ADVERTISEMENT

Region 1C Girls Semis Set

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
REGION IC GIRLS:

Semifinals will be Galax (21-3) vs. Covington (15-11)

Parry McCluer (22-2) vs. George Wythe

Last edited:
Anyone gonna be with 20 of PM in 1C?
Nope. Probably no one in the state tournament will be within 20 either. PM is not extremely talented. They miss a lot of shots close to the basket. They play really tough defense and are physical and have enough horses in 1A to win fairly easily against 1A competition. They play as a team and are coached the right way. I have not seen any other 1A teams that I would consider good. They may be out there, but I haven't seen them. PM will win State Championship number 2 this year and number 3 next year.

Nope. Probably no one in the state tournament will be within 20 either. PM is not extremely talented. They miss a lot of shots close to the basket. They play really tough defense and are physical and have enough horses in 1A to win fairly easily against 1A competition. They play as a team and are coached the right way. I have not seen any other 1A teams that I would consider good. They may be out there, but I haven't seen them. PM will win State Championship number 2 this year and number 3 next year.

Exactly!!

I said the same thing last year when I watched them win the state and saw how young they were. I said this year that the season was a waste.....just give them another trophy and save some time.

Reactions: fightingblues
Wondering why Galax isn’t getting any credit or even a punchers chance. They are 21-3...

They haven’t lost a game since before New Year’s or even had a team give them a scare. They are thin and only play about 6 or 7 girls total but when they are at full strength they are tough to handle.

They own a win over 22-3 4A powerhouse Carroll County, also a 1pt win over Eastside back in a Christmas tournament.

Their 1-2 punch of Brown and Foxx is as good as any 1-2 punch in the state in my opinion.

They are extremely well coached, have great team chemistry, play defense, have 4 of 5 starters can knock down the 3, they pass extremely well and are unselfish.

I don’t know how a game with PM would go or if Galax can get to the final 4. But they will not be an easy out. Friday night could be the first of 2 meetings between Galax and PM in the next 2 weeks.

I’m very interested to see how a possible matchup goes between the 2. Hope Galax can take care of business tonight and we get to see round 1 between those 2 Friday.

Reactions: pizzzzza
I didn't say I was a fan by the way. If someone does beat PM, I will not be unhappy about it but I don't expect it to happen.

I see that they (PM) did lose somewhere along the line, so who got the honors, some 9 or 10A team?

I didn't say I was a fan by the way. If someone does beat PM, I will not be unhappy about it but I don't expect it to happen.

I see that they (PM) did lose somewhere along the line, so who got the honors, some 9 or 10A team?
Floyd beat them in first game of the year at Floyd in OT.
LB beat them at Rock the Ribbon.
They beat Floyd at home by about 20 the second time around. If they played LB a 2nd time, LB would win again. LB's main players are 10th graders so they will be a force to deal with for 2 more years.

Wondering why Galax isn’t getting any credit or even a punchers chance. They are 21-3...

They haven’t lost a game since before New Year’s or even had a team give them a scare. They are thin and only play about 6 or 7 girls total but when they are at full strength they are tough to handle.

They own a win over 22-3 4A powerhouse Carroll County, also a 1pt win over Eastside back in a Christmas tournament.

Their 1-2 punch of Brown and Foxx is as good as any 1-2 punch in the state in my opinion.

They are extremely well coached, have great team chemistry, play defense, have 4 of 5 starters can knock down the 3, they pass extremely well and are unselfish.

I don’t know how a game with PM would go or if Galax can get to the final 4. But they will not be an easy out. Friday night could be the first of 2 meetings between Galax and PM in the next 2 weeks.

I’m very interested to see how a possible matchup goes between the 2. Hope Galax can take care of business tonight and we get to see round 1 between those 2 Friday.
If Galax can shoot well and take care of the ball, they might be the team to give PM fits. I saw GW play and Galax lost to them one time, so I am not convinced that Galax will take down PM. Galax beating Carrol is big though.

Floyd beat PM once, Carroll girls beat floyd by like 20+ 3 times. Galax beat Carroll once and lost close in a game that was tied with 4 minutes left the other time.

Again all of those instances being referred to are from before Christmas. I expect both teams have changed(logic says both for the better) by late February. Hopefully some really well played competitive basketball games coming in the next few weeks.

Eastside and galax rightfully Have been ranked behind PM all year. However, I Would be surprised if neither is even capable of giving PM a competitive game and make them sweat a little on their way to a repeat title if not knock them off in a one game scenario somewhere along the way.

PM lost their Senior center the other night against Rural Retreat. She broke her leg early in the game. That could hurt them some she's a good rebounder and can score. But, we can open the stable and let another horse run.

Reactions: fightingblues
Probably be the first time tonight each will see the other for the first time up close as they play the semi’s tongiht as same location. Maybe some fans who watch both games can break it down more after tongiht. Can’t count out GW or Covington. Anything can happen in a one game win or go home this time of year.

PM lost their Senior center the other night against Rural Retreat. She broke her leg early in the game. That could hurt them some she's a good rebounder and can score. But, we can open the stable and let another horse run.

Wow - I didn't now that - that's horrible - and to happen in her senior year on top of that!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT