ADVERTISEMENT

Region 3B

Yeah, when one of the teams making the playoffs does not even have a team, that can't be good.

Reactions: OCBoy
Manassas Park is currently in 8th place. They disbanded before game 1.

A reporter from a local paper pointed out that they have Brentsville's points wrong anyway, so this looks like somebody at the VHSL's very rough draft.

A reporter from a local paper pointed out that they have Brentsville's points wrong anyway, so this looks like somebody at the VHSL's very rough draft.
over on the Class 6 Board the folks pointed out several mistakes

There were a few mistakes...they'll get sorted out for the next round of them. Also, Manassas Park is ineligible for the playoffs but they have to be included because of the schools that are counting the MP game as a forfeit W.

Hate to crack on 3B...because the kids are working hard. Culpeper seems to be the favorite this year, but it'll be some competitive football down the stretch. All those Northwestern District teams face off, so the power points will shake up for sure.

Warren County keeps losing close games in the final seconds. They are much better than their record and current power point standings.

There were a few mistakes...they'll get sorted out for the next round of them. Also, Manassas Park is ineligible for the playoffs but they have to be included because of the schools that are counting the MP game as a forfeit W.

Hate to crack on 3B...because the kids are working hard. Culpeper seems to be the favorite this year, but it'll be some competitive football down the stretch. All those Northwestern District teams face off, so the power points will shake up for sure.
Culpeper plays one of the toughest schedules in 3A. They could go 5-5 and still probably be the 1 seed in region B.

Culpeper plays one of the toughest schedules in 3A. They could go 5-5 and still probably be the 1 seed in region B.

I went to look at the schedule since you said that
and was looking for Class 6, Class 5 and Class 4 power houses and could not find them
so what makes that schedule the "toughest" in Class 3?

and was looking for Class 6, Class 5 and Class 4 power houses and could not find them
Let me clarify. I should of said in the Fredericksburg area. Last year the free lance star posted a story about schedules and Culpeper was #1 on that list for toughest schedule in that area. That’s where I got that from.

I would say they play a very tough OOD schedule for the region they're in (3B). EV is a highly rated 4, KR is a highly rated 4, Liberty isn't highly rated but it's a decent 4 to play out of district if you're a 3. Orange is a 5, not highly rated, but still a good OOD game if you're a 3. This should help them with power points....especially in 3B.

I would say they play a very tough OOD schedule for the region they're in (3B). EV is a highly rated 4, KR is a highly rated 4, Liberty isn't highly rated but it's a decent 4 to play out of district if you're a 3. Orange is a 5, not highly rated, but still a good OOD game if you're a 3. This should help them with power points....especially in 3B.
you do know that the four Richmond schools play in districts of mostly Class 5s with a couple of 4s

you do know that the four Richmond schools play in districts of mostly Class 5s with a couple of 4s
And that’s exactly how TJ got the one seed last year. It could very well happen again but we were just pointing out Culpeper’s schedule as being tough compared to “most” others in 3B.

Well...I don't think Armstrong/George Wythe/John Marshall are gonna get much credence. They could schedule Highland Springs 3 times and it's not going to matter. TJ was in the same category until last year. Maybe the new coach has got them in the right direction? That remains to be seen.

Well...I don't think Armstrong/George Wythe/John Marshall are gonna get much credence. They could schedule Highland Springs 3 times and it's not going to matter. TJ was in the same category until last year. Maybe the new coach has got them in the right direction? That remains to be seen.
hello
the subject is who had the toughest schedule
scroll back up

VHSL Regions later today, awaiting a revision from league office due to incorrect reported score affecting both #5B and #3B standings.

REGION 3B (Top 8 make playoffs) (edited)
1) Culpeper Co. (3-3): 21.000
2) Spotsylvania (3-3): 20.333
3) Thomas Jefferson (3-3): 18.667
4) Brentsville District (3-4): 18.143
5) James Monroe (2-4): 17.333
6) John Marshall (2-4): 17.000
7) Skyline (2-5): 15.857
8) Armstrong (1-5): 15.833
---
9) George Wythe (0-6): 14.500
10) William Monroe (1-5): 13.667
11) Warren County (0-6): 13.167

(Note: Manassas Park is listed as 0-1 with 17.000 points, but are not fielding a team in 2018)

If the playoffs started this week

Culpeper vs Armstrong
Brentville vs James Monroe

Spotsylvania vs Skyline
TJHS vs JMHS

Last edited:
A one win team is not leading the region. They might want to take paper and pencil to that one again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT