ADVERTISEMENT

Radford @ Galax

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Thinking about going Friday night. Radford has looked as good as advertised and Galax seems to be a little better than they normally are. Anyone got the rundown?

Let me only be fair and talk about Radford. Landon Clark Friday played one half. He was 10 for 10 300yards and 5 passing TDS. He also had 47 yards rushing and a rushing touchdown. Against Gate City he was 10 for 12 and 6TDs and rushed for another 2TDS. I think people on this board think I’m going on and on but I’m not trying to. My question has been who will matchup with the multiple WRs that Radford has? It’s a fair question. Most teams in SWVA don’t face passing like Radford has. Furthermore as good as they have looked, I don’t think we have seen all they have to offer. All that being said Galax is Radford toughest road test. I expect Galax to give everything they have to silence “the talk”

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Radford by 21
Could very well be the case - Radford so far has looked outstanding. Although The big difference in this game is the play style of the two teams . Radford likes to score quick with big plays, and are very explosive. Where as Galax is very content to grind out 3 to 5 yards at a time and eat clock and wear on you, then they start pulling lineman and do a lot of reach blocking and those 3 to 4 yard gains turn into 10 to 12. If Galax can keep their O off the field they have a chance.

Could very well be the case - Radford so far has looked outstanding. Although The big difference in this game is the play style of the two teams . Radford likes to score quick with big plays, and are very explosive. Where as Galax is very content to grind out 3 to 5 yards at a time and eat clock and wear on you, then they start pulling lineman and do a lot of reach blocking and those 3 to 4 yard gains turn into 10 to 12. If Galax can keep their O off the field they have a chance.
I would view Galax similar to Pulaski. Pulaski could move the ball but lacked big plays. Radford was up 28-7 fast in the first half. Galax may be a better team than Pulaski, (Who surprised me with a win at Bluefield) but will need to throw to keep up. Given Galax's history, I would never count them out (Solid Program), I do not see a blow out by any means. If anything, I will go with a 10-13 point Radford win. 34-21 is my projection.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT