ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4C Championship - Sherando (10-1) at Woodgrove (8-2)

I was told, and this may or may not be correct, Doleman had some sort of fracture in his back and that’s why he wasn’t dressed out, Entsminger had that knee injury and didn’t dress out, Washington was being reprimanded by the coach for skipping many practices throughout the season.

My heart goes out to those kids who missed because of injury. I know what it’s like to miss games because of injury. I can’t imagine missing a championship game.

That Washington kid has a ton of talent. I hope he doesn’t hurt his chances at the next level.

I was told, and this may or may not be correct, Doleman had some sort of fracture in his back and that’s why he wasn’t dressed out, Entsminger had that knee injury and didn’t dress out, Washington was being reprimanded by the coach for skipping many practices throughout the season.

Well, if that’s the case, I do feel bad for Doleman. If he really was hurt, that had to have been hard for him to watch his team.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
Very weird that in the postgame interview for newspaper, Coach would not comment on why Doleman did not play.

Reactions: GoKRCougs
Very weird that in the postgame interview for newspaper, Coach would not comment on why Doleman did not play.

Yeah, not that I’m calling anyone a liar, but I still feel like some things don’t add up. I feel like Hall would have at least said JoJo was banged up. That would have sufficed and no one would have argued. But for him to be out the whole game and then Malachi (who I assume is of some relation) to also be out a quarter and it not just be Washington? Yeah...

Well I think there was obviously some disciplinary actions taken against the starting running back. That would probably be why he was mad. Especially if Doleman’s was an injury. Either way credit to Sherando for putting be willing to sit a star player in a big game.
Amen. Doleman was battling back problems. Could not play. I was at the game, watched the "Disciplinary action" players, especially 22. He may be one of the stars, but he sure walked slowly back to the huddle, didn't stretch with the rest of the team before the 3rd quarter, and spent a lot of alone time on the sideline away from the team. Kudos to coach Hall. Nobody is above the team.

Sorry about that.

Someone misplaced the only roll up door key we had after the last game....:(

We are gonna need to find the key or get a locksmith to come out.

We were blessed with a parent who really invested a lot of time in our concessions efforts the first five years the school was open.

We have not been able to get a parent or grandparent to replace that parent since they left.

I'm sure at some point this year all of the local programs had to sit a kid for various reasons. Unfortunately this is magnified because it was the playoffs coupled with a lost. No need to call players out by names unless you haven't made bad decisions in your life before.

Reactions: FootballArmy
Amen. Doleman was battling back problems. Could not play. I was at the game, watched the "Disciplinary action" players, especially 22. He may be one of the stars, but he sure walked slowly back to the huddle, didn't stretch with the rest of the team before the 3rd quarter, and spent a lot of alone time on the sideline away from the team. Kudos to coach Hall. Nobody is above the team.

Yeah. That young man was definitely not putting off a positive attitude on or off the field. I hope it does not effect his chances for college opportunities.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
Sorry about that.

Someone misplaced the only roll up door key we had after the last game....:(

We are gonna need to find the key or get a locksmith to come out.

We were blessed with a parent who really invested a lot of time in our concessions efforts the first five years the school was open.

We have not been able to get a parent or grandparent to replace that parent since they left.
Which endzone were you running the cameras in, Tom? I wanted to say hi, but I was so dang cold I don't think I could have made it to my car. I have a good buddy who is a locksmith in Winchester. Lemme know!

North endzone.

Endzone on opposite side of Scoreboard.

Yeah, that windchill really made it miserable for everyone in the 3rd & 4th Quarters!
I'll remember that next time I head out to Woodgrove for a game. Nice stadium, love the pizza for concessions! Vocelli's is the bomb! I made the mistake of sitting at the top of the Sherando side, closest to the scoreboard. Everybody probably made fun of the guy with the Clarke County sweatshirt on blocking the wind for folks!

Reactions: Tom Potter
I'll remember that next time I head out to Woodgrove for a game. Nice stadium, love the pizza for concessions! Vocelli's is the bomb! I made the mistake of sitting at the top of the Sherando side, closest to the scoreboard. Everybody probably made fun of the guy with the Clarke County sweatshirt on blocking the wind for folks!

Yeah we get some chilly winds blowing thru our stadium year round!

Smart folks sit against our pressbox anytime the wind is blowing regardless of which team they are supporting!!!

We are blessed with beautiful sunsets though!!!

I am glad you could make the game!

Coach Hall doesn’t talk about injuries or discipline issues with anyone except within the team. And especially the Press.

Bottomline, a team has do have discipline.

Coach Hall's responsibility is to his players, parents & school administrators. The press can pound sand.

No "i" in team is one of the best wise sayings where H.S. athletics, and life in general, are concerned.

Reactions: Smallfry2015
Both of those comments are idiotic. I understand when games are still left being coy about injuries. But when seasons and careers are over, not saying "it was his back" is just being a jerk to the press. Period.

Both of those comments are idiotic. I understand when games are still left being coy about injuries. But when seasons and careers are over, not saying "it was his back" is just being a jerk to the press. Period.

No it isn't in my opinion. Why does the press NEED to know his business? And though it may be extremely unlikely, what if divulging it costs him an opportunity in the future?

In my opinion, this need to know everything is how times have changed, whether you agree with it or not, whether you are 15 or 60, a lot of times now people feel they are entitled to a lot more information than used to, this is just one example. Want another one? I'll bet 25 years ago there weren't people asking players about to be drafted if they were gay, if there mother was a prostitute, etc.

Reactions: NoVa Cain
I have been a coach, and I have been the press. The press are doing their job. You make their job hard, they can make your job hard.

And you were not even in this conversation, and you jump in hard with comments that have nothing to do with that one specific question.

And you were not even in this conversation, and you jump in hard with comments that have nothing to do with that one specific question.

If you are meaning me, yes the comments do have to do with the question. "Not saying, it was his back, is being a jerk to the press"

And obviously you seem to think with that comment that whoever wants to know deserves to know.

As for the coach at Sherando, with their track record in my opinion they wouldn't be smart getting rid of him. But again, as I have said in other threads, a lot of fans think when their teams have success year in and year out that they are better than what they are. It's always someone else's fault, it's never the other team was better.

If you are meaning me, yes the comments do have to do with the question. "Not saying, it was his back, is being a jerk to the press"

And obviously you seem to think with that comment that whoever wants to know deserves to know.

As for the coach at Sherando, with their track record in my opinion they wouldn't be smart getting rid of him. But again, as I have said in other threads, a lot of fans think when their teams have success year in and year out that they are better than what they are. It's always someone else's fault, it's never the other team was better.
sherando was all that and a can of soup, and I have been around for 35 years. Most talented team I have seen on Offense in a while. sherando defense in 2013 was better but the point is Sherando has never been deep and losing just the top two or three players , especially the QB was a devastating blow . Those things happen ,

Reactions: Tom Potter
A lot of times coaches do not discuss injuries/discipline because it detracts from the guys who were actually playing in the game. It can also be seen as diminishing the accomplishment(s) of your opponent. Coaches most of the time prefer to stick to talking about what transpired on the field - not all of the circumstances surrounding the game that did not play out on the field.

Ok... here we go... A coaching change? After 140+ wins, ZERO losing seasons in 20 years, that makes total sense to me... NOT! No one, not even Smallfry, knows what goes on in Coach Hall's office. I don't care if a parent said something or had an opinion, they don't know everything either and anyone who knows Hall, knows he would NEVER speak to anyone outside his staff. Entsminger was out after the KR game because of the knee injury that developed during the Martinsburg game. JoJo Doleman had a lower back injury after the KR game and was unable to go. He tried to practice, but struggled and they shut him down. Malachi Doleman and TJ Washington missed practice and were benched for the 1st qtr. trailing 13-0 at that point. Nothing more needs to be said... The press does not need to know the reasons, it was an in-house decision. The game turned out to be less than expected with back-ups working in key spots. Campbell, as tough as he us, was put in a tough spot for the region championship. Is that hard to imagine? Woodgrove is solid ballclub that is well coached and they played their tails off. They made key plays, and put pressure on Sherando who couldn't respond. Good luck to them as they take on Blacksburg.

Last edited:
I have played for Hall. He’s a class act and great coach. It’s a tough loss for a team that had potential to go further. Things happen nothing always goes as expected. Doesn’t change the fact that Hall has made that program what it is and Sherando is lucky to have him.

sherando was all that and a can of soup, and I have been around for 35 years. Most talented team I have seen on Offense in a while. sherando defense in 2013 was better but the point is Sherando has never been deep and losing just the top two or three players , especially the QB was a devastating blow . Those things happen ,

So you are saying with those players that they beat Woodgrove, then Blacksburg, then LT or EV?

The negative talk about Hall is absurd to say the least. He’s guilty........of being successful. Just like many other programs who are very very successful but might not have the ultimate “ring”. There are too few good programs in and around the state and the ones that are good have fan bases that get a bit spoiled. It’s natural to an extent and I get it. Heck-just imagine being a fan base of schools who fight their tails off to win 3 games year in and year out (for whatever reasons). Way way more of those schools than the ones popping off 7-10 win seasons every single year. There are “flash in the pan years” for some schools but signs of legit programs are successful year and year out even when the talent pool isn’t there. It bothers me to no end when programs/coaches are judged on state titles. Absolutely ridiculous to be honest and I’m willing to bet a paycheck that there are a TON of schools that would switch places with a winning program in a heartbeat.

I have played for Hall. He’s a class act and great coach. It’s a tough loss for a team that had potential to go further. Things happen nothing always goes as expected. Doesn’t change the fact that Hall has made that program what it is and Sherando is lucky to have him.
I don’t disagree one bit as I’m very happy for Coach Hall. Doing great things! Wish him great things! Having a legend in Walter Barr start it and set that tremendous tradition at Sherando has to get some credit. A lot of things going on there go back a long long way with Coach Barr. Good luck to Sherando for years to come.

Reactions: Rev_Real
Appearance is everything.
What the public sees is what the coach and school wants you to see.
What is really going on could be a totally different story.

Indiana basketball under Bob Knight
USC football under Pete Carroll
SMU football under multiple coaches
Anywhere Rick Pitino coached

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT