ADVERTISEMENT

Rd.2 Courtland (9-2) vs. Eastern View (9-2)

Who wins?

• Courtland

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Eastern View

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
But not tonight Shaunty as Eastern View is who I knew they were.....red dawn with a pretty great call with a 49-21 prediction.

Final Courtland 48 Eastern View 20
EV is as they have always been. I expected that but from year to year, you must give the benefit of the doubt. Cougars are keeping the hammer down and I'm happy about that but the fumbles must stop. When you get to this point in the season, that can often be the difference in the game and it damn well pisses off the defense that's playing their butts off to keep your team in the game.

Not perfect but still a very good win. GL next Friday.

EV is as they have always been. I expected that but from year to year, you must give the benefit of the doubt. Cougars are keeping the hammer down and I'm happy about that but the fumbles must stop. When you get to this point in the season, that can often be the difference in the game and it damn well pisses off the defense that's playing their butts off to keep your team in the game.

Not perfect but still a very good win. GL next Friday.
This game was never in question. Courtland was in control throughout. As I recall, Courtland fumbled once. It was a strip as the runner was fighting for extra yards.

Reactions: Michael Cassio
This game was never in question. Courtland was in control throughout. As I recall, Courtland fumbled once. It was a strip as the runner was fighting for extra yards.

Anyone who saw either team play knew EV couldn't hang with Courtland.....anytime EV ran into a team that wasn't beat up and had talent it got run off the field

Anyone who saw either team play knew EV couldn't hang with Courtland.....anytime EV ran into a team that wasn't beat up and had talent it got run off the field
That statement of course isn't true... What's your reasoning to that?

Is the game Friday or Saturday? In the past this round starts the Saturday games m.

Empi
That statement of course isn't true... What's your reasoning to that?

Empirical evidence

EV 3 losses

55-28 Chancellor
42-21 Sherando
48-20 Courtland

I'd say that's getting run off the field

Spotsylvania, Orange, Manassas Park, Liberty, Brentsville, Culpeper, Fauquier, Kettle Run, a beat up Chancellor.

Not exactly wins against great opponents, lost the three toughest games.....

Courtland just had more athletes. First time seeing Courtland play and did not live up to the hype of what people were saying. Physically EV was right there with Courtland. Courtland will have a tough time next week.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
Empi

Empirical evidence

EV 3 losses

55-28 Chancellor
42-21 Sherando
48-20 Courtland

I'd say that's getting run off the field

Spotsylvania, Orange, Manassas Park, Liberty, Brentsville, Culpeper, Fauquier, Kettle Run, a beat up Chancellor.

Not exactly wins against great opponents, lost the three toughest games.....
EV was just as physical as Courtland tonight. Courtland beat them no excuses but if they are "run off the field" then what do you say to those teams that allowed EV to put up just as many or not more points than most teams have all year against them? Courtland has a good team but I'm going with Woodgrove to win it all

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
EV is a very average team that played a very favorable schedule, great year at 9-3. But when they played up they did not fair well

EV was just as physical as Courtland tonight. Courtland beat them no excuses but if they are "run off the field" then what do you say to those teams that allowed EV to put up just as many or not more points than most teams have all year against them? Courtland has a good team but I'm going with Woodgrove to win it all

That EV needs to play defense against good teams

Not EVs fault those "other" teams weren't up to par as usual

That's the point, when EV played a team that that was "up to par" they did not play well, especially on defense. And ultimately when it's playoff time, EV will need to play defense if it wants to change its perception

Reactions: OCBoy
Courtland's defense wasn't that stout either playing against "an average team"
If it weren't for all the penalties on offense EV racked up they would have put up a lot more points. EV could pound the ball on that D for most of the night but dumb mistakes and penalties put them in bad situations. Courtlands D did stand their ground too many times

Gave up two legit scoring drives ( the other being a 6 yd drives after a strip fumble by #3), score 48 points and control the game from start to finish. What your supposed to do as a favorite playing an average team

Their defense was in control all night with the exception of the first drive of second half. First touchdown was on a 4th down jump ball against a second teamer nursing a bad shoulder. The last score was on a six yard drive thanks to a fumble. How many passes were completed by EV? EV's running game not consistent. I bet coach Hatfield was impressed withe defense...lets see what he has to say.

If it wasn't for flag happy officials putting them in long situations would of been a different game. On those two scoring drives Courtland had no answer to the Qb keepers

If it weren't for all the penalties on offense EV racked up they would have put up a lot more points. EV could pound the ball on that D for most of the night but dumb mistakes and penalties put them in bad situations. Courtlands D did stand their ground too many times

Pound the ball...really? Amazing what some people think they see.

Their defense was in control all night with the exception of the first drive of second half. First touchdown was on a 4th down jump ball against a second teamer nursing a bad shoulder. The last score was on a six yard drive thanks to a fumble. How many passes were completed by EV? EV's running game not consistent. I bet coach Hatfield was impressed withe defense...lets see what he has to say.
Of course coach hatfield is gonna say they were good... When you have class that's what you do. So that argument is invalid

Completely disagree with you--Courtland's defense was plenty stout and the game was never in question. The offense scored at will. I'm not sure what the hype was, but it was clear that the better team won and won soundly.

Reactions: Michael Cassio
Courtland was the better team, they will have a shot this year. That being said all the other non sense is just that non sense. I don't understand the put down on EV in the Chancellor win. They lost to Chancellor with 4 starters on the bench and the Navy commit playing with a broken hand he broke the night before.. same goes with the Sherando loss. EV was just as good as both teams they lost to before Courtland.. Most posters only want to look at the facts that prove there argument, look at them all. I was impressed with Courtland. Victor Greene was much better in person than on film and I thought the WR Allen was very good even with just a few touches. Best WR I have seen in 4 years, including the UVA connit from KR last year. One of the posters earlier was somewhat right though.. the Refs/EV stopped more drives then Courtland did early on.. then you get kids attitudes changing as you go down in points, you start playing differently. Big early dropped pass when EV was driving in first quarter inside the 30.. refs had no idea what illegal man down field is and called a phantom chop block which negated big plays.. EV was put in very long yardage twice early with what seemed like incorrect penalties (not ready to watch the film). I mean first and 30 type stuff. In these games you can't have that stuff early.. that breaks the spirit unfortunately. I did leave wondering about the defense of Courtland (just my opinion from what I saw). I think EV could have scored a few more times. Courtland has small LB's, 44 seems like a hard nose kid (my kind of kid), but he's a guesser and was easliy blocked. A couple final points:
1. This was certainly a game where after the first quarter I realized courtland would win this game. It oddly made it easier to watch even with what looked like some lopsided calls. Courtland has very good atheletes playing in the right scheme for the players they have. That said you don't have to minimize what EV did this season to make your points.
2. I don't think I have ever seen Hatfield as angry and fired up as he was last night. Even calling a timeout to get on the field and have at it with the refs. He knew the battle was tough enough.
3. I was very surprised Courtland kept most if not all starters in up till 4 mins left in the game. I'm not opposed to it, just surprising.

I like this website sometimes, but it would be nice if somehow more posters posted with more facts and less emotion.

One more thing, what was up with the lack of people at the game for Courtland? I don't have numbers but by the eye, EV had more fans there..

Reactions: OCBoy
Congratulations to EV for a good season. In its brief history, EV has progressed fairly fast IMHO. As evidenced by the haters. Good luck next week to the victors. Keep on building the program Coach H.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT