ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4C error

SBOEDog

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2019
The 4C rankings will need to get re-worked. Broad Run defeated Heritage (LC) 28-0 this past Friday. Somehow that score was reported incorrectly to VHSL with Heritage (LC) winning. Certainly some adjustments in the Top 5 in 4C are inevitable.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
The 4C rankings will need to get re-worked. Broad Run defeated Heritage (LC) 28-0 this past Friday. Somehow that score was reported incorrectly to VHSL with Heritage (LC) winning. Certainly some adjustments in the Top 5 in 4C are inevitable.
Corrections will be made with a re-release of the ratings in the morning. There were several other errors that have been pointed out, and they too will be corrected with tomorrow’s release.

The first week always has errors... out of state games are a real (*^%# to keep track of.
Spring helped - they basically dealt with more schedule moves each WEEK than a normal YEAR, but this Fall... it's been stuff DAILY! Tomorrow's prob. won't be perfect, either, but only the final run needs to be.

The real mystery is where did the wrong score come from. The score board had both scores on it as well on Friday

I agree, that’s the odd thing. I guess there are just so many variables now between scheduling and how final scores are officially rolled up by the schools you can expect some errors. We’ve probably all watched games in one of the on-line formats where the score stays 0-0 in the bottom scroll or simply is incorrect for some reason. Agree with Dinwiddie as I suspect the AD’s and Head Coaches will have some type of formal verification process with VHSL at season’s end.

Reactions: SFUWO
And THAT'S where the AP gets some of their scores from. Who knows where THEY get them from.
It's a total cluster.

And THAT'S where the AP gets some of their scores from. Who knows where THEY get them from.
It's a total cluster.
I've seen a few scores on the App that I knew were wrong and I reported it and it was corrected quickly. The problem is they rely on app users to report the scores at games they're watching and occasionally someone will report the score wrong by mistake or on purpose. It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen.

They have fixed it

I agree, that’s the odd thing. I guess there are just so many variables now between scheduling and how final scores are officially rolled up by the schools you can expect some errors. We’ve probably all watched games in one of the on-line formats where the score stays 0-0 in the bottom scroll or simply is incorrect for some reason. Agree with Dinwiddie as I suspect the AD’s and Head Coaches will have some type of formal verification process with VHSL at season’s end.
I was watching Skyline-Manassas Park on NFHS in the Spring season, and they had the score inverted. Lots of people tuned in a little late and had a heart attack thinking Skyline was really losing by 20-something points to M-Park.

Earlier this season, Scorestream had Northside over Salem 20-0 at halftime. Mike had to call and get it corrected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT