ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Top 10 Class 4, Region B?

Who would you put as the Top 8 teams that can go far in Class 4, Region B???

• Lousia

• Courtland

• Monacan

• Hanover

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
For real? That's shameful. Social media can be the worst thing. I hope they get a grip on it and haven't dialed it in already.
Of course I’m not at GW to see how coaches are handling these things, they could very well be talking to the kids but it doesn’t look like they are. I’m a huge GW supporter but I’m not liking what I see. Wads of money being flashed, inappropriate things being shared, and just a lot of foolishness. At the school I’m at, we don’t play that with our athletes. Yes, we make time to keep tabs on them! They not only represent our teams and school, but they represent themselves and as educators we want to set the kids up for success...A lot of them just don’t know any better so we have to teach them and hold them accountable! For me, the focus is just not there with GW athletes, not all but a significant number.

Reactions: Go_Cometss
With social media I try to stay on top of things as much as possible. Some cases having multiple pages that I'm not aware of could be an issue. If I know about the issue I handle it. Its easy as 123 there is a message convo box on Va Preps if you see something that disturbs you contact me and it will get resolved.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
With social media I try to stay on top of things as much as possible. Some cases having multiple pages that I'm not aware of could be an issue. If I know about the issue I handle it. Its easy as 123 there is a message convo box on Va Preps if you see something that disturbs you contact me and it will get resolved.
It’s not disturbing in a sense of “this kid needs serious help”, however it just makes the program look bad, and you and I know that the haters want any and everything they can get to call GW out on.. Don’t believe me then see the prejudice comments the Salem fans make in the football threads. Not only your guy(s), but a few of the younger football players have acted irresponsibly. Yes, they are kids and most are immature, but that stuff comes back 2-3 years down the line when a scout is searching their names on social media. Not only does it make the kid look bad but with it being in the middle season, it presents itself as a focus thing and impacts the team! That isn’t your fault and it’s not Nick’s as it hasn’t just started, it’s been like that for a while in Danville. The guys last year did a great job of being focused and led by example. I want to see more of these talented kids be leaders and not followers.

VHSL Hoops Top Tens - Entering 1/17/20 Action
Matthew Hatfield • VirginiaPreps
Publisher
@hatfieldsports

Class 4 Top Ten:
Rank School Record (thru 1/16)
1 King's Fork 11-1
2 Menchville 10-1
3 Courtland 12-1
4 Woodrow Wilson 11-1*
5 Halifax County 12-0
6 Loudoun Valley 9-3
7 Huguenot 10-2
8 Smithfield 12-1
9 Louisa 8-2
10 Jamestown 10-3

Dropped Out: #9 Blacksburg (7-3) and #10 Monacan (8-3)

Last edited:
Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Huge week in the Dominion District. Monacan, Bird, Huguenot, and GW all battle each other this week.

VHSL Top Tens - Entering 2/7/20 Action
Class 4 Top Ten:
Rank School Record (thru 2/6)
1 King's Fork 15-2
2 Courtland 18-1
3 Menchville 16-2
4 Woodrow Wilson 14-4*
5 Jamestown 15-3
6 Smithfield 16-2
7 Louisa 14-4
8 Monacan 16-4
9 Huguenot 16-5