ADVERTISEMENT

POWER POINTS STANDING

A lot of games played last night and VHSL will probably need a day to update the site to reflect all of the games from Monday night.

Reactions: Ryan4VT
If playoffs started today, Gretna would go to Dan River. hawks need to win a couple more games to avoid DR or Appomattox in playoffs. Grundy or Graham be better match-up.

If playoffs started today, Gretna would go to Dan River. hawks need to win a couple more games to avoid DR or Appomattox in playoffs. Grundy or Graham be better match-up.

Grundy will lose the next two weeks, so don't expect them to stay up there. You should not want to go Graham. That team is loaded. I called them a dark horse preseason, and they are living up to it.

I rather go to Graham than to DR or Appomattox. Gretna plays those 2 in regular season. Not to mention Graham has a better field. I always enjoy the drive up 460 to Bluefield.

To give you an idea of how hard of schedule the top 5 on each side of 2A have played, here are the combined opponent records:

Appomattox 13-15

Dan River 10-17

Richlands 16-17

Grundy 12-22

Graham 17-11

Goochland 10-23

Stuarts Draft 5-23

Madison 11-14

Buffalo Gap 12-17

East Rock 20-6

East Rock is 3-2 and it's easy to see why when they've played that brutal schedule. Outside of that, only Graham has played a winning record schedule, with Richlands 1 under .500.

Grundy or Graham be better match-up.

You might think that, but it's kind of like Sophie's choice. Graham might be one of the top 2 teams in the state right now and they are licking their chops for another crack at Richlands. I think with a few adjustments and the right game plan, they will beat Richlands if given the chance. Appo and Dan River are scary good though. The eventual champion will be one of these four. Grundy was exposed this weekend against a good 1A Hurley team.

Reactions: eh31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT