ADVERTISEMENT

Region D

Going to be hard to stop their QB, but they had a lot of close calls with that loaded team. Who steps up at RB for them? Who fills in for all of the transfer portal kids they recruited from various schools? I know that big DL kid that transferred in is now at Wise.

Reactions: KW23
Honaker has offensive firepower to be pretty good but defensively have ways to go in order to beat really good teams. Their defense verse Galax last fall was really bad. Poor poor tackling.

Might see a team like Holston or Chilhowie or Rural Retreat sneak up. Holston and Chilhowie are due to be good again. If anyone knocks down Honaker or Rye Cove, it will likely be one of those teams close to or off I 81. Chilhowie/Holston would be my guess to step up after both schools played in fairly recent state semi games and Chilhowie even played for a state title twice.

Might see a team like Holston or Chilhowie or Rural Retreat sneak up. Holston and Chilhowie are due to be good again. If anyone knocks down Honaker or Rye Cove, it will likely be one of those teams close to or off I 81. Chilhowie/Holston would be my guess to step up after both schools played in fairly recent state semi games and Chilhowie even played for a state title twice.
Saw one Chilhowie game last year. Counted over 50 kids dressed out for the game. This was early season, so guessing it wasn't jv's dressed out and just a long for the ride. That's huge numbers for a 1A team this day and age. C.Also had a new 1st year coach. Maybe he brought some enthusiasm back to the program. I'm thinking they went 0-10 the year before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT