so I doubt it will be played in any of those localities. Might have to go further West into Roanoke.

Yea from what I've heard, the air quality in counties of Bedford, Campbell, Nelson, Amherst, and city of Lynchburg is expected to be the same tomorrow so I doubt it will be played in any of those localities. Might have to go further West into Roanoke.
Would LCA/Rustburg be moved?

Would LCA/Rustburg be moved?
From my understanding, it would be up to the administration at LCA since they’re the home team. They’re not part of Lynchburg City Schools so they don’t necessarily use/follow the same guidelines as the public schools. For example, when public schools were closed or hybrid during Covid and had all those guidelines/regulations, LCA never closed and didn’t have the same regulations. My son has been a student at LCA for 6 years…they were in person, 5 days a week, mask optional the entire time during the pandemic. So, it’s whatever their administration decides. If I had to guess, LCA/Rustburg will be playing as originally scheduled.

Last edited:
Doesn't VHSL also monitor air quality and make recommendations like they do with heat? I thought I remember back when air quality was poor from the fires in Canada, that they put out some directives.

Reactions: VolNation85
Doesn't VHSL also monitor air quality and make recommendations like they do with heat? I thought I remember back when air quality was poor from the fires in Canada, that they put out some directives.
I'm not sure honestly. I don't know if it were directives from VHSL or individual school districts.

William Fleming and PH fields are not being used tonight. My guess WF would be best option since Lovelace coached there.

LOL. You're asking the VHSL to assume a leadership role and actually make a decision. I appreciate the comic relief on a Friday afternoon. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT