ADVERTISEMENT

R.E. Lee Vs. Bruton....Tuesday.

leemen

VaPreps All District
Feb 12, 2004
Lee seemed to play their best game of the year last night in their 71-45 win over Central(Woodstock). Bruton crushed Amelia County 94-51.

This seems to be a tough match up for Lee. Lee has to make the long trip to Williamsburg and play a team that seems to be rolling. Lee is capable of beating anyone but...will have to bring their A game in this game.

Thoughts on this one? How does Bruton look to those who have seen them play? Weaknesses and Strengths?

Bruton by double digits .. tough draw for sure. It goes back to the Page loss. They should have done what they did last night to Page. If they would have, they would be hosting Greensville County instead of the trip to Williamsburg.

It looks like Bruton likes to pressure the ball. It comes down to handling their pressure defense. Lee needs to keep it close until the 4th. Then who knows, I agree on hosting instead of traveling. The thing is Greensville is going to be a tough draw for Page. Greensville got upset in conference play by 1 point. So...they are a 1 seed playing as a 3 in my opinion. Both Page and Lee have tough tasks.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I disagree with your statement that Page is playing a "1 seed playing as a 3". Greensville's loss to an up and down Prince Edward team........only scoring 31 points at home is telling. Had they beaten PE, they would have had to beat a very good Bluestone team that has all the parts to go deep in this tournament, in order to get the 1 seed. I like Page in this game playing at home.

Fair enough on Greewnsville. I was going by their season....where they seemed to pretty solid. Bluestone is a really good team....and well coached. I saw them a couple years ago against Lee.

Have vou seen or know anything about Bruton?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT