ADVERTISEMENT

Possible models for an adjusted sports schedule

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Just a proposal being considered, contingent upon where we're at later in the year.

Season 1: December 13 -February 20 (Winter Sports: Basketball, Gymnastics, Indoor track, Swimming and Diving, Wrestling, 5 & 6 Theatre, Scholastic Bowl.)

Season 2: February 15- May 1 (Fall Sports: Competitive Cheer, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Volleyball Forensics and Debate.)

Season 3: April 12- June 26: ( Spring Sports: Baseball & Softball, Girls and Boys Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis and Track and FIeld.)

https://www.wsls.com/sports/2020/06...&utm_content=scores&__twitter_impression=true

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Kids will not want to be tied down until July.

I disagree. I think kids will be excited and anxious to play again and what player would want to give up two seasons?

The timeline also doesn't point out if the dates are regular season only or includes any playoffs and championships. Spring state tournaments don't typically conclude until mid June anyway.

Please, half these spring sport kids are playing travel ball in the summer anyway, they're not going to care at all. Besides, they'll be done with school, that's what matters to them.

I agree, that’s life kids, get over it and grow up. Life has tons of disappointments and unfair moments. Get used to it.

Funny how many adults are struggling with this life lesson at the moment. Kids are handling it far better imo.

Morehouse College just cancelled all fall sports.
Wait until a school from one of the power 5 conferences cancels their season. Others will follow quickly. The writing is on the wall, but these schools are holding on as long as possible.

I disagree. I think kids will be excited and anxious to play again and what player would want to give up two seasons?

The timeline also doesn't point out if the dates are regular season only or includes any playoffs and championships. Spring state tournaments don't typically conclude until mid June anyway.
It depends. A lot of kids want to relax and go on vacation and party and do everything else that high school kids do during the summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT