ADVERTISEMENT

Region B tiebreakers

Oct 10, 2021
Since region B is doing things different this year what are the tie breakers? Do district champs get seeded higher then everyone else is seeded with power points?

Since region B is doing things different this year what are the tie breakers? Do district champs get seeded higher then everyone else is seeded with power points?

Bull run district champ will probably be rated the highest, but if they are not and they are behind Buckingham or Stuarts Draft in points then they will be placed behind that team.

For example: If points ended up

1. Strasburg
2. Buckingham
3. CW
4. Luray
5. SD
6 Clarke
7. East Rock
8. Madison

And the results in Bull Run are

CW
Strasburg
Clarke
Luray
East Rock
Madison

Then this is what the playoff seeds would look like

1. Buckingham
2. CW
3. Strasburg
4. Stuarts Draft
5. Clarke
6. Luray
7. East Rock
8. Madison

Basically, no matter what, the Bull Run teams will be placed by District finish. And if that happens to means that one of the 2 non Bull Run teams was ahead of them in Ratings, then that moves the non BR team above them.

And I know that their is probably no way the Ratings or District end this way, just put them in this order randomly for purpose of explanation

Reactions: DASWAMP11
@Gunz41 for the state semi finals will Region B be hosting again I know Strasburg has more points than either Region A team but not sure about Central

PLAYOFF FORMAT FOR: FOOTBALL
8EdmfFbF8PVxtqjg_ic0I6HFS5p1uznq401O1uSC6RoUCTlY-iwN5k74Zpb9HBx4OxznIZXRSJn2TuysX4G0KPQ5Mj91QfkUSyg1SbB_L7AGMlNbb-ufML2OEuS_65aGKSzDtmg1hLacHHMdAkzey9PUVZlXX6Avmog3IPMdW9GUGPHzlinEjksawCYtcA

Number of Championships: SIX (Class 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1)

Region Tournament

Dates: Region start date: Saturday, November 12 and Region Deadline: Saturday, November 26. Must be completed by Region Deadline as published on the VHSL Calendar.

Format: Eight-team, single-elimination tournament. Seeding and pairings determined by power points unless the Region has determined another format.

Sites: As determined by each Region.

Who Advances: Region Champion advances to state tournament play.

State Tournament

Dates: Semi-finals held on Saturday, December 3. State Finals held on Saturday, December 10.

Format: Four-team, single-elimination tournament per classification, pairing Region A champions with Region B champions and Region C champions with Region D champions. Semi-final winners advance to the final.

Sites: Semi-finals – The higher rated team (based on power rating) will host. Region A champion v. Region B champion; Region C champion v. Region D champion.

Salem (Salem) – Class 1 and Class 2

Liberty University – Class 3 and Class 4

Old Dominion University – Class 5 and Class 6

Awards: Team trophy and individual medals to State Champion and Runner-up teams. VHSL Administrator: Chris Robinson

VHSL – Chris Robinson – crobinson@vhsl.org – 434-977-8475 – 1642 State Farm Blvd. Charlottesville, VA 22911

Found on VHSL website

Well I guess that answers our question lol. We would love to host central Woodstock next weekend lol. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Well I guess that answers our question lol. We would love to host central Woodstock next weekend lol. Good luck to everyone this weekend.
I am hoping KW gets to come back to Strasburg the last time you guys were there. All your fans were nice and respectful towards our fans and team. KW is a class act on and off the field. Good luck to you guys tonight

I am hoping KW gets to come back to Strasburg the last time you guys were there. All your fans were nice and respectful towards our fans and team. KW is a class act on and off the field. Good luck to you guys tonight
Same to you guys, hopefully everyone stays healthy tonight. Just stopped raining here about an hour ago. Shouldn’t be a sloppy mess but should be a little moist tonight.

Reactions: BullRun66
@Gunz41 for the state semi finals will Region B be hosting again I know Strasburg has more points than either Region A team but not sure about Central

Strasburg hosts with a win.

King William hosts with a win and Strasburg loss.

If Central and Poquoson both win, Central hosts.

I thought region A and B alternated every year.

They only alternated recently with the pandemic.

But here is a bit of history just for context.

2015: Was when we still had 16 East and 16 West. So that was highest East vs Lowest West and vice versa.

Buffalo Gap at Appomattox and Union at Clarke County

2016: Same as above. Richlands at Stuarts Draft, Goochland at Appomattox.

2017: Poquoson at Staunton (RE Lee) and Appomattox at Union

2018: Goochland (A) at East Rockingham (B) (may have been a "neutral site", cant remember. Graham at Radford (at Salem).

2019: Thomas Jefferson at Stuarts Draft and Graham at Appomattox

2020 (2021 Spring): No ratings mattered. Last seed could have hosted 1st seed. A was going to host B and D was going to host C. And A/B winner was going to host C/D winner.

Stuarts Draft at Poquoson (played at York) and Appomattox at Union. State Championship Appomattox at Stuarts Draft.

2021: King William at Central Woodstock and Appomattox at Graham

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT