ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason top 50 regardless of classification - Thoughts?

It all comes down to coaching with Smith.

I think O. Smith started leaning way too much on their spread Offense. Westfield simply dropped 8 to counter them & Smith just didn't seem to have enough confidence or consistency in running the ball. Strangely, Westfield really couldn't stop the run game last year but the Smith coaches never recognized that fact.

The common theme in their 2008 & 2011 State Titles was that their running game was equal to their passing game. I'm hoping that balance comes back for 2018.

I think O. Smith started leaning way too much on their spread Offense. Westfield simply dropped 8 to counter them & Smith just didn't seem to have enough confidence or consistency in running the ball. Strangely, Westfield really couldn't stop the run game last year but the Smith coaches never recognized that fact.

The common theme in their 2008 & 2011 State Titles was that their running game was equal to their passing game. I'm hoping that balance comes back for 2018.

I agree completely.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Yes! JV starts at 10 varsity after that.
I was checking out the field on Google Earth!!! I would say the the primary version picture is a tab bit dated. I was thinking, you have got to be kidding me. Then I looked at it from street view, LOL. That was a whole lot better. Springer, are you and your buddies setting up a breakfast tailgate when you get there?

I was checking out the field on Google Earth!!! I would say the the primary version picture is a tab bit dated. I was thinking, you have got to be kidding me. Then I looked at it from street view, LOL. That was a whole lot better. Springer, are you and your buddies setting up a breakfast tailgate when you get there?
Nah, no tailgate for this one.. Nice idea. At least I haven't heard anything about it! I think I'm going to take a small cooler with some cold drinks though! Maybe some munchies tooo...I see what you mean by the Google Maps... it is dated... the street view is accurate. They have a nice facility and field.... Just go down to where the railroad tracks (Center St.) turn right, go down and turn in the parking lot at the football field.... Easy!

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I'm sure glad it's not happening right now. The temp dropped a little when a storm went through, but my goodness, the humidity must be 200%. Come on fall and football season!!!

Hey mbonape1, I guess we will see you at the Monacan/Manchester game again this year? That's our open week again. Which side will you make us sit on this year? I don't think we will see the same outcome this year, do you?

Hey mbonape1, I guess we will see you at the Monacan/Manchester game again this year? That's our open week again. Which side will you make us sit on this year? I don't think we will see the same outcome this year, do you?

Yeah we can meet up there and do dinner before hand again. I don't know about the outcome. We certainly have a good enough roster where we are capable of playing a really good game. Manchester is certainly loaded so it is a tough task. I thought you were going to Waynesboro that week :). ???

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
My buddy Clarkefan hurt my feelings when I said I was considering that game. He was incredulous that I wanted to drive that far for a game of that "potential"! I ought to go just to make him have to make the drive. LOL. But no, I'm too kind. I'll let him stay home that night.

BTW, we can't eat where we ate last year. Bleeding Navy can only have tofu, watercress, and crap like that. Is there a nice public park near Manchester that we can meet? We can let him graze on some nice fresh grass or something.

Norcom has Casaan Dixon and Taurus Jones and not on your list

I only have 4 class 3 teams on the list...
Norcom would be my 5th interms of class 3 rankings. I agree that Norcom could very well be in the top 50. I’d like to see them win class 3 if Hopewell doesn’t repeat. The question is a class 3 (5) seed more deserving than a class 4,5, or 6’s - 11th or 12th seed? I think Brookville could also be in the top 50 as well.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT