ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions

does dinwiddies play Eastern View? MaxPreps has Eastern View going to dinwiddie instead of lake taylor.

Woodgrove 45 Dominion 14
Salem 35 William Byrd 34 (toss up)
Dinwiddie 28 Lake Taylor 21
Eastern View 35 Lafayette 31

EV 35 on Lafayette, hmmm.... I looked at their schedule on Maxpreps and I don't see that.

I'm rooting for a Salem/Dinwiddie title game. Preseason I had this documented as my state championship but I changed that when Amherst started strong out the gate. Salem and Woodgrove are on a collision course to play each other next week.

EV 35 on Lafayette, hmmm.... I looked at their schedule on Maxpreps and I don't see that.
So much irony in this comment...Lafayette calling someone out about their schedule. :D:D Good luck to both teams. Gonna need it traveling to Dinwiddie the next week. Tough place to play

So much irony in this comment...Lafayette calling someone out about their schedule. :D:D Good luck to both teams. Gonna need it traveling to Dinwiddie the next week. Tough place to play
Odd comment about traveling the next week to Dinwiddie- already expecting LT to lose this week???

I love Devils subtle approach. :)

I don't typically like to predict games or scores, so I won't. BUT EV typically scores around 35 points and at first glance, I don't think Lafayette has a defense as good as Chancellors has been playing over the last stretch of the season. I see they have a very good WR and 2 decent RB's. The O line looks very disciplined. The size EV has on the O line, I'm guessing, Lafayette hasn't seen yet this year. This should be a good game.. I don't know what to expect from the home field advantage though, so that could play a roll..

Just throwing numbers out there IMO now your turn to throw your opinion numbers out there
I don't really know much about Woodgrove/Dominion so my opinion is pretty worthless. I will go with LT 28-26 in an upset. Salem seems so solid still and will go 31-21. Lafayette? I don't predict my own team but think the defense is solid enough to do better than give up a season high 35.

I love Devils subtle approach. :)

I don't typically like to predict games or scores, so I won't. BUT EV typically scores around 35 points and at first glance, I don't think Lafayette has a defense as good as Chancellors has been playing over the last stretch of the season. I see they have a very good WR and 2 decent RB's. The O line looks very disciplined. The size EV has on the O line, I'm guessing, Lafayette hasn't seen yet this year. This should be a good game.. I don't know what to expect from the home field advantage though, so that could play a roll..
What kind of offensive schemes does EV run? True your 2 tackles are a little bigger than we have seen this year. I will say a 1400 and 1100 yard Rb's may be slightly better than decent and the BRD leading receiver commited to Virginia a Tech might be slightly better than "very good", but just my "homer" opinion. 6 days to find out since no common opponents.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
I think every game in 4a this weekend will be highly contested. Each team left has unique personalitys. Salem's royalty, LT's athleticism, Byrd has Basham, Dinwiddie's mutiple weapons, Lafayettes two 1,000 yard backs, Woodgroves quarterbacks pin point accuracy, EV's strong interior lines, and Dominions balanced attack.

We can talk about schedules and ratings all day long, but based on the VHSL playoff system being utilized the best teams 8 teams are still alive.

With the exception of Dominion and William Byrd who look to crash the party the old guard is still standing tall. Will Lafayette or EV make their move in the east and will someone step up and dethrone Salem?

Who knows, but it sure is interesting. Good luck and safe travels to all teams. Lets get ready to rumble.

Last edited:
Odd comment about traveling the next week to Dinwiddie- already expecting LT to lose this week???
Well if Lake Taylor upsets Dinwiddie and Lafayette beats EV then Lafayette would host Lake Taylor.

I also looked at both teams schedules at their opponents win losses and it's about dead even for both teams.

This is what you dealing with when you step off the bus at Dinwiddie.
tumblr_mamo2zdH1i1rrpsd7.gif

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lol. DP went on a secret mission last night and set the automatic sprinklers to come on every hour for the next five days. We will have the swamp ready by friday for you Devils. The cannon is a loud as ever and the horse threw a shoe last week, but will be back.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and OCBoy
Lol. DP went on a secret mission last night and set the automatic sprinklers to come on every hour for the next five days. We will have the swamp ready by friday for you Devils. The cannon is a loud as ever and the horse threw a shoe last week, but will be back.
Lol. Taking one out of the late Vic Williams playbook huh?? Better pack the long spikes this week and the rain boots.

The cannon at Dinwiddie has got to be an official civil war cannon. It was making children cry in the stands. No lie!

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I forgot to mention this. A guy from Courtland wanted to buy the Dinwiddie siren, no joke. I guess there are not many left around like it and he wanted it for it's uniqueness. It's a Cold War, Civil Defense relic. Of course, he was politely refused.

The cannons, (2), are actually privately owned by a couple of guys who bring them each week. They are special purpose strictly for hobbyist. They were never real and are incapable of firing a projectile.

The horse is a former barrel racing champion, as is the rider. The family, with the help of a few friends, graciously brings their horse to each home game. Jessica rides Cisco Kid up and down the home side every time the Generals score. She carries a large Dinwiddie Generals flag and provides a beautiful, striking presentation. Cisco Kid had a minor injury early last Friday night, and they loaded him up and took him home early, out of an abundance of precaution. Hopefully he is fine, and is good to go this Friday.

I forgot to mention this. A guy from Courtland wanted to buy the Dinwiddie siren, no joke. I guess there are not many left around like it and he wanted it for it's uniqueness. It's a Cold War, Civil Defense relic. Of course, he was politely refused.

The cannons, (2), are actually privately owned by a couple of guys who bring them each week. They are special purpose strictly for hobbyist. They were never real and are incapable of firing a projectile.

The horse is a former barrel racing champion, as is the rider. The family, with the help of a few friends, graciously brings their horse to each home game. Jessica rides Cisco Kid up and down the home side every time the Generals score. She carries a large Dinwiddie Generals flag and provides a beautiful, striking presentation. Cisco Kid had a minor injury early last Friday night, and they loaded him up and took him home early, out of an abundance of precaution. Hopefully he is fine, and is good to go this Friday.
Hope the horse gets better, but if he's not he can sit this one out. No need to go out there and push it while you're injured.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
There are those that said the siren scared him and he ran in front of the cannon.

But wait Devils, don't you plan to shut us out? He shouldn't have any reason to even run.

Wow! Our stadium owned by the county would never allow any of these cool things. They banned a few years ago hand made banners along the sideline fences and our siren also mysteriously disappeared 2 years ago. Even the goal posts pads other fields have their logo only has a nondescript "Wanner". The field itself even after all the money spent did not include a center removable team logo for each the 3 teams that share the field. Boo on James City Co!!

I'm actually expecting blowouts all around!

Woodgrove 49-7
Salem 40-12
Dinwiddie 42-13
Eastern View 53-19
GilliamRatings puts info in a computer and picks blowouts. What a JOKE!....The teams left are going to play with heart and I don't see any blowouts.

Well regardless, it will be a great game by two great teams. It only seems right that we should meet again.

GilliamRatings puts info in a computer and picks blowouts. What a JOKE!....The teams left are going to play with heart and I don't see any blowouts.
Nope, no computer involved; there's a page here with real probabilities somewhere. Here, I was just having a little fun with you guys.

Wait wait doesn't LT play Lafayette and EV plays Dinwiddie?
No no no it was like this last year. The East and west are set up completely different. The west went 1-12 and gave out byes the East broke it into two pods of 8 teams the 757 (17/18) pod basically and then the 804/540 (19/20)pod. Dinwiddie is the 1 seed and EV is the 2 seed from the 19/20 pod. Lafayette is the 1 seed and Lake Taylor is the 2 seed from the 17/18 pod. The pods cross bracket now giving you EV @ Lafayette and Lake Taylor @ Dinwiddie.
Last year was the same way Courtland was the 1 seed Hanover was the 2 seed. Lake Taylor was the other 1 seed Lafayette was the 2 seed. Lafayette played at Courtland and Hanover played at lake Taylor

I think Maxpreps is so automated that there are virtually no checks on anything. I guess after someone that cares enough notifies them, and submits corrected information, it gets changed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT