ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Top 10 Class 4, Region B?

Who would you put as the Top 8 teams that can go far in Class 4, Region B???

• Lousia

• Courtland

• Monacan

• Hanover

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 4, 2019
Since we are 1 week away from the official beginning of basketball season, I was wondering who would you choose to make the playoffs in this region?
Who would you say has the best chance to win it all?
What teams do you think people should lookout for?

Last year was extremely competitive (Final four teams: Louisa, Courtland, Hanover, Huguenot) and this year I think it maybe even more competitive.

How much did EV graduate from last year? Didn’t they lose to Huguenot.
I know Louisa lost a lot.

Eastern View returns Leake if he's playing this year and at least one other key piece I want to say. Louisa actually didn't lose all that much...they lost Shelton who was obviously big and their leading scorer and they lost their 6-7 center. But they return their other three starters (both Hunter's and Haywood) and they had a very very good bench last year with no seniors so if they do drop off I don't think it will be by much.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Eastern View returns Leake if he's playing this year and at least one other key piece I want to say. Louisa actually didn't lose all that much...they lost Shelton who was obviously big and their leading scorer and they lost their 6-7 center. But they return their other three starters (both Hunter's and Haywood) and they had a very very good bench last year with no seniors so if they do drop off I don't think it will be by much.
Who would be your top 10?

Who would be your top 10?
I’d go
1. Louisa
A very very very close 2. Monacan
3. George Wythe
4. Huguenot
5. Caroline

1-4 will be very interesting this year. Wythe moves up from 3A. They lost Ikechi Chantilou to Life Christian but they have Jaheim Stokes (UNC Wilmington, VUU offers) and a couple other shooters. Can’t ever rule out a Coker coached Wythe team. Monacan is loaded! @mbonape1 can explain.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Monacan is going to be a high wire act this season. We got a couple of long players with real-deal athleticism. Don't forget about Joe Bamisile who is the Hokie commit that led the state in scoring across all clarifications and was a standout at the NBA top 100 camp this summer.

We have another 6'7 kid named Jameis Werts that put up numbers all summer for AAU ball. Justin Fernandez is another 6'4 high risers that did well in the AAU circuit this year. We will go about 10 deep with quality players . Scoring will not be a problem for us this year. Synergy and composure will tell the story for us. Anything short of a deep state tourney push will be a disappointment.

Our girls squad should be pretty solid as well. We won region B last year and return most of our players.

Monacan is going to be a high wire act this season. We got a couple of long players with real-deal athleticism. Don't forget about Joe Bamisile who is the Hokie commit that led the state in scoring across all clarifications and was a standout at the NBA top 100 camp this summer.

We have another 6'7 kid named Jameis Werts that put up numbers all summer for AAU ball. Justin Fernandez is another 6'4 high risers that did well in the AAU circuit this year. We will go about 10 deep with quality players . Scoring will not be a problem for us this year. Synergy and composure will tell the story for us. Anything short of a deep state tourney push will be a disappointment.

Our girls squad should be pretty solid as well. We won region B last year and return most of our players.
I heard they have a scrimmage against Steward school next week. That should be a good one. I heard that Joe was out this season. I hope that is not true, he is an incredible talent.

I heard they have a scrimmage against Steward school next week. That should be a good one. I heard that Joe was out this season. I hope that is not true, he is an incredible talent.

Well I heard that also in September but also heard he was going to play later. If he plays that completely changes things

Monacan
Louisa
Huguenot
GW
Lee Davis - Elijah Jones is a very good player
Eastern View
????

I think Wythe could be a top 3 team in 4B. If Ikechi Chantilou was with them I’d say they would be a favorite to win it all. They looked real good in fall ball. They’re one of those teams can shoot lights out from 3. Remember the name Jaheim Stokes!

I think Wythe could be a top 3 team in 4B. If Ikechi Chantilou was with them I’d say they would be a favorite to win it all. They looked real good in fall ball. They’re one of those teams can shoot lights out from 3. Remember the name Jaheim Stokes!
Which Fall league were they in?

Joe Bamisile is not going to play this year... confirmed... bad news for us.

From what I was told he decided not to play... being cautious with the knee. Heard that tech supported him playing but he elected not to

Last edited:
The Louisa crowd was fun last year in Richmond - I would not mind seeing them again

Reactions: AntGZee
Leake had surgery on hand due to football and probably won't be playing this year. Another big loss due to football injury is Spangler. He will miss a good chunk of time with a knee.

Courtland has reloaded with multiple starters transfering from Masaponax. Great guard play with one kid receiving early college offers. They have a very good bench, along with all district and region post player back for Seinor season. Team has started 4-0! EV will not be very good this year, to many injuries, drought Leake plays due to injury. Watch out for this Courtland team, great coach and very good AAU feeder system in place.

From what I was told he decided not to play... being cautious with the knee. Heard that tech supported him playing but he elected not to
I’m at the Monacan vs LCA game its a good one!!
But I don’t see #2 whittenbraker is his name in the program did he quit?
Also, it looks like they have a guard or two injuried justyn Fernandez and Jason Callaham? What’s the deal with their injuries?

I’m at the Monacan vs LCA game its a good one!!
But I don’t see #2 whittenbraker is his name in the program did he quit?
Also, it looks like they have a guard or two injuried justyn Fernandez and Jason Callaham? What’s the deal with their injuries?

Monacan was down 3 starters tonight due to injury. Still prevailed against a talented LCA squad. Justyn Fernandez may be our best player but he did not play today along with Sam Whittenbraker and Jaxon Callaham. We also played very tough with Steward school despite the 7ft Efton Reid. We could have won that game. If we would not have lost Bamisile for the season, I do believe we would be favorites for a state championship regardless of classification. Without him, I think we are in the running for a class 4 title but it certainly will have to be earned. I do think we are a top 10 team for sure on the class 4 level. What did you think of us considering we were missing 3 starters?

Monacan was down 3 starters tonight due to injury. Still prevailed against a talented LCA squad. Justyn Fernandez may be our best player but he did not play today along with Sam Whittenbraker and Jaxon Callaham. We also played very tough with Steward school despite the 7ft Efton Reid. We could have won that game. If we would not have lost Bamisile for the season, I do believe we would be favorites for a state championship regardless of classification. Without him, I think we are in the running for a class 4 title but it certainly will have to be earned. I do think we are a top 10 team for sure on the class 4 level. What did you think of us considering we were missing 3 starters?
I think you all should have won the game, LCA has talent but are not well coached.

I saw LCA play the other night. They are very talented, wouldn’t say they are poorly coached (their coaches are good x and o guys) but I do agree that they could be a little more disciplined!

Monacan/Huguenot are my two favorites to win 4A. Louisa/Halifax County and GW are second tier.

VHSL Hoops Top Tens - Holiday 2019 Edition
It's the holiday season and that means basketball tournaments are in full swing all over the state.
Here's the latest rankings installment through Christmas, entering games on Thursday, December 26, 2019.

Class 4 Top Ten:
Rank
Preseason School Record (thru 12/25)
1. King's Fork 6-0
2. Menchville 7-1
3. Huguenot 5-1
4. Loudoun Valley 6-2
5. Courtland 6-1
6. Woodrow Wilson 8-1* (8-0)
7. E.C. Glass 6-1
8. Halifax County 5-0
9. Louisa 2-1
10. GW-Danville 5-3

https://virginiapreps.rivals.com/news/vhsl-hoops-top-tens-holiday-2018-edition

VHSL Hoops Top Tens - 2020 New Year Edition

Happy New Year to all! It's hard to believe that we've arrived at 2020 and the High School Basketball season for some has reached the halfway point. There are also others that have played as few as four games in our rankings.

Class 4 Top Ten:
Rank School Record (thru 1/2)
1. King's Fork 8-0
2. Menchville 7-1
3. Huguenot 5-1
4. Loudoun Valley 6-2
5. Courtland 9-1
7. Halifax County 7-0
8. Blacksburg 6-0
9. E.C. Glass 6-2
10 GW-Danville 6-4

Dropped Out: #9 Louisa (3-2)

https://virginiapreps.rivals.com/news/vhsl-hoops-top-tens-2020-new-year-edition

Last edited:
Happy New Year to all! It's hard to believe that we've arrived at 2020 and the High School Basketball season for some has reached the halfway point. There are also others that have played as few as four games in our rankings.

Class 4 Top Ten:
Rank School Record (thru 1/2)
1. King's Fork 8-0
2. Menchville 7-1
3. Huguenot 5-1
4. Loudoun Valley 6-2
5. Courtland 9-1
7. Halifax County 7-0
8. Blacksburg 6-0
9. E.C. Glass 6-2
10 GW-Danville 6-4

Dropped Out: #9 Louisa (3-2)

https://virginiapreps.rivals.com/news/vhsl-hoops-top-tens-2020-new-year-edition
7-10 is from 4D

What is your assessment of GW this year? I’ve only seen bits and pieces.

Just chemistry I do believe. New cast, hard to get that chemistry on the floor at the beginning. The championship core group played together since 9th grade, going to take games and continued practice scrimmages to get used to each other. Possible implementation of a different coaching scheme too, contrasting groups. The district schedule will allow to have those moments, as well as get good bench production, which allows a team to get deeper in preparation for post season play.

Courtland up to 10-1 after dismantling Spotsylvania the other night 76-35, as every player scored and starters rested in the 4th quarter.

Just chemistry I do believe. New cast, hard to get that chemistry on the floor at the beginning. The championship core group played together since 9th grade, going to take games and continued practice scrimmages to get used to each other. Possible implementation of a different coaching scheme too, contrasting groups. The district schedule will allow to have those moments, as well as get good bench production, which allows a team to get deeper in preparation for post season play.
I can’t say I’m too happy for some of the junk I see on some of the players’ social media page. Definitely no where as focused as they were last year. That will go a long way along with the other stuff you noted.

I can’t say I’m too happy for some of the junk I see on some of the players’ social media page. Definitely no where as focused as they were last year. That will go a long way along with the other stuff you noted.

For real? That's shameful. Social media can be the worst thing. I hope they get a grip on it and haven't dialed it in already.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT