ADVERTISEMENT

Radford will play better next week

Jan 27, 2002
Realize Radford won despite 4 turnovers to 0 turnovers. Radford won despite 10 penalties to 2 penalties ( I could wrong) for Glenvar. Definitely Radford poorest performance in years and they won. Landon Clark still had three TDs and some field changing punts. It’s a game Radford needed. Don’t underestimate Clark’s speed. Don’t underestimate Max Kanipe. No one talks about him but he’s everywhere. 13 catches last night.

Somebody please post the location of the game as soon as you find out, thanks. Graham beat a very good Union team today. Should be a good game.

Somebody please post the location of the game as soon as you find out, thanks. Graham beat a very good Union team today. Should be a good game.
Rumor is Salem or Christiansburg with a leaning towards Salem is what I heard. 2pm rumored time. That’s rumors take it for what it’s worth.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Clements will rush for over 400 yards....rushed for over 300 on a much better Union defense....Graham rolls by at least 21 points

Has Radford played against anyone that has an athlete like Clements? Also, on the flip side, Graham hasnt had to try to stop an athlete like Clark that will touch the ball every single play. Should be a very fun game to watch

Reactions: toughy299
Has Radford played against anyone that has an athlete like Clements? Also, on the flip side, Graham hasnt had to try to stop an athlete like Clark that will touch the ball every single play. Should be a very fun game to watch
I would say no. Last 2 weeks teams have tried to run it down Radford’s throat and what helped those teams was the ability to pass. Graham will need to have some passing. Radford doesn’t have size but plenty of speed

Clements will rush for over 400 yards....rushed for over 300 on a much better Union defense....Graham rolls by at least 21 points
Wishful thinking! Graham had trouble with Anderson several times today. They’ll have trouble with Clark. Still hoping the GMen win though.

Radford is a very worthy opponent and Graham is and should be the underdog in this one. I wouldn't count on 1 player to have that type of performance each time out. It's a team sport, Radford has weapons all over the field. They will be the most athletic and fastest team Graham has played all year.

Realize Radford won despite 4 turnovers to 0 turnovers. Radford won despite 10 penalties to 2 penalties ( I could wrong) for Glenvar. Definitely Radford poorest performance in years and they won. Landon Clark still had three TDs and some field changing punts. It’s a game Radford needed. Don’t underestimate Clark’s speed. Don’t underestimate Max Kanipe. No one talks about him but he’s everywhere. 13 catches last night.
No way toughy. Region C is weak. Glenvar is horrible. Radford barely beat them. I would go ahead and start scouting Riverheads if I was Graham.

Clements might rush for 400 but Clark will rush and pass for more. Dont underestimate Clark’s running game. Once Clark takes off it’s hard to stop him. One good offensive athlete can’t carry the team, and besides Max Kanipe is just one of many other high threat receivers that Radford has. The run game won’t work forever. Clements stamina will diminish throughout the game.

Reactions: toughy299
No way toughy. Region C is weak. Glenvar is horrible. Radford barely beat them. I would go ahead and start scouting Riverheads if I was Graham.
Graham never looks ahead. No one will be on their radar this week but Radford. Their coaches preach not to take any opponent lightly and they will not take Radford lightly. Can the GMen win? Absolutely! Will they win? I hope so! 🤞

Graham never looks ahead. No one will be on their radar this week but Radford. Their coaches preach not to take any opponent lightly and they will not take Radford lightly. Can the GMen win? Absolutely! Will they win? I hope so! 🤞
I know you want to believe this but it is cliche and not true.

I met some friends from Pearisburg earlier this year in Tazewell when the Giles vs. Tazewell game got moved to Thursday.

I come back from getting a hotdog and sitting on the visitors side was Tony Palmer & staff. He was doing his best Connor Stallions impression and taking in everything Tazewell was doing.

Graham played Tazewell the following week but they had a game against Pulaski County the following night. Definitely looking ahead there.

It’s human nature to look ahead. Maybe they won’t this week but to say they never do is just fairy tales and rainbows.

I know you want to believe this but it is cliche and not true.

I met some friends from Pearisburg earlier this year in Tazewell when the Giles vs. Tazewell game got moved to Thursday.

I come back from getting a hotdog and sitting on the visitors side was Tony Palmer & staff. He was doing his best Connor Stallions impression and taking in everything Tazewell was doing.

Graham played Tazewell the following week but they had a game against Pulaski County the following night. Definitely looking ahead there.

It’s human nature to look ahead. Maybe they won’t this week but to say they never do is just fairy tales and rainbows.
Considering the Tazewell is 10 miles from his house, yeah he was there. It's not like traveled from Bluefield to Radford Friday night. Coach Crist was hanging at Bullitt Park.yesterdaythough. Trust me, ain't nobody in Bluefield thinking about the Riverheads. It's the Bobcats they're focusing on this week. Should be a heck of a game! Go GMen!

Considering the Tazewell is 10 miles from his house, yeah he was there. It's not like traveled from Bluefield to Radford Friday night. Coach Crist was hanging at Bullitt Park.yesterdaythough. Trust me, ain't nobody in Bluefield thinking about the Riverheads. It's the Bobcats they're focusing on this week. Should be a heck of a game! Go GMen!
Crist knew he played Union or Graham next so you’re right, he wasn’t looking ahead.

My point was Tony P seemed awful worried about learning Tazewell’s signals the night before he played Pulaski.

Is that not looking ahead?

Crist knew he played Union or Graham next so you’re right, he wasn’t looking ahead.

My point was Tony P seemed awful worried about learning Tazewell’s signals the night before he played Pulaski.

Graham hater.

I guarantee ,no offense to Tazewell but Graham was never worried about the Bulldogs or their signals and Tony Palmer doesn't do Graham's defense but A for effort! 🤣🤣🤣

I guarantee ,no offense to Tazewell but Graham was never worried about the Bulldogs or their signals and Tony Palmer doesn't do Graham's defense but A for effort! 🤣🤣🤣
Seen it with my own eyes brother. It’s literally not up for debate with you on this subject.

Ironic that it happened literally the night that the Michigan sign stealing news came out. I don’t care either way but let’s not play the holier than thou card when speaking on TP.

Again, idc, but if we keep taking then the bodies may get found.

Seen it with my own eyes brother. It’s literally not up for debate with you on this subject.

Ironic that it happened literally the night that the Michigan sign stealing news came out. I don’t care either way but let’s not play the holier than thou card when speaking on TP.

Again, idc, but if we keep taking then the bodies may get found.
All I'm saying is Graham was never worried about Tazewell. The veil has been lifted, you're a Tony Palmer hater. It's okay, not everyone is a fan! There's probably Graham folks that don't like him and I'm sure he could care less! You can find some Crist haters down Bristol way too if you look hard enough and we're a lot of them in Radford until recently.

All I'm saying is Graham was never worried about Tazewell. The veil has been lifted, you're a Tony Palmer hater. It's okay, not everyone is a fan! There's probably Graham folks that don't like him and I'm sure he could care less! You can find some Crist haters down Bristol way too if you look hard enough and we're a lot of them in Radford until recently.
Again, I don’t hate him. He doesn’t affect my life in any way. I didn’t know who he was until a pal pointed him out. That’s when we noticed what he was doing.

He wouldn’t have been dedicating a Thursday night to Michigan scouting if he wasn’t worried at all. That’s just silly for you to say. I’m sure if we go back to the week of the tazewell vs Graham game I could find a post if you saying that the gmen weren’t taking the bulldogs lightly. Can’t say now that they weren’t worried.

And once more, I don’t care that he did what I saw. As far as I know it’s not against the rules. Do it until someone tells you to stop if you’re getting a competitive advantage from it.

I respect your fandom and respectfulness as a supporter of the GMen. I don’t want this ti be a pissing match. All I was saying is that all teams and all coaches look ahead at some point and that’s okay, you just have to have that balance of not looking too far ahead.

Good luck to the Gmen. Id rather see a SWD team win it than anyone else. Just be humble about it.

Again, I don’t hate him. He doesn’t affect my life in any way. I didn’t know who he was until a pal pointed him out. That’s when we noticed what he was doing.

He wouldn’t have been dedicating a Thursday night to Michigan scouting if he wasn’t worried at all. That’s just silly for you to say. I’m sure if we go back to the week of the tazewell vs Graham game I could find a post if you saying that the gmen weren’t taking the bulldogs lightly. Can’t say now that they weren’t worried.

And once more, I don’t care that he did what I saw. As far as I know it’s not against the rules. Do it until someone tells you to stop if you’re getting a competitive advantage from it.

I respect your fandom and respectfulness as a supporter of the GMen. I don’t want this ti be a pissing match. All I was saying is that all teams and all coaches look ahead at some point and that’s okay, you just have to have that balance of not looking too far ahead.

Good luck to the Gmen. Id rather see a SWD team win it than anyone else. Just be humble about it.
I get your point. I'm not denying what you saw I wasn't there but I stand by those coaches weren't worried about Tazewell beating them.
I'm certain I say they shouldn't take any opponent lightly and find that comment several times including the Tazewell game. I'm not going to get on a board and say GMen going to stomp them.
I'm also pretty straightforward when I see things I think the GMen need to work on but Im no coach and my opinion means zero.
I do know they preach that to their players not to take any opponent lightly & Give them the tools to play confidently & expecting to win. Now with all that said -with Tazewell, not worried, with Union, probably worried, with Radford, probably worried. I'd also say Union was probably worried and Radford is probably worried. It would be foolish at this point not to be if you were Graham or Radford. A team doesn't get to the state semis if they're bad.

I know this is captain obvious but the only guy that can beat Graham is Landon Clark. Slow him down and you will win the game. I don't think they have another go to guy if Clark is shut down.

I also don't agree with Toughy that it was only close because Radford had a bad game. One could also say that Radford isn't as good as advertised because they barely escaped Glenvar.

I know this is captain obvious but the only guy that can beat Graham is Landon Clark. Slow him down and you will win the game. I don't think they have another go to guy if Clark is shut down.

I also don't agree with Toughy that it was only close because Radford had a bad game. One could also say that Radford isn't as good as advertised because they barely escaped Glenvar.
I just gave stats. Glenvar 0 turnovers Radford 4 turnovers. Radford 10 penalties Glenvar 2 penalties. Radford beat Glenvar 36-3 earlier in the season WHEN they turned the ball over ZERO times. Radford beat Galax and George Wythe by similar margins to Graham because they didn’t turn the play over. Can you understand that? Lee Corso said show me a team with few turnovers and they will win show me a team with a lot of turnovers and they will have a losing record. I pray you sleep on Max Knipe Charlie Davis Luke Woodard and freshman Daniel Grubb. I’m glad Graham coaching staff is smarter than the fan base.

The muffed punt turnover on the 5, ill advised fake punt from own 35, and 2 uncharacteristic interceptions kind of say otherwise. 4 huge momentum swings that kept glenvar in the game that were kind of unforced. Part of the game I know….but not Radfords A game.

I’m glad Graham coaching staff is smarter than the fan base.
Is he a Graham person? But I do agree, Tony Palmer has assembled a top notch staff of coaches who work well together, there are no big egos. Clark may dominate but our defensive team will put together the best way to try and limit him. Will the players execute the way they're supposed to, who knows? If they do, Clark may face the most pressure he's had all season.

I just gave stats. Glenvar 0 turnovers Radford 4 turnovers. Radford 10 penalties Glenvar 2 penalties. Radford beat Glenvar 36-3 earlier in the season WHEN they turned the ball over ZERO times. Radford beat Galax and George Wythe by similar margins to Graham because they didn’t turn the play over. Can you understand that? Lee Corso said show me a team with few turnovers and they will win show me a team with a lot of turnovers and they will have a losing record. I pray you sleep on Max Knipe Charlie Davis Luke Woodard and freshman Daniel Grubb. I’m glad Graham coaching staff is smarter than the fan base.
Yes, I understand you are a homer and manipulate the stats and make excuses for it being so close. You do understand that Radford was 4th and four from losing the game. Right?

There are turnovers and there are created turnovers. Have some class and Know the difference.

Yes, I understand you are a homer and manipulate the stats and make excuses for it being so close. You do understand that Radford was 4th and four from losing the game. Right?

There are turnovers and there are created turnovers. Have some class and Know the difference.
So you don’t know how to read stats. One thing for sure with 10 seconds left everyone on Glenvar defense knew it was pass yet Luke Woodard got open and CAUGHT the pass. I had a friend at Pulaski who said if they wouldn’t turn the ball over 5 times to Graham they would have won but I guess that doesn’t matter either. lol

Can I ask a question? What are Clark stats in the playoffs when by definition the competition should be better than some teams faced during the regular season? What has Clements done during the playoffs? I don’t really care who wins but what you do this time of the season matters more than what you did week 2 against a team that ended up 2-8. I have no idea what either have done statistically but I know what I saw Clements do against a damn good Union team so I know they can handle playing against a quality defense. Haven’t watched Clark and he may have been just as electric.

So you don’t know how to read stats. One thing for sure with 10 seconds left everyone on Glenvar defense knew it was pass yet Luke Woodard got open and CAUGHT the pass. I had a friend at Pulaski who said if they wouldn’t turn the ball over 5 times to Graham they would have won but I guess that doesn’t matter either. lol
There is a difference between forced and unforced turnovers. Graham tried very hard at Union to force fumbles but Anderson had superior ball protection skills. Pulaski, no offense, didn't.

Can I ask a question? What are Clark stats in the playoffs when by definition the competition should be better than some teams faced during the regular season? What has Clements done during the playoffs? I don’t really care who wins but what you do this time of the season matters more than what you did week 2 against a team that ended up 2-8. I have no idea what either have done statistically but I know what I saw Clements do against a damn good Union team so I know they can handle playing against a quality defense. Haven’t watched Clark and he may have been just as electric.
Clark finished 27 of 39 for 270 yards and two touchdowns in the air. He also carried the ball 13 times for 114 yards, including a 67-yard touchdown burst in the fourth quarter that gave Radford a 23-16 lead with just over six minutes remaining.

Also , plays every snap on defense and does so incredibly. (I know your guy does too) Clark doesn’t get plays off. He is as driven and tenacious of a 2a football player I’ve seen since Grahams stud that went to Purdue.

What Clements has done in the playoffs, especially yesterday, is down right remarkable. He is an absolute legend at this point in my mind. He may even get the final say come Saturday.

What Landen Clark has done for the Bobcats the past 3 years will go down in the annals of history. No one else has been on the field for as many plays and contributed the way he has.

His best natural sport is basketball btw. He scored 20 points as a sophomore in the state championship against John Marshall.

Most importantly, he has grown tremendously as a young man over the years. He looked himself in the mirror and said I have to be a better person and made it happen.

He could get crushed Saturday and I will still say…He’s the dude in VHSL 2A sports.

So I'll leave it here. Radford is a great team BECAUSE they made the conversion and TD throw when they had to at the end of the game. They hadn't been tested all year. I thought it was a great Region final by two great teams.

You can interpret stats many different ways. If you know how to read stats as well as you claim, you will be the first to admit that.

I don’t think Glenvars hatred and desire the beat Landen Cl….I mean Radford can be overstated. Major factor in keeping a rivalry game close.
Absolutely 100% correct. That is a "stat" that is overlooked by Toughy and doesn't show up in his stat book.

I don’t think Glenvars hatred and desire to beat Landen Cl….I mean Radford can be overstated. Major factor in keeping a rivalry game close.
Hatred didn’t change from first game to second game THIS season. 4 turnovers did change this season.

@MarlburlMan I wasn’t asking to compare him to “my guy”. I was wondering what his stats were over the three games in the playoffs? And what were Clements? I think both are extremely talented just curious to see what they have done so far in the playoffs against better competition.

Radford better play better than what it did with Glenville, cauze if not there could wheepin an nashin of teeth down in dur as Big Papa rolls off this mountain from Big Blue.

• Haha
Reactions: Gridiron1960
Glenvar is not horrible. They are coached well and have a dynamic QB. They are a solid team across the board.

Nobody knows Radford better than Glenvar. Radford would have been better off playing Gretna. Would have been lopsided imo.

Glenvar came out with a good game plan. Radford had a few turnovers that cost them. They battled back and won.

With that said, I think Graham wins, but to judge Radford on this Glenvar game...... okay Smoking Joe.

Region C has produced 7 of the last 10 Div II State Champions in football while the other 3 regions combined have only managed to muster 3 in that same 10 year span....might want to rethink the Region C is weak argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT