ADVERTISEMENT

PRAYERS FOR "NAVY NATION" DINWIDDIE FOOTBALL

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Please hit your knees and send out prayers to the Dinwiddie Football team and the family of Quinton Hawkins, Jr. Quinton was a middle school player who unexpectedly passed away in his sleep this morning. Two weeks ago Quinton returned a kickoff for a 95 yard touchdown and helped Dinwiddie Middle School win the Championship. Aside from being a very talented up and coming wide receiver/linebacker he was a well respected teammate and peer. Rest in Peace Quinton. Navy Nation will never forget you #21!

Last edited:
Thanks to all for your sentiments. One of my employees is a good friend of Quinton's mother. I showed her the kind post and she was amazed by the compassion demonstrated by the VAPREPS football family across the Commonwealth I know we do not always agree, but the respect I have for each poster grows daily. May God bless each of you. Have a safe and Merry Christmas.

What a horrible story. :( Prayers to Navy Nation.
Thanks Chuck, and everyone else. We all know that these kind of things happen. It’s sad and just leaves you with so many questions that can not be answered here on earth. Incidentally, the suspected cause of death is thought to be related to asthma, but the authorities are waiting for the results of the autopsy to state the offical cause.

We ask for continued prayers for this family, and the young man’s close friends. For most of his friends and teammates, this is the first time they have had to deal with a death. And at their age, they have not developed the skills, or have life experience to call upon, to process and cope with a tragedy of this nature. So please continue to be with them in your thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT