ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4D Rankings

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
I don't know the official standings, but here is how I would rank the teams in this very tough region at the end of 2018.

1. GW Danville
Pretty clear favorite. Undefeated, top of Class 4, two wins over LCA already and with a relatively easy schedule in the Piedmont the rest of the way, I see the Eagles locking up the #1 overall seed and the 4D train will run through Danville.

2. Liberty Christian
LCA is 6-3, with two losses to Danville and won to VES. The Seminole is no joke, and they will come out battle-tested. They get the edge over Jefferson Forest because they own the head to head but they match up again on January 10th, which may very well decide who gets the #2 seed. Yet again, you never know what will happen in the Seminole.

3. Jefferson Forest
Jefferson Forest finished 2018 with a strong outing at the K Guard Classic, with wins over Hidden Valley and Broadway while also losing a tight one to one loss William Fleming. Other than LCA and Fleming, the Cavs only setback is...a fifteen point loss to EC Glass! See that's the Seminole for you. Still, I'll give them the edge over the Hilltoppers for now.

4. EC Glass
The Hilltopper's schedule has been brutal, which may prove critical come playoff time. After a 54-32 drubbing at the hands of Martinsville, then losing twice to undefeated Patrick Henry and their cross-town rival Heritage, the Hilltoppers have won four of their last five with their setback at home to LCA thanks to a buzzer beater. They may not end up in a top four spot but they will be very dangerous come playoff time.

5. Charlottesville
The Black Knight's have been very streaky this year. They showed promise in a close loss at Spotswood and with wins over Western Albemarle and West Potomac. However, Spotswood also beat the Black Knight's by 25 on their home court. With only two road games remaining in the regular season, look for the Black Knights to pick up some steam at home and possibly finish in the top 3 come playoff time.

6. Salem
7. Blacksburg
8. Pulaski County
9. William Byrd
10. Amherst County
11. Caroll County
12. Bassett

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT