ADVERTISEMENT

Region 2B

It's a real toss-up. The Region is literally the Bull Run district + Buckingham and Stuarts Draft. All of the top four teams in the Bull Run (Clarke, Madison, Strasburg, East Rock) have beaten each other, so real potential for some chaos. The real unknown is Buckingham cause they are so far from 81 and the rest of the region and doesn't play anyone similar, but they are 16-5.

Personally, I would say Madison and Buckingham are the top two for me right now, and then Clarke and East Rock right behind. Strasburg is next and then I think Central Woodstock could (but probably won't) upset one or two of the above teams.

Reactions: ONEFAN1
It's a real toss-up. The Region is literally the Bull Run district + Buckingham and Stuarts Draft. All of the top four teams in the Bull Run (Clarke, Madison, Strasburg, East Rock) have beaten each other, so real potential for some chaos. The real unknown is Buckingham cause they are so far from 81 and the rest of the region and doesn't play anyone similar, but they are 16-5.

Personally, I would say Madison and Buckingham are the top two for me right now, and then Clarke and East Rock right behind. Strasburg is next and then I think Central Woodstock could (but probably won't) upset one or two of the above teams.
Don’t think SD a factor based on what I’ve seen on NHS

BOYS
8 Page at 1 Clarke
5 East Rock at 4 Strasburg
6 Central at 3 Buckingham
7 Stuarts Draft at 2 Madison County

Clarke County gets a 61-49 Region 2B qtrs win over Page County. Advance to Thursday's semis

Reactions: EPJr
Boys Basketball in the Region 2B Quarterfinals, Halftime: Central 26 Buckingham County 15

Boys Basketball in the Region 2B Quarterfinals, End 3Q: Central 35 Buckingham County 26

Sorry forgot to post the final scores:

Central boys basketball completes the Region 2B Quarterfinals sweep at Buckingham County with a 51-42 win - Jake Boyce led the Falcons with 16 points, and Elijah Barahona had 12 Luke Williams and Zach Cooper both had 8 points - Boys will next be at Madison County on Thursday at 7:00

FINAL: The Strasburg Rams hang on to defeat the East Rock Eagles 45-41 to advance to the Region 2B semifinals - Boys will travel to Clarke Co Thursday at 6:30 pm

Madison moves on to the regional semifinal Thursday night. Tonight the mountaineers defeated Stuarts Draft 67-49.
@brycebreeden10
22 pts
@SethMclearen2
19 pts Billy Acton 15 pts

Strasburg and Clarke should be another good game. The 3 times they have played each other they have been good games. First Game the Rams won 46-42, Game 2 the Eagles won 35-32, 3rd game the Rams won 54-39. Seeding wise it would be a upset if the Rams win tonight. It should be a hard fought game as always. The Rams defense will be key in this one as they are playing really well on defense right now. Clarke has guys that can score from anywhere on the floor. The Rams big 3 Conrad, Carter and Roller have to all play well along with Coates.

Does Central have enough to upset Madison County to set up a Region B title game between the Rams and Falcons just like football season if the Rams win or will both higher seeds defend home court. Central has had trouble scoring in quite a few games this season they will have to score in bunches to keep pace with Madison.

Reactions: ONEFAN1
Boys Basketball in the Region 2B Semifinals, End 1Q: Central 10 Madison County 15

Boys Basketball in the Region 2B Semifinals, Halftime: Central 23 Madison County 28 The Mountaineers hit a long three-pointer at the buzzer.

I can never remember Emmart deploying that strategy in all his years coaching. It could have worked

Boys Basketball in the Region 2B Semifinals, End 3Q: Central 38 Madison County 37 Mountaineers with another long three-pointer just before the horn.

Madison County started the fourth quarter on an 11-0. It’s 48-40 Mountaineers with 3:50 to play.

Falcons not going down without a fight. 50-46 Madison County with 1:46 to play

that's about right
isn't that the last time
they went to the states?
They won back to back titles in like 06 and 07 or 07 and 08, I believe. They had a kid named Chandler Rhoads, who could shoot the heck out of the ball. I want to say he played college ball at Air Force, but I might be wrong on that

I feel sorry for the runner up in the Region. They get to go to Richmond and play the number 1 team in the country in the state quarters. That game will not ne close at all John Marshall we win by 50 if not more over either team. The winner has no easy task either with Brunswick

I think that is a conservative estimate for margin of victory. If Skyline beat Clarke by 40, John Marshall could beat whoever they face in this game by any number imaginable.

I think that is a conservative estimate for margin of victory. If Skyline beat Clarke by 40, John Marshall could beat whoever they face in this game by any number imaginable.
That is very true for me 50 is a minimum. I truly believe that JM could more than likely win it all at any class above 2A they look that good.

John Marshall can pick the score over Madison and Strasburg. I’m guessing something like 101-42, with a decent portion of the 2B teams points in the last couple of minutes. Damn you, Justices!

They won back to back titles in like 06 and 07 or 07 and 08, I believe. They had a kid named Chandler Rhoads, who could shoot the heck out of the ball. I want to say he played college ball at Air Force, but I might be wrong on that
thanks I was there but the exact years are fuzzy

Last edited:
Reactions: kwhs95fan
I feel sorry for the runner up in the Region. They get to go to Richmond and play the number 1 team in the country in the state quarters. That game will not ne close at all John Marshall we win by 50 if not more over either team. The winner has no easy task either with Brunswick
You can substitute any other Class 2 team in Virginia for the runner up in Region B playing at John Marshall and the same result would occur.

You can substitute any other Class 2 team in Virginia for the runner up in Region B playing at John Marshall and the same result would occur.
tell you what
Brunswick is giving them a game tonight

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT