ADVERTISEMENT

Region C? More like Region Chaos!

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
#6 Kettle Run upsets #1 Liberty 27-26, and it's looking like #3 Woodgrove will fall to #7 Heritage. Eagles fans have already taken to twitter to voice their complaints about the officiating.

Incoming Judges upset of Sherando tomorrow?

Last edited:
Any details of the game itself?

I wasn't there, but from what I was following, Liberty was in control for pretty much the whole game until they fell apart in the late 3rd and 4th quarters. Around midway through the 3rd quarter it was 26-7 Liberty.

Woodgrove falls to Heritage 24-20.

How does tonight affect the playoff seeding picture? Is it still between Liberty and Millbrook for the top seed in the region?

#6 Kettle Run upsets #1 Liberty 27-26, and it's looking like #3 Woodgrove will fall to #7 Heritage. Eagles fans have already taken to twitter to voice their complaints about the officiating.

Incoming Judges upset of Sherando tomorrow?
No , SHS takes care of business , works on the running game where needed

Ive been around youth football and high school football many years and will say yeah the ref'ing was pretty rough tonight. I try to stay unbias when it comes to refs impact on a game but whether right or wrong they definitely had a impact on this game. The consensus I heard from most Liberty fans was it wasn't a evenly called game. Those on twitter are most likely not those people but the people that only say we were cheated

Last edited:
I'm sure the classless comment was due to a injury Liberty had and KR didn't take a knee instead they stood in a group while the coaches called them over to the side line to talk to the group. It wasn't a situation the refs told both sides to go to the sideline bc it would be a while

A couple of thoughts. The "taking a knee" when someone is injured has never made any sense nor should it be considered unsportsman like. Why does that unwritten rule exist? What is it supposed to be accomplishing or representing? I'd love to know the origin of that. Typically everyone feels terrible when a real injury occurs, I don't need to see the kids kneeling to know that. As long as players aren't joking around or laughing, I don't see the problem.

The only thing that I see about the 4C region that has my attention is the fact that one of these teams will get to play in the semi finals. I'm not trying to be mean there, but there will be teams in the other 3 regions that get bounced in round 2 or 3 that would walk through 4C. I'm not saying they are bad teams, I'm saying none of them are top 4 or even top 8. Yes you are reading extreme jealousy from an EV fan :)

Millbrook and Eastern View both 8-0. Anybody think either team can make a deep run in the playoffs?

Millbrook and Eastern View both 8-0. Anybody think either team can make a deep run in the playoffs?

Eastern View, yes. Millbrook, no. Millbrook has given up too many points to weak teams to give me confidence to say they'll make it to Williamsburg. I think they could make the finals of Region C though.

Also I disagree with EVcyc, but we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Eastern View, yes. Millbrook, no. Millbrook has given up too many points to weak teams to give me confidence to say they'll make it to Williamsburg. I think they could make the finals of Region C though.

Also I disagree with EVcyc, but we'll see what happens.

That's a curious answer to the question "will either team make a deep run" (I guess we need to define deep). I can't tell if you think EV is just that good or you don't know how the playoffs are lining up. Right now (assuming EV wins it's last 2 and the first rd game), they will most likely face Dinwiddie (the perceived state favorite) in rd 2, and if they happen to win that, they will face (most likely) the winner of Monacan/Louisa. Right now most of the boards have all 3 of those teams better than EV.

Millbrook's last 2 games are against Liberty and Sherando, which are 2 teams they have a pretty good chance of playing in rd 2. So these last 2 games might as well be playoff games. They will be playing for the top spot and a chance to host all the games they play in their bracket. So we will know soon how they stack up for a deep run. Other teams in C that may be a second rd opponent are Woodgrove, Dominion, or Kettlerun. Not too much talk about the first 2, although Woodgrove beat Dominion 28-12 and they actually hammered Massaponx this year. They did lose to Heritage, which Dominion beat. As I'm writing this, I can't help wonder why there isn't more talk about Woodgrove? Their loses are to very good teams. They will be tested coming in no doubt.

Yeah now I don't know anymore :) :) about my original statement. :) I think I agree with Shruikan about disagreeing with me.

Millbrook has played less somebody's than EV, so I don't know if they make a deep run. Liberty and KR, ehh. No disrespect to either team, but they just don't have the horses. Sherando appears to be getting better as the season goes, and they have very good coaching and pedigree. But Woodgrove, they might be the sleeper (only say sleeper because no one really talking about them)..

What was the question again, man I just started rambling :)

That's a curious answer to the question "will either team make a deep run" (I guess we need to define deep). I can't tell if you think EV is just that good or you don't know how the playoffs are lining up. Right now (assuming EV wins it's last 2 and the first rd game), they will most likely face Dinwiddie (the perceived state favorite) in rd 2, and if they happen to win that, they will face (most likely) the winner of Monacan/Louisa. Right now most of the boards have all 3 of those teams better than EV.

Millbrook's last 2 games are against Liberty and Sherando, which are 2 teams they have a pretty good chance of playing in rd 2. So these last 2 games might as well be playoff games. They will be playing for the top spot and a chance to host all the games they play in their bracket. So we will know soon how they stack up for a deep run. Other teams in C that may be a second rd opponent are Woodgrove, Dominion, or Kettlerun. Not too much talk about the first 2, although Woodgrove beat Dominion 28-12 and they actually hammered Massaponx this year. They did lose to Heritage, which Dominion beat. As I'm writing this, I can't help wonder why there isn't more talk about Woodgrove? Their loses are to very good teams. They will be tested coming in no doubt.

Yeah now I don't know anymore :) :) about my original statement. :) I think I agree with Shruikan about disagreeing with me.

Millbrook has played less somebody's than EV, so I don't know if they make a deep run. Liberty and KR, ehh. No disrespect to either team, but they just don't have the horses. Sherando appears to be getting better as the season goes, and they have very good coaching and pedigree. But Woodgrove, they might be the sleeper (only say sleeper because no one really talking about them)..

What was the question again, man I just started rambling :)

Woodgrove is on my radar but their loss on Friday hurt bc IMO they should not have lost that game. Other than that... you are right in the Woodgrove did play a few REALLY GOOD teams very close and had a nice upset win early in the season over Massopanox.

I like most others think that ultimately it will be a Woodgrove or Sherando to come out of this region. Right now I'd lean toward Sherando.

Millbrook has great offense. Their defense is not great, but the region is not great either, so who knows. We will have a better clue after these last regular season gamea.

Last edited:

I think EV is considerably better than most posters here are saying, and I don't think Dinwiddie is as clear a #1 as people are saying. They may very well be the best 4A team in Virginia and they might win the championship, but the gap isn't nearly as big as it has been in previous years.

No disrespect toward the Generals at all, I just think teams like EV and Blacksburg are better than advertised.

Reactions: VolNation85
I think EV is considerably better than most posters here are saying, and I don't think Dinwiddie is as clear a #1 as people are saying. They may very well be the best 4A team in Virginia and they might win the championship, but the gap isn't nearly as big as it has been in previous years.

No disrespect toward the Generals at all, I just think teams like EV and Blacksburg are better than advertised.
I can't speak for EV as I haven't seen them play but, I know Blacksburg is better than what most people want to believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT