ADVERTISEMENT

Region C clearing up. Region D is mixed up.

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
It looks like in C, Appo has turned into the team most thought they would be by late in the season. They are the favorites and now the team to beat. Radford, I think is the second best team, and Gretna and Glenvar contending for third and fourth. Chatham and Dan River had the lead in power points over Glenvar coming into Friday night, but both lost as the increase in schedule toughness is now showing for both schools. Look for Glenvar to be the 3 or 4 seed. I believe Chatham and Dan River are behind the front four a bit in level of play and that level of separation perceived between them and the top 4 perceived best teams is now showing. It's widening some.

In Region D, it's all up in the air. Much talk about Ridgeview, Richland's, Graham and Union as their leading four, but it looks like the opposite is happening out there compared to region C. What many projected as the 5th and 6th best teams in Central and Gate City, those two have closed the sepation that their top four had. It seems that both Central and Gate City have rapidly improved.

It's tough to gauge it. I'm gonna stick with my 2 early on picks though. Appo vs Graham in the state semis. If neither of those two make it, it's not in any way a surprise. I think Appo does have the easier road this year. I think Region D is just flat out better this year, and as mentioned earlier, they are a good 5 teams deep and maybe 6 if you count GC.

Still the team to beat will come from D.
Coach Smith would add that the only team the Raiders need to worry about is themselves and how THEY can become better this week.

Still the team to beat will come from D.
Coach Smith would add that the only team the Raiders need to worry about is themselves and how THEY can become better this week.
I fully agree with you. It may be my lack of observation in the past but i'm seeing coach Smith doing more with players on the sideline than i had noticed before. Also looks more like the players coming to the coaches and asking for help with what they think maybe they did wrong on the last play or whatnot. Maybe the new end zone camera is paying off with the use of tablets i had not seen as frequently in years past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT