ADVERTISEMENT

RH-21 Essex-8 FINAL!!!

I'll probably get some hate for this but the Essex qb was average this year playing nnk teams...looked a little suspect but had some big time plays...I just don't understand the game plan of putting the game in his hands. Why not get the running game going??

Reactions: bigneal1985
Riverheads was winning that battle up front for the most part and they couldn't. Definitely feel like Dorian should've got more touches regardless though. Running between the tackles didn't work well at all. Maybe Essex should've tried to run outside a bit more with all the speed they had on that team but that wasn't the case.
Throw 1 and 7 in the backfield with Harris and see what happens.

Reactions: LeapinFanatic
As a couple of other Riverheads fans have already said.........we were clearly the better team yesterday. With "yesterday" being the key word.

If the two teams played again and Essex did not have five turnovers, it could be a different story because pound for pound, they might very well be evenly matched and Essex might even win.

But yesterday Riverheads won because they ran the ball hard enough to get the first down consistently, which limited Essex's opportunities. As someone stated, Essex did successfully keep either CCC or Luke from breaking a big one, but to the best of my recollection, after we recovered that crucial third quarter fumble, Luke did have a significant run (25 yards maybe) that got us out of the shadow of the goal post, so that was a key play.

I think you could also say, and I mean this as a compliment, that Essex may have just wanted it so badly that some of the fumbles were caused by trying to do too much on any given play....I know that RHS has had some fumbles this year themselves that were caused by refusing to go down and instead trying to get an extra yard or two.

Not taking anything away from Essex, they had a great season but Essex was not the better team. I would say they were pretty evenly matched. They didnt run the ball because they couldnt run the ball. Riverheads totally shut down there offense. They only had 124 yds for the game. Youre not going to win many games with only 124 yds and only scoring 8 points Yes they had turnovers, but RH defense caused those turnovers. RH had close to 300 yds rushing, I wouldnt call that holding RH.
Just like I said in a earlier post that you never hear anything said about how good Riverheads defense is, it's always about the offense but that defense always shows up and shuts people down

Just my 2 cents, but I'd have lined Robinson up in the backfield and got him the ball that way too. He ran the Wildcat at times this year and they also ran some double wing as well. None of that was seen yesterday. I will stand by my opinion that in high school football, you have to get your best player as many touches as possible and it's hard to do that when that player is strictly playing WR, because then you put the game in the hands of the quarterback and it's up to him to get him the ball.

They definitely got their yards on the ground, but didn't get those long TD runs like they have been all season. They only scored 21 points after essex gave them the ball 5 times. Lowest scoring of the season? Two essex turnovers were in RH territory....a lot points were left out on the field in my opinion. The Essex defense did enough to win that game yesterday, the offense not even close.
Honestly you would have been better off if RHs backs had those long runs. They ended up scoring anyway but 3-4 yds at a time and that plays right into RHs hand. Thats what they want long time consuming drives that score and eat up the clock. Essex offense cant score standing on the sideline. Not sure what TOP was but it had to be huge into RHs favor.

Reactions: RappriverEHS
Just my 2 cents, but I'd have lined Robinson up in the backfield and got him the ball that way too. He ran the Wildcat at times this year and they also ran some double wing as well. None of that was seen yesterday. I will stand by my opinion that in high school football, you have to get your best player as many touches as possible and it's hard to do that when that player is strictly playing WR, because then you put the game in the hands of the quarterback and it's up to him to get him the ball.
If im coach running that offense he is my qb. What a waste of talent putting him at WR. With his athletic ability and size I want him touching the ball every play.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
If im coach running that offense he is my qb. What a waste of talent putting him at WR. With his athletic ability and size I want him touching the ball every play.
Agreed. Northumberland basically did the same thing with Cameron Seldon. He's 6'2 220 lbs, committed to Tennessee and runs a 4.4 forty and mostly played WR.

Agreed. Northumberland basically did the same thing with Cameron Seldon. He's 6'2 220 lbs, committed to Tennessee and runs a 4.4 forty and mostly played WR.
Thats crazy, it would be different if you had 3 or 4 athletes like that, but I didnt see anybody in the same league as Robinson.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
U know whats coming at ya with the run but it is very hard to stop for 4 quarters, today Luke had 112 yards and CCC had a 172, so the 2 headed monster is hard to stop, as for the rings I think smiley and Armstrong are the only ones with 4 rings at rhs with those starting on varsity as freshman, but Dunlap the QB started as a freshman and can get number 4 with a win on Saturday
Oh yeah we know what's coming lol CCC and Bryant are men out there and GW better get ready for a heaping helping of the 2. And on a side note I know CCC is easily one of the best athletes in the state but can we give Bryant the credit the kid is due. Anyway I completely agree no one stops those 2 for 4 Qs and hell we may not stop them at all but we've got to give it a shot. This game has the potential to be a repeat of the championship game with RH vs EM which I saw live and it was a shootout from go. It also has the potential for RH to win by 60+ points we hav to spread the ball around we have to many weapons not to. And as others have said if RH has a weakness I think it's the pass D and GW can sling it also if you don't watch Smith he is going to score with his feet.

Either way I'm hoping it's a competitive game and of course I hope GW wins in a classic game. GW has to use everyone and play mistake free football. We can not have multiple tos or we will get destroyed GW has to show up and play the best they have all year.

Oh yeah we know what's coming lol CCC and Bryant are men out there and GW better get ready for a heaping helping of the 2. And on a side note I know CCC is easily one of the best athletes in the state but can we give Bryant the credit the kid is due. Anyway I completely agree no one stops those 2 for 4 Qs and hell we may not stop them at all but we've got to give it a shot. This game has the potential to be a repeat of the championship game with RH vs EM which I saw live and it was a shootout from go. It also has the potential for RH to win by 60+ points we hav to spread the ball around we have to many weapons not to. And as others have said if RH has a weakness I think it's the pass D and GW can sling it also if you don't watch Smith he is going to score with his feet.

Either way I'm hoping it's a competitive game and of course I hope GW wins in a classic game. GW has to use everyone and play mistake free football. We can not have multiple tos or we will get destroyed GW has to show up and play the best they have all year.
Went to the Essex/RH game. Sat on the Essex side, just because it was a shorter walk. Sat a couple rows behind a very knowledgeable Essex fan that kept yelling out, "Stop #33 and #42, that's all they got!" I guess with all the noise, the Essex players never heard him. Maybe you're in a position to pass this strategy along to the GW players and staff

U are right if rhs has a weakness it is there pass defense, but they are small and scrappy and playing there best ball, and cutting out the penalties, they will pressure the QB, and with CCC playing defense the last several weeks has helped alot,, so the game should come down to the trenches and see whose o line can make the holes for there rb,s, and to see what team makes the least mistakes, GO BIG RED

Don't see it being a shootout like the 2010 championship game, George wythe averaging 32 points a game and given up 21 and rhs is averaging 39 points and given up 14, so we will see which coaching staff can make the adjustments needed during the game, and it should be a competitive game,

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Went to the Essex/RH game. Sat on the Essex side, just because it was a shorter walk. Sat a couple rows behind a very knowledgeable Essex fan that kept yelling out, "Stop #33 and #42, that's all they got!" I guess with all the noise, the Essex players never heard him. Maybe you're in a position to pass this strategy along to the GW players and staff
They definitely have more than 2 studs. The whole damn team is a problem that does not get the credit they deserve. Then the coaching is a problem they are just an extremely well coached group. Sure everyone knows what's coming but stopping it is a whole other problem. And people seem to think RH can't throw the ball those people would be wrong. It's actually that they don't need to buy when they do throw it they usually score cause no one thinks they can.

Reactions: Bama1985
Don't see it being a shootout like the 2010 championship game, George wythe averaging 32 points a game and given up 21 and rhs is averaging 39 points and given up 14, so we will see which coaching staff can make the adjustments needed during the game, and it should be a competitive game,
The main reason I say it has the potential to be like that game is GW has given up some big plays this season. And GW is capable of scoring at any point from any place on the field with everyone who touches the ball. Thankfully the last few weeks we have absolutely shut down the big plays and made teams drive to score. Doesn't mean we will do that against RH but I'm hoping we can while not allowing them to eat to much clock. So I'm not saying it will be a shootout but I see the potential for it to be similar to the 2010 game.

I could see a similar game to last year with it still be fairly close at halftime then Riverheads will just wearing them down and people will start getting out of place on defense for GW and Riverheads pulling away for a comfortable win.

The main reason I say it has the potential to be like that game is GW has given up some big plays this season. And GW is capable of scoring at any point from any place on the field with everyone who touches the ball. Thankfully the last few weeks we have absolutely shut down the big plays and made teams drive to score. Doesn't mean we will do that against RH but I'm hoping we can while not allowing them to eat to much clock. So I'm not saying it will be a shootout but I see the potential for it to be similar to the 2010 game.
Riverheads will probably be the best defense they've seen this year but I could be wrong

I look for a Chilhowie type game .
I see it like 2015 with Galax. Defensive battle that could go either way. I think GWs offense looks a lot more consistent than Essex. Essex was a one man show. Not trying to dog Essex coach in any way but they had no rhythm on offense. I think GW matches up well with RH.

@MT FAN 91 not sure I agree beings that they played a pretty dang good Graham team and Radford which was better than average defensively.
Galax actually moved the ball against Graham and our offense was not that good, now we couldn't get it in the end zone against their first team but we did move the ball against them. I just think Riverheads defense is and has been underated for years and they will have a good game plan for GW.

The Clements kid from Graham is a very good runner as well. They have played good competition so it’s not going to be but so much of a surprise.

@Bama1985 dont get it twisted, this is a good football team. I would be wary of too much bravado and overlook just what this team can do. They aren’t dependent on a particular play or series. They look more comfortable with the read/run stuff but the QB can throw it and the outside guys have speed and can catch.

@Bama1985 dont get it twisted, this is a good football team. I would be wary of too much bravado and overlook just what this team can do. They aren’t dependent on a particular play or series. They look more comfortable with the read/run stuff but the QB can throw it and the outside guys have speed and can catch.i

@Bama1985 dont get it twisted, this is a good football team. I would be wary of too much bravado and overlook just what this team can do. They aren’t dependent on a particular play or series. They look more comfortable with the read/run stuff but the QB can throw it and the outside guys have speed and can catch.
Not getting it twisted, I am just going by what I have seen from highlights, u have to have a good team to get this far, Don't think they will have the size and speed as Essex did

Not getting it twisted, I am just going by what I have seen from highlights, u have to have a good team to get this far, Don't think they will have the size and speed as Essex did
They definitely wont have the speed and definitely dont have a Kam Robinson but I think theyre a better coached team and has played far better competition than Essex did. They have played quite a few 4 quarter games and will be better conditioned than Essex was. I thought Essex started getting gassed in the 2nd half. Thats what happens when the starters are done by halftime which was the case in practically every game.

They definitely wont have the speed and definitely dont have a Kam Robinson but I think theyre a better coached team and has played far better competition than Essex did. They have played quite a few 4 quarter games and will be better conditioned than Essex was. I thought Essex started getting gassed in the 2nd half. Thats what happens when the starters are done by halftime which was the case in practically every game.
With Essex be so gassed in the second half...riverheads only scoring one td in the second half..what does that say about riverheads?

They beat a team who was out coached, less physical, less conditioned, had players on the line going both ways and that same team was in it the whole game. Sounds like riverheads should have wrapped the game up by halftime.

They beat a team who was out coached, less physical, less conditioned, had players on the line going both ways and that same team was in it the whole game. Sounds like riverheads should have wrapped the game up by halftime.
Score wise they did, and they did what they had to do in the second half, and they advance to the championship game this sat

RH dominated the game stat wise. 300 yds rushing to what 50 yds rushing. TOP had to be close to 2 to 1 also. Held that vaunted offense to 8 pts and forced 5 turnovers. I call that domination. Sussex and CL had better offenses.

Sussex and CL had better offenses because they couldn't stop riverheads from scoring, which resulted in more possessions.

Sussex and CL had better offenses because they couldn't stop riverheads from scoring, which resulted in more
Sussex and CL had better offenses because they couldn't stop riverheads from scoring, which resulted in more possessions.
Im not going to sugar coat anything, im telling you IMO Essex had the worst offense I have seen this year. It literally looked like backyard football when I was a kid and you tried to get the ball to the fastest kid on the team every play. That offense works against cup cakes but eventually youre going to run into a team that actually has a decent defense and stops it. And thats what happened 6 out of the last 7 years. Their defense was pretty good but the offense was horrendous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT