ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Playoff Question

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
The VHSL says that the Regional Playoff format will be an 8 team format using the higher seed as the host team, “unless the Region has decided on a different format.”

Does anyone know if any Regions have chosen an alternative format?

The VHSL says that the Regional Playoff format will be an 8 team format using the higher seed as the host team, “unless the Region has decided on a different format.”

Does anyone know if any Regions have chosen an alternative format?
Before the newest realignment, Region 4C did a cross-bracket between the Northwestern and Dulles districts. They took the top 4 from each district and cross bracket. Not sure what they will do if the new alignment recommendations remain as is.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Before the newest realignment, Region 4C did a cross-bracket between the Northwestern and Dulles districts. They took the top 4 from each district and cross bracket. Not sure what they will do if the new alignment recommendations remain as is.
I foresee regions with 16-19 members using 12 rather than 8

Reactions: VolNation85
How would that work? Wouldn't that require an extra week of the season?
I can assure you that we will never see an additional week to our season. There are several reasons that will never happen.

For 12 team first rounds, there simply would be some bye,s the first week. If the need for “six“ rounds of playoffs was deemed absolutely necessary, dropping to a 9 week regular season would be the only way to make that happen. And I would say that has a zero chance of ever being seriously considered.

The Regions, as they currently exist now, have three weeks to send the VHSL a state semifinal team. How they do that is totally up to each Region.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT