ADVERTISEMENT

Red pride

I'd take Juan Thornhill and AltaVista 1A vs any of the Appo teams the past 3 years.

I'd have to respectfully disagree. Those Vista teams were stout, but I don't think they could match the firepower of 2015 or 2016 Appo ( I don't think 2016 would be close). I would say 2015 Vista vs 2017 Appo would be a great game!

Just for fun went to the VHSL reference football site and ran the VHSL simulator game between the 2016 RH team and 2016 Appo team. Appo would win 71% of the time. 2016 RH team vs 2017 Appo team was Appo at 58% of the time. Fun to mess with.

Quality post.

@GatorBait1988 I couldn't help but laugh after that. Either you are so vain that you didn't see it, or you got the point of the sarcasm.

The 2 that made me write that reply was RH/SD/Richlands and Lee this year. Just posting a score tells nothing of the game, just like Salem Louisa.

You keep saying that can't compete against the top 2a teams. I am guessing you mean best them, but they have done thst in the past. They were way better last year and Lee wasn't as good, but Lee the same players and Riverheads lost a bunch, but they certainly handled them. Meaning they can compete with that type of athleticism.

I absolutely hate these type of threads about Riverheads, it has me taking up for them lol

So please fellas, for this Cougar, can we stop with the Riverheads bashing threads so I can stop defending them and go back to disliking them lol at this point defending them, there is only 1 I dislike lol

@GatorBait1988 I couldn't help but laugh after that. Either you are so vain that you didn't see it, or you got the point of the sarcasm.

The 2 that made me write that reply was RH/SD/Richlands and Lee this year. Just posting a score tells nothing of the game, just like Salem Louisa.

You keep saying that can't compete against the top 2a teams. I am guessing you mean best them, but they have done thst in the past. They were way better last year and Lee wasn't as good, but Lee the same players and Riverheads lost a bunch, but they certainly handled them. Meaning they can compete with that type of athleticism.

I absolutely hate these type of threads about Riverheads, it has me taking up for them lol

So please fellas, for this Cougar, can we stop with the Riverheads bashing threads so I can stop defending them and go back to disliking them lol at this point defending them, there is only 1 I dislike lol

I'm very vain, but, I also understood the sarcasm. Again, quality post.

Because I don't think they would come within two possessions (which for RH is a lot) doesn't mean I'm downing them. Essentially calling them a top 8 team in the State every year at 2A isn't downing them. At least not in my opinion.....

You had 4 years in 2A with 0 titles and 0 appearances. That question has already been answered. The best team in my opinion you ever put on the field was in 2012 with Moore in the backfield. Now the question is how many will you win in 1A where you and Stonewall will consistently represent the district in the post season.
You need watch more or learn more about football especially Riverheads football

You had 4 years in 2A with 0 titles and 0 appearances. That question has already been answered. The best team in my opinion you ever put on the field was in 2012 with Moore in the backfield. Now the question is how many will you win in 1A where you and Stonewall will consistently represent the district in the post season.
Lets make a cow patty out of all the WM ( waste management ) championship rings . LMAO

You need watch more or learn more about football especially Riverheads football
0 2A titles or appearances. Fact.
Two 0-10 teams in your Region this year. Fact. I really hope someone steps it up against you, Xcross is sucking enough air out of the county as it is.

Wilson didn’t make playoffs when everyone makes playoffs. FACT
If they will clean up all the corruption in the coaching staff they could have a good team ! Personally i could care less .
Merry Christmas to them from the Trophy Case at RIVERHEADS !

It's hilarious to see two teams that mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of high school football talk trash to one and other.

Keep going guys, this is making me LOL.

I just want to say I said about Wilson football until everything that Wilson football said was undercutting everything Riverheads has done over the years. I am a Riverheads fan but also a Shenandoah district fan so when it gets to playoff time I cheer for all shenadoah teams just like it’s bowl season I cheer for all acc teams including tech. I would have loved for Lee to win this year and also Wilson it means something to me to see local schools to do well in playoffs

It's hilarious to see two teams that mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of high school football talk trash to one and other.

Keep going guys, this is making me LOL.

6A Westfield has won the state title 3 times in a row. Means absolutely nothing to me in the grand scheme of sports that I care about.

In other words, Riverheads winning state titles (and their rivalries) is JUST as important to their community as winning is to any 6A school.

In fact, you could easily argue that high school sports are more important to small town communities than in huge urban areas.

Reactions: naildriver91
6A Westfield has won the state title 3 times in a row. Means absolutely nothing to me in the grand scheme of sports that I care about.

In other words, Riverheads winning state titles (and their rivalries) is JUST as important to their community as winning is to any 6A school.

In fact, you could easily argue that high school sports are more important to small town communities than in huge urban areas.

Again...in the scheme of high school football....RH means absolutely nothing. Whether you want to believe it or not, it's true.

Kudos to them for winning the 1A State Title in Virginia.

Again...in the scheme of high school football....RH means absolutely nothing. Whether you want to believe it or not, it's true.

Kudos to them for winning the 1A State Title in Virginia.

You are absolutely wrong on this. Any TEAM winning a championship is important to the scheme, and certainly for their area. IMG Academy means the same amount winning a championship as Riverheads or even smaller Bath County in the past.

Exactly how is a Highland Springs championship any more important?

Reactions: uvacavs1
Riverheads football program ranks right up there with any school in the state. They carry more players on their roster than many 2A or 3A teams. My argument is the competition is not as strong for a program like they have. It does not mean what they do year in and year out is not impressive. That cannot be taken away from them by anyone as much as I hate to say it. If someone doesn't step it up in 1A, you are going to see 5 in a row from them. That makes them pretty relevant I would say. If you are from this area, you know who the best coaching staff and program is and it is that way every year. They are a rival school to my team. We are not friendly rivals either. They don't root for us, we don't root for them. That's what makes high school sports special.

I have had a couple different "intelligent" sports people tell me over the last couple years that the Riverheads coaching is highly respected and considered one of the best by football coaching staffs all over the state (at all levels)

Riverheads football program ranks right up there with any school in the state. They carry more players on their roster than many 2A or 3A teams. My argument is the competition is not as strong for a program like they have. It does not mean what they do year in and year out is not impressive. That cannot be taken away from them by anyone as much as I hate to say it. If someone doesn't step it up in 1A, you are going to see 5 in a row from them. That makes them pretty relevant I would say. If you are from this area, you know who the best coaching staff and program is and it is that way every year. They are a rival school to my team. We are not friendly rivals either. They don't root for us, we don't root for them. That's what makes high school sports special.
Your boy won a National Championship @ JMU because they are FCS not FBS !!! Nice job but means nothing !

The main issue (for some at least) is Riverheads needs more teams as well as some that can give them some competition in Region B. It is considered by most to be unfair to other schools who have to battle to advance in more competitive regions.

The lack of competition and schools in Region B are why people get so upset about RH, not that Riverheads has an excellent program and system.

I have a proposal to even out Region A and B and make it bit more competitive. I will post it a bit later for review.

Just read the R E LEE basketball coach was either celebrating or in morning over the football season . I think he was happy for the Red Team but maybe sad that Lee lost . Driving drunk , wrecking your car and going to jail . WOW . Nice way to have the kids look up to you . SAD SAD

The main issue (for some at least) is Riverheads needs more teams as well as some that can give them some competition in Region B. It is considered by most to be unfair to other schools who have to battle to advance in more competitive regions.

The lack of competition and schools in Region B are why people get so upset about RH, not that Riverheads has an excellent program and system.

I have a proposal to even out Region A and B and make it bit more competitive. I will post it a bit later for review.
You are right about region b this year the change for this year not good need to fix but before this year region was the toughest to get out of and normally the state champion came out of since 2000 I think 12 champions came out of region b or former region b teams

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT