ADVERTISEMENT

Region C Top 10

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
Figured I had a few so would help yall out.

1. LCA 32.00
2. TA 27.90
3. Spotswood 26.90
4. Alleghany 25.80
5. Rustburg 25.70
6. Monticello 25.40
7. Heritage 23.00
8. Fluvanna 21.40

9. Broadway 21.00
9. Wilson 21.00

Matchups

(8) Fluvanna at (1) LCA
(7) Heritage at (2) TA
(6) Monticello at (3) Spotswood
(5) Rustburg at (4) Alleghany

Maxpreps doesn't have the bracket up yet but does have all of those matchups on the school's schedule page.

Figured I had a few so would help yall out.

1. LCA 32.00
2. TA 27.90
3. Spotswood 26.90
4. Alleghany 25.80
5. Rustburg 25.70
6. Monticello 25.40
7. Heritage 23.00
8. Fluvanna 21.40

9. Broadway 21.00
9. Wilson 21.00

Matchups

(8) Fluvanna at (1) LCA
(7) Heritage at (2) TA
(6) Monticello at (3) Spotswood
(5) Rustburg at (4) Alleghany
Someone explain to me how Rustburg falls all the way to #5. Alleghany, Spotswood and TA all play cupcake schedules. Heritage will upset TA and then upset Spotswood in the semifinal. VHSL has to get a better way of figuring the playoffs points.

Someone explain to me how Rustburg falls all the way to #5. Alleghany, Spotswood and TA all play cupcake schedules. Heritage will upset TA and then upset Spotswood in the semifinal. VHSL has to get a better way of figuring the playoffs points.
Power Points. It's certainly imperfect, but what system do you propose? Letting coaches/AD's vote? Do you think they'd pass up on what is in the best interests of their school? I agree, Rustburg is probably the second best team in the region. The Seminole has dominated everyone else in the Region since they've been joined with the Valley and Jefferson.

Because the teams ahead of them are 10-0, 9-1, 9-1, and 9-1. Rustburg is 7-3 and lost to any team with a pulse that they played. They had a fine season, especially by Rustburg standards, but they've got two C2 OOD on the schedule (Appo did them no favors collapsing like they did) which will always hurt the points. The C2 scheduling alone cost Rustburg at least one spot in the playoffs, that's for sure. They're already forced by district play have one C2 on the schedule and they chose to pile up more. Now, Appo I get to a certain degree but Stuarts Draft? Cmon.

Reactions: VolNation85
Because the teams ahead of them are 10-0, 9-1, 9-1, and 9-1. Rustburg is 7-3 and lost to any team with a pulse that they played. They had a fine season, especially by Rustburg standards, but they've got two C2 OOD on the schedule (Appo did them no favors collapsing like they did) which will always hurt the points. The C2 scheduling alone cost Rustburg at least one spot in the playoffs, that's for sure. They're already forced by district play have one C2 on the schedule and they chose to pile up more. Now, Appo I get to a certain degree but Stuarts Draft? Cmon.
Sorry head to head has to count for something. How is Appo a bad win? They lost to Gretna who dang near beat Jefferson Forest. They lose to Lord botetourt playoff team, Heritage playoff team, and Altavista is probably their worse loss. If Spotswood played Rustburg schedule i gurantee they have atleast 4 losses if not 5. Same for TA and Alleghany would be much worse. Rustburg's 3 losses come to Glass #3 in 4A region D, Forest #1/2 4A region D, and LCA #1 3A region C.

Sorry head to head has to count for something. How is Appo a bad win? They lost to Gretna who dang near beat Jefferson Forest. They lose to Lord botetourt playoff team, Heritage playoff team, and Altavista is probably their worse loss. If Spotswood played Rustburg schedule i gurantee they have atleast 4 losses if not 5. Same for TA and Alleghany would be much worse. Rustburg's 3 losses come to Glass #3 in 4A region D, Forest #1/2 4A region D, and LCA #1 3A region C.

Appo is a bad win because they're 5-4. Nobody is sitting around the fire discussing whether a win over 5-4 Appo is better than a win over 9-1 Spotswood, the 5-4 team is the worse win for Rustburg's points.

And it also doesn't matter that Rustburg lost only to good teams because the issue is they didn't beat any either. Who's the best win? A 6-4 Heritage? 9-1 Spotswood? Or the 5-4 Appo?

Rustburg beat nobody of consequence, played poor OOD overall, and lost every important game. That's why they're 5th. I'm not here to argue how good they are (they're probably 2nd best in 3C), I'm just explaining why they are where they are in the rankings. They beat Glass and/or JF, they don't schedule C2s, and they're 3rd or 4th at worst.

The district is what it is and does not affect the points with the class adjustment. The real issue is OOD lower classification opponents and winning. IMO the VHSL playoffs are really watered down with regions that usually include multiple teams .500 or sub .500.

Appo is a bad win because they're 5-4. Nobody is sitting around the fire discussing whether a win over 5-4 Appo is better than a win over 9-1 Spotswood, the 5-4 team is the worse win for Rustburg's points.

And it also doesn't matter that Rustburg lost only to good teams because the issue is they didn't beat any either. Who's the best win? A 6-4 Heritage? 9-1 Spotswood? Or the 5-4 Appo?

Rustburg beat nobody of consequence, played poor OOD overall, and lost every important game. That's why they're 5th. I'm not here to argue how good they are (they're probably 2nd best in 3C), I'm just explaining why they are where they are in the rankings. They beat Glass and/or JF, they don't schedule C2s, and they're 3rd or 4th at worst.
I think they also expected both C2's to do a little better than they did. Appomattox had their worst season in a while, Stuarts Draft has also made some decent playoff runs recently. They faced each other in back to back state championship games not too long ago. Either of them win one more and Rustburg is hosting. Maybe in the next cycle they can get one of the Roanoke teams.

You do realize the VHSL gives Rustburg C3 points for playing C2 teams? They changed this years ago so people wouldn’t get punished for lower teams in district

Reactions: Gridiron1960
You don't have much respect for Alleghany do you? Guess you think Rustburg wins by 40?

You do realize the VHSL gives Rustburg C3 points for playing C2 teams? They changed this years ago so people wouldn’t get punished for lower teams in district
Yeah, was addressing more just the quality of the teams they're playing. But it's easy to say in hindsight; tough to predict Appo and SD were going to struggle like they did.

If was at Rustburg at least 28 but since it is at Alleghany I am sure refs keep it close. By 12
So you are already making excuses? Don't think Alleghany gets to pick the refs. Hope you come to the game because you will see a good entertaining game worth watching.

Who they lost to isn’t an issue. It’s who they beat. Most of The teams they beat didn’t have good seasons or good enough seasons for Rustburg to gain enough bonus points to really help them. If Appo had won their usual 8-10 games then Rustburg would have been a higher seed or if Liberty could have gotten 1-2 wins.

I think Heritage/TA could be a great game. I would bet on Heritage but the Knights have talent this year, and they lost at the best time: right before the playoffs. In the end, none of them will beat or really come close to LCA.

I think Heritage/TA could be a great game. I would bet on Heritage but the Knights have talent this year, and they lost at the best time: right before the playoffs. In the end, none of them will beat or really come close to LCA.
It’s LCAs region and year to make it back to the State Title game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT