ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Championship Radio Coverage???

WTON 1240 The Boss will cover Riverheads/Sussex, pregame starts at 5:30. Good play by play without being homers. Updates on the other local game to us, Stuarts Draft/East Rock.

Last edited:
Agreed but I think the seeding being a 1 versus a 2 in Grenville instead of a 1versus a 6 plus they haven’t covered the Gladiators in these playoffs yet probably played the biggest part. If we are fortunate then both Augusta County teams will make it to next week and they can have a coin flip on who they cover. Those fellas do a great job too so we are beyond blessed to have them cover our area.

I am probably one of the few folks on here old enough to remember when that station (during the regular season) carried the R E Lee game live and then carried an Augusta County game by tape delay. You could stay up until midnight or later listening to local sports if you wanted. They even carried a lot of local basketball games as well.

Yeah those guys will spoil ya. Good play by play and behind the scenes coverage. And, the coaches don’t mind talking to em afterwards. Casto doesn’t talk to just anyone

I am probably one of the few folks on here old enough to remember when that station (during the regular season) carried the R E Lee game live and then carried an Augusta County game by tape delay. You could stay up until midnight or later listening to local sports if you wanted. They even carried a lot of local basketball games as well.
That was back in the horse and buggy days ! lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT