ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4C Championship - Sherando (10-1) at Woodgrove (8-2)

Have to feel bad for those Sherando players. Coach Hall did not prepare the team at all for this game. You can predict almost every play Coach Hall is going to run, in addition to that, the defense is performing the way I predicted. Woodgrove is making the catches they should and for some reason Sherando playing without a high safety and corners are playing off the ball.

Playing without Doleman, Entsminger, and Washington (in the 1st) has massively limited the offense, but the team as a whole looks lost. Unless they come out with fire in the second half this one is over.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
Have to feel bad for those Sherando players. Coach Hall did not prepare the team at all for this game.

BS statement. How do you prepare for injuries and kids making bad choices?

Plus give credit to Woodgrove, they are a pretty legit opponent for the Warriors.

Reactions: aw19752
Woodgrove 265-111 yard edge at half.

Sherando led by Chacai Campbell 9 rush, 47 yards, 3-6 for 36 yards. TJ Washington 7 carries, 17 yards.

Graham Walker 8-12 for 157 yards, 2 TDs, 6 carries, 56 yards, TD

Region 4C
1f3c8.png
championship:

Woodgrove 20, #Sherando 3, 3:52 3rd quarter. WG stops Washington 1 yard short of 1st down on 4th and 5 from Woodgrove 7

1) I feel bad for the rest of the team, but I don’t feel bad for Doleman or Washington. I have no idea what was done, but I would very much guess this was disciplnary action. We all reap what we sew.

2) Can’t blame Hall for kids doing foolish things or for injuries.

3) In no way am I laughing at Sherando. They’re kids and a good program.

4) I’m absolutely laughing at Small Fry. Not as in a haughty, we’re better than you kind of way- we clearly lost last week. You don’t get to make comments like “Sherando could lose 5 starters and Woodgrove would still have a challenge beating Sherando” and not have to eat crow.

5) Y’all gotta start giving Sherando’s opponents some credit. Yes, Sherando was down some weapons, but Woodgrove clearly made plays and had a good plan. It’s not all Hall’s fault. Give them some credit.

Good game Woodgrove! Best of luck against Blacksburg/Glass next week. Represent Region C well.

I think we would’ve kept it closer with Entsminger, Doleman, and Washington playing the whole game since we had a couple uncharacteristic fumbles when we were close to scoring. That said, I think Woodgrove would’ve still won in the end. Too big for us to handle.

Sherando will be back next year. We lose a lot but also bring back some solid players.

1) I feel bad for the rest of the team, but I don’t feel bad for Doleman or Washington. I have no idea what was done, but I would very much guess this was disciplnary action. We all reap what we sew.

2) Can’t blame Hall for kids doing foolish things or for injuries.

3) In no way am I laughing at Sherando. They’re kids and a good program.

4) I’m absolutely laughing at Small Fry. Not as in a haughty, we’re better than you kind of way- we clearly lost last week. You don’t get to make comments like “Sherando could lose 5 starters and Woodgrove would still have a challenge beating Sherando” and not have to eat crow.

5) Y’all gotta start giving Sherando’s opponents some credit. Yes, Sherando was down some weapons, but Woodgrove clearly made plays and had a good plan. It’s not all Hall’s fault. Give them some credit.
I completely agree with everything you said. I knew Sherando had some weaknesses, hence why I dispelled the “Sherando is the best team in 4A” claim. It’s honestly unfortunate how the end turned out. I think the game would’ve been much more competitive had Entsminger not gotten injured. Woodgrove had some great plays though, and they deserved the win. I’m hoping Woodgrove can represent the West this year, but I have concerns. I also must say that KR is still the best defense I’ve seen this year. Best of luck to all of the teams still in the hunt. Hoping for health for each team and a great state final!

Reactions: Shruikan
I’m not blaming Hall for the kids who didn’t play. I’m talking about the preparation or lack there of.

We have seen throughout the year they have struggled to finish tackles, pass defense needed work, and offensively they fail to address the blitz.

In this game, those were all still issues. I’m not taking anything away from Woodgrove, as I’ve said before, a good team (coach) will see the opponents weaknesses and exploit them. They executed a heck of a game plan and Sherando didn’t even formulate one. It looked like they relied on TJ to try and make an explosive play and rarely looked at Mazza, or Hall Jr.

At the end of the day I feel like Hall didn’t have a plan where the kids could have been successful. No high safety when you’re used to getting beat deep and playing your corners off.

Sherando doesn’t have an issue getting quality players and the back ups today were good players. I honestly think it’s time for a new coaching direction. A Salem coach would do wonders with the athletes a Sherando team is given. Hall is complacent being NWD champs and running the mill in Frederick County.

I’m not blaming Hall for the kids who didn’t play. I’m talking about the preparation or lack there of.

We have seen throughout the year they have struggled to finish tackles, pass defense needed work, and offensively they fail to address the blitz.

In this game, those were all still issues. I’m not taking anything away from Woodgrove, as I’ve said before, a good team (coach) will see the opponents weaknesses and exploit them. They executed a heck of a game plan and Sherando didn’t even formulate one. It looked like they relied on TJ to try and make an explosive play and rarely looked at Mazza, or Hall Jr.

At the end of the day I feel like Hall didn’t have a plan where the kids could have been successful. No high safety when you’re used to getting beat deep and playing your corners off.

Sherando doesn’t have an issue getting quality players and the back ups today were good players. I honestly think it’s time for a new coaching direction. A Salem coach would do wonders with the athletes a Sherando team is given. Hall is complacent being NWD champs and running the mill in Frederick County.

That’s a bold statement

Reactions: OCBoy
I honestly think it’s time for a new coaching direction. A Salem coach would do wonders with the athletes a Sherando team is given. Hall is complacent being NWD champs and running the mill in Frederick County.

Sounds like you have all the answers, so call Sherando's AD and setup the meeting!

Not as bold as the way Sherando fans have acted. They declared themselves champions weeks ago. Once again they racked up wins against inferior opponents and got blown out by a good team.

Come on man, most of us said we were big underdogs coming into this game even before anyone knew about several of our best players being out, and I’ve personally said Woodgrove was heavily underrated since before week 1.

Kettle Run is in no way a bad team, neither is Millbrook. A fully healthy Sherando team gave Martinsburg a game and no one else has in years. As for our schedule, we’ve played more good teams in the regular season outside of our district over the past few years than most teams in 4A.

If you want to hate on Sherando after a loss against a really good team that’s fine, but don’t make up narratives about all of our fans declaring ourselves champions weeks before the end of the season. You’re better than that.

I posted on thread below but Sherando couldn’t handle Woodgrove up front on either side of ball. Not even a little. Sherando LB’s couldn’t tackle their QB in the empty set. Woodgrove threw stop route after stop route and then would go up top on an inside seam route. Sherando played off with a single high safety but just struggled
Woodgrove played with no safety over top snd made life miserable for Sherando. Once Washington came in he wasn’t able to make any splash plays either. Very unfortunate that kid(s) didn’t do the right thing and certainly unfortunate about the injuries but regardless, I don’t think Sherando could block Woodgrove. I don’t think it is fair to bash any coach ever and especially one that had to discipline kids and dealt with what they had to this week.
Good luck to Woodgrove next week.

Come on man, most of us said we were big underdogs coming into this game even before anyone knew about several of our best players being out, and I’ve personally said Woodgrove was heavily underrated since before week 1.

Kettle Run is in no way a bad team, neither is Millbrook. A fully healthy Sherando team gave Martinsburg a game and no one else has in years. As for our schedule, we’ve played more good teams in the regular season outside of our district over the past few years than most teams in 4A.

If you want to hate on Sherando after a loss against a really good team that’s fine, but don’t make up narratives about all of our fans declaring ourselves champions weeks before the end of the season. You’re better than that.

Sherando could lose 5 starters and Woodgrove would still be challenged to beat them....those were a Sherando fans words.

I don’t see what is wrong with that statement . Woodgrove has to show up today to beat Sherando. Sherando would have had to play lights out to win today. Woodgrove did the job and were challenged throughout the game, and Sherando didn’t make plays when the opportunities were there. Congrats to them . Best of luck in the Semis!

Reactions: Tom Potter
I don’t see what is wrong with that statement . Woodgrove has to show up today to beat Sherando. Sherando would have had to play lights out to win today. Woodgrove did the job and were challenged throughout the game, and Sherando didn’t make plays when the opportunities were there. Congrats to them . Best of luck in the Semis!

Backup QB overthrew #3 on at least 3 long balls.
If they connect, much closer ball game.

Don’t be
Didn’t realize one person represents the entire fan base. It’s a good thing I don’t look at people the same way, I’ve come across some bad nuts but also a lot of good people.
Geesh I said out all your money on Woodgrove today, Sherando was at 50 to 60 percent at best . And I don’t represent all the fans at Sherando . But I was the only Sherando fan in this board for many years before any of you ever started posting . You experts can have the reigns from now on. And to the person who insinuated that Jojo Doleman had a disciplinary problem. He is injured .

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Not a supporter of either team but decided to check this one out as I live in the area. Woodgrove took advantage of their big WRs in the passing game which was the difference. Woodgrove has a good QB - I have been impressed with him all year. Woodgrove does a great job of utilizing his abilities - power run game with QB reads mixed in. Teams are forced to stack the box to account for the QB in the run game or Woodgrove will kill you with the run. That leaves 1 on 1 opportunities for the big WRs.

Sherando moved the ball throughout the game and I thought the backup QB did a phenomenal for being put in a pressure situation in a big game. Sherando hurt themselves with a costly turnover early, penalties, and missed a few deep ball opportunities.

Hard for me to understand how anyone comes on these boards to tear down the athletesaand criticize the coaches. All of them work extremely hard and put in countless hours for a game they love. As VerizonSports pointed out - programs across the state are always looking for coaches and so instead of typing out your citicisms on a public forum - roll up your sleeves and get out there and coach. It's easy to have all the answers up in the stands - it's hard to get out there and grind day in and day out.

Most of the posters on here are great and offer great insight and keep things positive! I'm just glad those athletes and coaches work year round so guys like me have a reason to skip black friday shopping and have an opportunity to see some great football!

Have to feel bad for those Sherando players. Coach Hall did not prepare the team at all for this game. You can predict almost every play Coach Hall is going to run, in addition to that, the defense is performing the way I predicted. Woodgrove is making the catches they should and for some reason Sherando playing without a high safety and corners are playing off the ball.
Not saying I agree or disagree with your statement but it's funny a team makes it to the regional finals and now the head coach forgot how to coach.

Reactions: BullRunFootball
Not as bold as the way Sherando fans have acted. They declared themselves champions weeks ago. Once again they racked up wins against inferior opponents and got blown out by a good team.
But fans aren't the coaches or players...so it's unfair to bundle them all together.

Strong statements...I'm assuming maybe you have a kid on the team. These sound like comments from a disgruntled parent.

Wasn't Martinsburg missing their best player? A D-1 caliber player? So they weren't at full strength...

Sherando is a good program but trying to replace a 3yr QB and RB (for 1st qtr) is tough. Also a 4 year FB/LB had to be replaced. They weren't deep in talent as much as you may have thought in those positions this year.

Sherando is a good program but trying to replace a 3yr QB and RB (for 1st qtr) is tough. Also a 4 year FB/LB had to be replaced. They weren't deep in talent as much as you may have thought in those positions this year.

My son told.me that 7-8 players were going both ways today for Sherando?

Has that been the case most of year or did recent injuries bring that about?

Well I think there was obviously some disciplinary actions taken against the starting running back. That would probably be why he was mad. Especially if Doleman’s was an injury. Either way credit to Sherando for putting be willing to sit a star player in a big game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT