ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4C Championship - Sherando (10-1) at Woodgrove (8-2)

Well good, I am glad you said that, since you believe they were best team in 4a before the injuries then it is NOT on your coach. Cant blame him, it is based on missing key players.
Listen brother , I wasnt the one who started throwing the coach under the bus ! I never said anything like it ! know Mr Hall very well , and have the upmost respect for him. And I know what he does all year long, and who ever thinks a coaching change needs to be made is a moron. So stop throwing my name under the bus and insinuating that I have a beef with the administration. , this loss is all on the players that were left on the field for not showing up. They can live with that for a while, and tell there kids how great they were in the regular season.

Listen brother , I wasnt the one who started throwing the coach under the bus ! I never said anything like it ! know Mr Hall very well , and have the upmost respect for him. And I know what he does all year long, and who ever thinks a coaching change needs to be made is a moron. So stop throwing my name under the bus and insinuating that I have a beef with the administration. , this loss is all on the players that were left on the field for not showing up. They can live with that for a while, and tell there kids how great they were in the regular season.

Nobody said you started that. Just pointing out that IF they were the best team in 4a before the injuries like you claim, then coaching isnt to blame on the loss like people wanted to claim.

I'm glad you weren't talking about the coach, but for those who were, and who thought and said how good Sherando was before the injuries, then those people are contradicting themselves. Never met the coach, but his record speaks for itself, and these people who come on a message board and talk about their coaches after a loss (or even wins when they weren't by enough in their minds) should be ashamed. I'll bet anything those guys want that they couldn't step in those shoes and do as good a job, but they THINK they know more

Reactions: Smallfry2015
sherando was all that and a can of soup, and I have been around for 35 years. Most talented team I have seen on Offense in a while. sherando defense in 2013 was better but the point is Sherando has never been deep and losing just the top two or three players , especially the QB was a devastating blow . Those things happen ,
That was the major issue with this team. The main starters have talent but they weren't deep in backup talent. That makes it tough when trying to make a deep run because there will be injuries at some point.

That was the major issue with this team. The main starters have talent but they weren't deep in backup talent. That makes it tough when trying to make a deep run because there will be injuries at some point.

Thats on the coach. When your up 35 pts at half - why are any starters ever in the game. I was at multiple games this year where the starters were in to start the 3rd, when a game was clearly in hand. Obviously it was for stats. If stats are more important than playing time for backups, lack of depth is what you get.

Thats on the coach. When your up 35 pts at half - why are any starters ever in the game. I was at multiple games this year where the starters were in to start the 3rd, when a game was clearly in hand. Obviously it was for stats. If stats are more important than playing time for backups, lack of depth is what you get.
Getting 2’s and 3’s reps doesn’t equate to good depth. Just playing time. Not to mention subbing vs another teams 1s with yours 2s/3s usually ends up being a mess with not a whole lot of success for the team subbing. Actual talent creates good depth in any sport. I don’t know many schools that don’t give their starters a series each in the 3rd before subbing out unless that team is up 40/50. Thats common practice in the 3rd for schools. Always a fine line on how to keep kids in during the 3rd qtr or so.

Now I am done.
Ahh , stuff happens , injuries happen, and even a die hard Warrior fan like me has had to learn the hard way not to bank on the team you think is the most talented to get to the promise land . Sherando has never been deep. Lots of two way players every year. Big Lesson learned for me I guess. Never count on talent , better count more on heart . I am losing my energy and excitement for local high school football. I get more excited about golf and a Hunting now days. I can control my own destiny that way , and I never let myself down haha...

Now I am done.

Ahh , stuff happens , injuries happen, and even a die hard Warrior fan like me has had to learn the hard way not to bank on the team you think is the most talented to get to the promise land . Sherando has never been deep. Lots of two way players every year. Big Lesson learned for me I guess. Never count on talent , better count more on heart . I am losing my energy and excitement for local high school football. I get more excited about golf and a Hunting now days. I can control my own destiny that way , and I never let myself down haha...
Ummmmmmmm ross years they went deep

I think he meant deep in talent, not deep as in playoff run. Like 2nd string close in talent to first string.

Reactions: aw19752
I hope @Smallfry2015 doesn't leave. His insight about Sherando is second-to-none on this board, and even though his opinions can be divisive at times it'd be considerably more boring without him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT