ADVERTISEMENT

Post Scrimmages Here

NND Sports Fan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 1, 2002
Here's what I've been able to discover for Region 1A from a variety of sources. It's certainly not complete.
August 16
Colonial Beach at Middlesex
Tabb at Essex
Brunswick at Westmoreland
King & Queen at Lancaster

August 22
Essex at Southampton (Armstrong might be in this as well)
Nothampton at Lancaster
Richmond City (formerly George Wythe) at Westmoreland
Northumberland at West Point
Charles City vs Windsor

August 23
Rappahannock & Mathews at King & Queen

Poquoson and King William scrimmaging again or West Point and Poquoson? I know Poquoson and West Point scrimmaged quite a few years

Poquoson is scrimmaging Ocean Lakes and Heritage-NN. A link to all the scrimmages that the coaches sent me from across the State are here

Master Scrimmage List

Reactions: Fairlawncat
The Tabb at Essex scrimmage will now be a jamboree. King William will also be there.

Graham, Floyd Co. Mt. Airy, NC, Grayson County and GW @ GW on 8/16.

Wasn't able to make it to any scrimmages this past weekend but I'm curious to know how things went with the Essex Jamboree and did the KQ vs Lancaster scrimmage take place?

Wasn't able to make it to any scrimmages this past weekend but I'm curious to know how things went with the Essex Jamboree and did the KQ vs Lancaster scrimmage take place?
KQ at Lancaster was cancelled. KQ only had 13 players.

I hit up my contact down in Tappahannock to ask about the Essex Scrimmage, heard there is worry that Essex Qb may be out half the season or possible the full season with an injury. Maybe that's why my Essex/NNK folks been quiet on here. If he gone for the season that's a huge blow to them.

I hit up my contact down in Tappahannock to ask about the Essex Scrimmage, heard there is worry that Essex Qb may be out half the season or possible the full season with an injury. Maybe that's why my Essex/NNK folks been quiet on here. If he gone for the season that's a huge blow to them.
I didn’t make it out to the scrimmage Friday. I heard about the injury last night at work. What I heard this morning is he will go Thursday to see what’s what but they told him that it wasn’t as bad as it look. Plus it was on his non throwing hand. Should be back in 3-4 weeks or sooner. Even with out him, Essex still handled business. Essex put in another young man and he actually might be better…definitely faster but gotta build the confidence. Just know that nothing has changed. Essex still going to be Essex. Still have those hogs in the trenches, RB’s and some more size and talent from last years jv. Just might be ready to go back to a running and passing team again.

Last edited:
Reactions: RappriverEHS
From the film I saw of the scrimmage, Essex seemed to be moving the ball well on offense against both teams. #2 had a few long TD runs.

Is it correct that the Sussex Essex game will be played next Thursday?

From the film I saw of the scrimmage, Essex seemed to be moving the ball well on offense against both teams. #2 had a few long TD runs.

Yes. They moved it up a day. Schools are off the Friday for Labor Day weekend, but some schools will still be playing football that day.

Essex #2 is Jr. Jaden Holmes. He was having a great year last season until he suffered a season ending injury vs. Lancaster in the 2nd round of the playoffs. It’s good to have him back.

I didn’t make it out to the scrimmage Friday. I heard about the injury last night at work. What I heard this morning is he will go Thursday to see what’s what but they told him that it wasn’t as bad as it look. Plus it was on his non throwing hand. Should be back in 3-4 weeks or sooner. Even with out him, Essex still handled business. Essex put in another young man and he actually might be better…definitely faster but gotta build the confidence. Just know that nothing has changed. Essex still going to be Essex. Still have those hogs in the trenches, RB’s and some more size and talent from last years jv. Just might be ready to go back to a running and passing team again.
Was it a break or fracture? 3-4 weeks or sooner for a broken bone seems questionable/unrealistic. That seems more of the timetable for a fracture, regardless speed recovery to the young man

Was it a break or fracture? 3-4 weeks or sooner for a broken bone seems questionable/unrealistic. That seems more of the timetable for a fracture, regardless speed recovery to the young man
I’m guessing it was not a break. I’m still hearing 3-4 weeks. Bundy & Holmes didn’t play in the last scrimmage vs. 2A Southampton & 3A Armstrong out of Richmond. Southampton was a 2nd round playoff team last year and Armstrong fell in the Regional Champinship. I was told vs. Essex 1st string, Southampton scored once on a blown assignment and Armstrong (with 14 returning starters) didn’t score at all on Essex 1st team D. I also was told a couple 1st year varsity guys did real good filling in for Bundy & Holmes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT