ADVERTISEMENT

Richlands vs Appomattox

Come on Advocate, give credit where it's due !!! The rain affected both teams. DR has lots of speed too. Don't short change them. They are not a scrub team like u act like they are. I'm not saying they will beat Appo IF they meet again, but they definitely have potential to pull the upset.

Reactions: BigWinners
Everybody says DR played Apo tough. I want to say this, IT WAS POURING DOWN RAINING THE WHOLE TIME!!! I seriously dont think it would be same game on dry land. they minimized our speed on D.

You mean weather affected a football game? That never happens!

Weather or not, if Appo was 20+ better than DR, it usually shows. It didn't. And this time of year, the coldness and possibility of incliment weather, if a team can be hampered that much by the elements, they may just not be that good. That's not to say Appo isn't an elite squad, I've picked them to win a state title and have them at a TD favorite on everyone else. But if you're saying weather can slow down Appomattox to that degree, well then maybe I should reconsider?

Reactions: kevtodd5
If this... if that...both teams had to play in the same conditions and I hate the excuse even when legit.

Richlands and Abingdon played in the cold and rain. Did that favor one team over the other...sure but Abingdon deserved the win and win they did. The final score is all that matters even when its just by a single point.

So what difference does it make if it had been dry...we would have won by twenty or thirty? I would take a one point victory Everytime!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Bigrhsfan
Another great second round game is Giles and Appo. It's pretty cool that because the West is so solid, there will be some solid and fun games in week two. Anything could happen..

I would love to see the Gate City and Glenvar game in week one. This is goigg to be a good one.

You mean weather affected a football game? That never happens!

Weather or not, if Appo was 20+ better than DR, it usually shows. It didn't. And this time of year, the coldness and possibility of incliment weather, if a team can be hampered that much by the elements, they may just not be that good. That's not to say Appo isn't an elite squad, I've picked them to win a state title and have them at a TD favorite on everyone else. But if you're saying weather can slow down Appomattox to that degree, well then maybe I should reconsider?
yeah please reconsider!!! We suck!! Go place ya vote on another team. Im a troll on here.

yeah please reconsider!!! We suck!! Go place ya vote on another team. Im a troll on here.

I've been around longer by join date, FWIW. I hate when people pass off a close W or an L by factors like weather or officiating. Neither team can control those things, and when someone tries to rationalize a close game or a loss by using weather, it makes me wonder. I watched the Amherst stream, I'm aware of what Appomattox brings to the table this year. But when a poster says an inferior team can hang tight and be within one TD because of the weather, it makes me wonder what happens if it snows, or if its 20 degrees outside and a team like Graham or Stuarts Draft rolls up. Weather can make games sloppy for anyone, and speed is a big factor in a football game, but rain affects both teams. The field is torn up and slippery for everyone. Talent finds a way. Every team has an off day, but to not give credit to the other team for taking advantage of the circumstances is off putting.

Better hope it doesn't rain or snow when the 2nd round matchups are being played. Appo might wanna call in sick for Friday and Saturday both if that's the case. Can't take such a risk in the 2nd round....Giles single wing offense won't be hampered at all.

Another great second round game is Giles and Appo. It's pretty cool that because the West is so solid, there will be some solid and fun games in week two. Anything could happen..

I would love to see the Gate City and Glenvar game in week one. This is goigg to be a good one.

Glenvar isn't getting talked about much, but they are a dangerous team.

Better hope it doesn't rain or snow when the 2nd round matchups are being played. Appo might wanna call in sick for Friday and Saturday both if that's the case. Can't take such a risk in the 2nd round....Giles single wing offense won't be hampered at all.
I guess you dont remember when we gave them a game in 2013 IN THE RAIN? Giles smashed everyone that year except Graham if I remember right. They beat us with a last second FG 17-14. We not calling out sick for no one, Appo always going to show up and play. So if it rains, so what? Im done with talking about Giles, they still have a tough Marion team and we have Bearcats this week. Question? What is a Bearcat anyway. Is that really an animal?

I have seen Dan River twice this year, they are legit!
Listen, I think yall beating me down because you took my post out of context. Yes, it was POURING rain the whole game, I cant remember a game that it rained that bad. DR is dangerous due to the speed and RBs. Im not sold on the passing game yet, but I know the QB can get out the back field well, they have a great D because the speed they have. I can see them giving us a tough game with us playing our starters 4 qtrs, but I see us winning that game "more convincing" if it was dry. Look we asked them numerous times to change the day of the game. Their coach refused to change it? Hmmmm....wonder why? Maybe because he thought he had more of a chance in rain and a long bus ride down.

Not sold on Glenvar. What do they bring to the table?

We aren't taking it out of context, you put in huge capital letters. My entire point was Appomattox is good enough to beat any 2A team in any conditions, but to slough Dan River by insinuating they get beaten convincingly under ideal conditions is a slight to DR.

I guess you dont remember when we gave them a game in 2013 IN THE RAIN? Giles smashed everyone that year except Graham if I remember right. They beat us with a last second FG 17-14. We not calling out sick for no one, Appo always going to show up and play. So if it rains, so what? Im done with talking about Giles, they still have a tough Marion team and we have Bearcats this week. Question? What is a Bearcat anyway. Is that really an animal?

I distinctly remember a Vol blowhard on the radio many years ago make the comment "I just wanna know one thing......What in the hell is a Nittany Lion?" PSU showed them really quick what a Nittany Lion was haha But I digress, you guys won't have any worries in the BearCats showing you all what they really are. Appo will drub VA High .....probably 50+ pts and that's with 2nd team players playing the whole 2nd half.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I can tell yea eveybody playing for 2nd place . Appomattox believe it or not there better then last year . They completely destroyed one of the best 4A schools in Amherst . Size speed nobody can come close . I'm not a fan of Appomattox just witness couple of there games . Just telling eveybody like it is .
This time last year, you were saying Amherst was going to crush us and we were going to get knocked out by 2nd round of playoffs.

Thank you for finally giving us some respect. Guess it just takes a little longer for some to be convinced. I have been watching this group of gentlemen since little league. they went 10-0 on JV (well some had graduated).

I know you from Altavista so how do you see the last 2 appomattox teams lining up vs. the thornhill, mechae, and twins crew?

I still can't see why u think no one is giving Appomattox props. I have not seen a single a person not pick them to win state. I'm just starting to wonder there is anything u don't cry about. Maybe u should just stay off this board. U seem to have a lot of enemies. Maybe this will make u happy. I think Appomattox could win 2A and maybe even 3 A state championship.

I still can't see why u think no one is giving Appomattox props. I have not seen a single a person not pick them to win state. I'm just starting to wonder there is anything u don't cry about. Maybe u should just stay off this board. U seem to have a lot of enemies. Maybe this will make u happy. I think Appomattox could win 2A and maybe even 3 A state championship.
#FacePalm
You still mad at me winger? You stay butthurt. Pull the corncob out ya tail. Did you vote for Hillary or something and still pissed off and want to take it out on me? Dude you been attacking me on my post for a year. I wouldnt say that post above is crying, that reminding someone of what they said.
Here, I will say something that will please you. I think you will not be a pushover if yall beat marion and we beat VaHigh. You have a wing style team I enjoy to watch. Although Im not a fan of that style of offense, I like watching the teams that do it right. I also enjoy watching Riverheads do it. I think the both of you do it the best in the state. Another thing, I love the atmosphere, school pride, and crowd yall have supporting ya team out there (MINUS THE HORN). I love the fact that yall are such a small school (in 2A) but still make a great push in the playoffs yearly.
Yall have a great volleyball team too. Yall came down here and smacked us in the mouth Monday. Them girls was READY and wasnt going back to Giles without that DUBYA. I got yall winning states. Its been said we play in a weak district and conference when it comes to volleyball and we was going to choke in playoffs to SWVA teams. That proved to be true. Both teams were 20-2 I think, but yall gave us the business.
See I know how to give compliments as well. Now go take care of that corncob in ya tail and lets be buds.

#FacePalm
You still mad at me winger? You stay butthurt. Pull the corncob out ya tail. Did you vote for Hillary or something and still pissed off and want to take it out on me? Dude you been attacking me on my post for a year. I wouldnt say that post above is crying, that reminding someone of what they said.
Here, I will say something that will please you. I think you will not be a pushover if yall beat marion and we beat VaHigh. You have a wing style team I enjoy to watch. Although Im not a fan of that style of offense, I like watching the teams that do it right. I also enjoy watching Riverheads do it. I think the both of you do it the best in the state. Another thing, I love the atmosphere, school pride, and crowd yall have supporting ya team out there (MINUS THE HORN). I love the fact that yall are such a small school (in 2A) but still make a great push in the playoffs yearly.
Yall have a great volleyball team too. Yall came down here and smacked us in the mouth Monday. Them girls was READY and wasnt going back to Giles without that DUBYA. I got yall winning states. Its been said we play in a weak district and conference when it comes to volleyball and we was going to choke in playoffs to SWVA teams. That proved to be true. Both teams were 20-2 I think, but yall gave us the business.
See I know how to give compliments as well. Now go take care of that corncob in ya tail and lets be buds.
Ha Let's say the election went just the way I wanted it to. Appreciate the compliment on VB team. My best friends daughter plays on the team. I just heard the won again tonight so automatic state bid. If we make it past Marion this week u can buy me a hot dog next week lol

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Marion is a hard team to gauge. Up and down this year.
That just might be true, NO DISRESPECT to Marion, but I thought out Vball team was great until I seen Gile handle us the way they did, we gave them some tough sets. Them girls spikes that I have seen get through during the season got dug up by Giles girls. Giles will be tough. I give mad respect to them!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT