ADVERTISEMENT

Region 1B GIRLS

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Final #2 Buffalo Gap 64 #7 Surry County 22.
Girls basketball Region 1B quarterfinals

Halftime Buffalo Gap 40, Surry County 3 in Region 1B girls basketball quarterfinals.

Surry trailed 36-0 before making a field goal with 3:30 left in 2Q.

Kayleigh Hemp led the team with 13pts. Hannah Coffman and Bailey Talley each added 12.

The ladies will face #3 Rappahannock County Wednesday at home 6p.

Last edited:
NNK SPORTSCENTER
@NNKSPORTSCENTER

Final in VHSL Girls Class 1 Region B Quarterfinals 2/19

1. Brunswick 66
8. Franklin 28

4. William Campbell 45
5. Cumberland 24

2. Buffalo gap 64
7. Surry county 22

3. Rappahannock county 74
6. Altavista 9

(A BIG THANKS to NNK Sportscenter for making it a LOT easier to find Region 1 scores!)

FINAL: #2 Buffalo Gap 45 #3 Rappahannock County 35.

The Bison are moving on to the Region 1B title game and have punched their ticket to the Class 1 state tournament.

Championship

Final Buffalo Gap 60, Brunswick 40. Bison win Region 1B girls championship

Avery Bradley lead the team in points with 13, Karah Richie had 12, Kayleigh Hemp & Bailey Talley both had 10.

Last edited:
Championship

Final Buffalo Gap 60, Brunswick 40. Bison win Region 1B girls championship
Buffalo Gap will represent A/B in the state championship. BG, Honaker, GW and a few others play a brand of basketball that teams in the Eastern part of the state can't handle. In my opinion, Rappahannock County, who BG beat in the regional semifinals was the 2nd best team between Regions A and B

Buffalo Gap will represent A/B in the state championship. BG, Honaker, GW and a few others play a brand of basketball that teams in the Eastern part of the state can't handle. In my opinion, Rappahannock County, who BG beat in the regional semifinals was the 2nd best team between Regions A and B
Eastern part can't handle huh!? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: kwhs95fan
That game was hard to watch the last few minutes.

LOTS of Missed Fts and shots...turnovers......

But Brunswick held on!

Reactions: easymoney81
Just messing with ya. But nah you right, usually it is though for whatever reason. But we knew there was no way Buffalo Gap a 20 point better team than Brunswick though.
I watched the Brunswick and Essex game the other night and Brunswick has a good little point guard who is lightning quick and another girl who was hard to stop on the inside

I watched the Brunswick and Essex game the other night and Brunswick has a good little point guard who is lightning quick and another girl who was hard to stop on the inside
That's an incredibly accurate description of what I watched tonight.

Gap had their chances - so many missed Fts in the 4th Q

But Brunswick missed their share too, as well as turning the ball over.

Heart stopping game to watch!

Reactions: easymoney81
Yeah #3 and #52. They are bread and butter. If one don't hurt you the other will. #3 is real smooth with the ball

Reactions: kwhs95fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT