ADVERTISEMENT

Ratings

Are the ratings actually correct? They show Stonebridge as 1-3 but the weekly scores show them as 0-4.
Stone Bridge is 0-4. There is at least one mistake in the 6D standings also, Yorktown lost to Washington-Liberty and they have that backwards. I guess the recent retirement of that wonderful lady who has done this forever is already showing some growing pains with the new VHSL rep who does this.

Stone Bridge is actually 1-4. They received a forfeit win against Woodgrove from the night that those thunderstorms spread havoc across many games. …..and yes there schedule early was a viper pit.

Stone Bridge is actually 1-4. They received a forfeit win against Woodgrove from the night that those thunderstorms spread havoc across many games. …..and yes there schedule early was a viper pit.
Right now VHSL is not showing their game against Good Counsel in the ratings.

That’s correct. Their record is 1-4 but I believe the VHSL counts only 9 eligible total games for them this year. The game against Good Counsel does not factor into their ratings, from everything I’ve been told. A win against GC would not have helped them either. Their total points at the end of the regular season will be divided by 9. For the record Good Counsel had (5) 4 star players and (3) 3 star players on the field. It was quite a collection of talent on display.

I believe a corrected edition of the ratings is scheduled to be posted by the VHSL tomorrow. Two or three errors have been found, and corrections have been made.

Incidentally, the #1 error that occurs is that the game score gets posted to rSchool and/or the AP backwards. Instead of team A winning 50-0, the actual score was 0-50. This happens a lot.

Another apparent error concerns Rider Points. Often, someone calculating their team’s points, includes the Rider Points of the games “out of state opponents” have won and lost. Unknown by most is that the VHSL doesn’t recognize wins and losses over “private” schools by out of state opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT