ADVERTISEMENT

Radford 22 Fort Chiswell 0

eastspartan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Mar 1, 2009
Game was closer than the score indicates but it sets up a rematch with Gretna from earlier in the season which Radford won 7-6 @ Gretna.

Reactions: moto138
That's a bit of a surprise since Radford beat Glenvar and Fort Chiswell was not that good once their best player got injured. I wasn't at the game but was expecting a blowout.

Reactions: moto138
Gretna did not play well tonight but they did win. If Gretna brings it next week i look for gretna to get revenge on Radford next week.

Seen Gretna play tonight wasn’t very impressed. They only look to throw to #9 Only thing u have to do is load the box and force them to pass it and make the Qb pas it accurately he can’t do it ,he runs all over the place . There defense is very good and fast . Gretna has very good athletes and speed but offense plays and design Of the plays is very bad .

They could have played all night and JR would have never found end zone.

With the defense JR was playing I could have got open on pass routes. Gretna needs to tweak passing game.They have best WR in the state.

Gretna offense did not look good. Worse they've played since Appomattox. The top recieve is still nursing an ankle and played sparingly but did have one of the only catches for a TD. Gretna only three three times. Finally went back to spread and had some success but this would be there fourth offense rewrite of the year. Hard to get in a groove when the entire playbook is changed every week. Need to stay in spread that these kids have run their whole lives and hopefully get crisper. That Wing T like I said all year will not work against good teams. We are not a ground and pound team with the athletes we have. Hopefully learned from Radford game. Playing wing t played right onto Radford's hands.

I really don’t think he can he doesn’t even look to
Throw it to anybody else but 9 Fade pass is there best play where he punches off or scramble and somebody get open . No screen passes or slant pass TE play down the middle to that big kid Nothing .

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Last night, the slant was there on almost every play. #9 had one on one coverage with a 5-9 DB.

He been stuck on heavy run formation every since he took over. Tried telling me Gretna even with Vic Hall ran 90% of the time, which is a lie but you can just look at stats to see that. He finally got everybody on board to wing t and got rid of spread this year. Four years ago he tried to go to I formation and after few terrible games, boosters jumped on him to get back to spread. Funny he started off under center tight formations. Then went to shotgun wing t with two split out instead of one and last night finally was forced back to spread. Last night Wing T zero yards, spread big gains and TDs.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
I dream of the day, that QB isn't allowed to "go under center". Every snap should be taken in shotgun formation.

I called QB under center "Chicken _____Football"

Lol HR6 that's a little extreme. Every team has success in their own way with what works for them. The wing T is an offence that is very successful if it suits your personal. Gretna has had their success with spread giving the athletes and personal they have. Some teams have huge lines and big bruising backs and their offense is more suited to them. You wouldn't step in at Riverheads and try to install a spread. If a new coach came in there and tried he probably get run out of town. You don't fix something that isn't broken.

Reactions: gladiators01
True, but I hate QB under center. I like shotgun formation, no matter where running backs line up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT