ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Martinsville fans

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Why don't you guys play Carlisle? You would think that would be a good rivalry with the historic program Martinsville has and with Carlisle being a state contender in the private school ranks year in and year out.

I agree to a certain extent HR6. I don't really know what to think of LCA being able to compete for the VHSL championships because they're not a public school but I don't necessarily think schools shouldn't play them. It's a weird situation to me.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
There are reasons why they don't play and I don't think they ever will in basketball. If GW wants to play them I think that's great, I just don't think any of the high schools in Martinsville and Henry Co will play them. Just my opinion, it would be a huge money maker but just don't see it happening.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I dont think the playing ground is level for private to play public schools and be included in VHSL. I am hearing they (LCA) already trying to recruit our sophomore Devon Graves for 3 sports. That will set appo football back a bit because he will be involved big time in the next two years. I got him going D1 by his sr year.

I dont think the playing ground is level for private to play public schools and be included in VHSL. I am hearing they (LCA) already trying to recruit our sophomore Devon Graves for 3 sports. That will set appo football back a bit because he will be involved big time in the next two years. I got him going D1 by his sr year.
I hate it! Worst thing the VHSL could've done. I mean it's a win/win really for kids and if it already isn't, it will hurt schools around the Lynchburg area. They have the nicest football stadium in the state and facilities, still be able to compete for a public school championship and still get the private school exposure..It's horrible.

There are reasons why they don't play and I don't think they ever will in basketball. If GW wants to play them I think that's great, I just don't think any of the high schools in Martinsville and Henry Co will play them. Just my opinion, it would be a huge money maker but just don't see it happening.
GW's coach says he doesn't plan to play them anymore. I think Carlisle has worn their welcome in the area since they've attempted to go on the national level.

LCA will take a step back from what they have been in the past. Two reasons:

1. They are playing in 4-A
2. LU stopped giving free education to LCA grads.

LCA will take a step back from what they have been in the past. Two reasons:

1. They are playing in 4-A
2. LU stopped giving free education to LCA grads.

Well sorta kinda on free education
They get a percentage 10% off for every year attending.

And....
You coming to Appo/gretna game tonight?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT