ADVERTISEMENT

Radford v.s. PC

Aug 6, 2009
Radford-17 PC- 7

This was a glorified scrimmage as we all know but the fact that PC was PHYSICALLY yes PHYSICALLY outplayed by the 2A Bobcats should be of concern IMO for PC. And yes the Bobcats are a very good team and should IMO contend for the 2A title. The Cougars once again displayed their total lack of discipline with multiple un-sportsman like conduct penalties and unforced errors. The massive offensive line that has been talked about so much and was going to be the difference this year simply could not block Radford at no point in the game. They simply looked very slow and not fundamentally sound.

I have went to every practice and scrimmage that PC has had this year and based on what I have seen to this point when they play a team that is well coached and fundamentally sound they will get beat. I do not (unfortunately) see them as any real contender or a sleeper as some have stated unless something drastically changes at PC. I have said it before and will say it again the problem with PC is not the lack of good ball players but it is the lack of structure and discipline. Those things fall directly on the coach and coaching staff. There has been a major culture shift at PC and until that shift is corrected they will continue to under achieve. And until you have coaches that actually coach and be coaches to the players and not their "buddy" it will be the same old song.

This year IMO will be no different than past years since James arrival in the fact that they continue to play a weak schedule with the exception of Blacksburg, Salem and maybe you include PH. They obviously will make the playoffs this year as will everyone in Region D. They however will not be a factor in the playoffs. I know some will disagree with my opinions and comments and that is certainly ok but I and many others would like nothing more than to see PC get back to actually being relevant (which they have not been since 2008) and a team to talk about every year. That simply will not happen with the way things are done at PC and with the current staff. And anyone who truly the history of PC football knows this and understands what I am saying.

My prediction for PC is 8-2 or 7-3 with losses coming to Salem, Blacksburg and potentially PH and a first round loss in the playoffs. If I am wrong I certainly will eat that crow. Good luck to all teams and players this year....

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Meat Chop - I think your analysis is pretty accurate. I understand Radford has several Division I players in the trenches, but under no circumstance should Pulaski County get beat up front by Radford. Sure, Radford will likely be playing in late November or December in 2A, but for Pulaski Co. to lose by double digits in this fashion is embarassing. Such a performance won't get it done in 4A.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT