ADVERTISEMENT

Riverheads@ Draft

Xcross

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 24, 2010
Will this game be on the Radio ? Not sure I can fight the crowd . Not a good view ten rows from the fence !

I thought I heard they were covering the Staunton/Wilson game. Gotta give equal time to all the area teams. I mean this is just another regular season game guys.

Will this game be on the Radio ? Not sure I can fight the crowd . Not a good view ten rows from the fence !
go put blankets down on bleachers today, u better do it soon or they will be full

Never heard of them doing it so far out you better strap them down and hope nobody takes

Heard the Draft was not going let ESPN Radio cover the game . If true I will miss the game all together . Not sure why they don't want us old timers to listen in .

At the conclusion of RHS/BG, they said they would be at the Draft game.

Yea that would be odd. I think it was just someone being themselves.

Anyway, pre sale tickets go on sale tomorrow and the stadium will be closed after school Thursday (I think is what I remember) so if you want to put something down need to do it before then.

It was my understanding that the “stadium” will close at 3:00 on Friday and reopen at 5:20. If you get pre-sale tickets you can go to any gate to enter. Anyone with a pass has to enter at the main entrance. At least that’s what the letter that was sent by Draft said. I know in 2016 I parked at the middle school and it took me forever to get out of there. How many people do you think will be there?

It was my understanding that the “stadium” will close at 3:00 on Friday and reopen at 5:20. If you get pre-sale tickets you can go to any gate to enter. Anyone with a pass has to enter at the main entrance. At least that’s what the letter that was sent by Draft said. I know in 2016 I parked at the middle school and it took me forever to get out of there. How many people do you think will be there?

I'd say the same as 2016. Someone else said it was Thursday too, but could be wrong

With three schools all within walking distance of the football field, and each one having its own parking lot, Stuarts Draft is better suited to handle a huge crowd than some schools are. I have never been there and had any real trouble finding a place to park or getting out.

Reactions: Bama1985
I heard the radio wasn’t going to be there because it would hurt the gate and people would stay home to listen any truth to that rumor

I heard the radio wasn’t going to be there because it would hurt the gate and people would stay home to listen any truth to that rumor

Not that I have heard. Either way doesn't bother me, IF they aren't there it gives me more room haha, but I don't want them to not come for that reason.

I will recommend though just because I go by every day that if you want a guaranteed spot on bleachers to go soon. It looked like a lot already on SD side and some on Visitor side as well. Glad I don't have to worry about that

Wear ear buds at the game so you can actually hear the game announced while watching

@BigReme1, I am doubting the total for the game gets to 50. But I am going to say that if the Cougars win by that margin over the Gladiators then they will surely bring back the trophy from Salem on December 14th regardless of who they face. Being a fan is one thing, being delusional is another thing all together. These teams are pretty dang even and based off of the game scores, I don't think either defense is going to give up that kind of scoring. That's a good first post though, welcome aboard.

Reactions: Baseball215
Heard the same thing about the radio coverage. What a shame. Not sure these old bones could stand out in the cold for this game.

@BigReme1, I am doubting the total for the game gets to 50. But I am going to say that if the Cougars win by that margin over the Gladiators then they will surely bring back the trophy from Salem on December 14th regardless of who they face. Being a fan is one thing, being delusional is another thing all together. These teams are pretty dang even and based off of the game scores, I don't think either defense is going to give up that kind of scoring. That's a good first post though, welcome aboard.
I was going to say the same thing not sure the two teams combined will be 50 points

ESPN 1240 radio has the game of the week at Draft on Friday, so at least that question is answered. I really hope the PA guy keeps the scores updated from the area since most of the fans there will still be interested in what’s going on (any help there would be appreciated @Gunz41).

ESPN 1240 radio has the game of the week at Draft on Friday, so at least that question is answered. I really hope the PA guy keeps the scores updated from the area since most of the fans there will still be interested in what’s going on (any help there would be appreciated @Gunz41).

That happens already, but just the area teams and the other 2a Region B teams

That’s exactly what I would expect. Just would like something more than halftime update. There are times that is all the PA guys give and it kind of sucks when the fans are asking each other and having to check Twitter, score stream, preps, etc to find out a score that’s from a local district opponent. I know there isn’t any threat to these two in the standings but everybody there would like to see Wilson lose by a ton or at least most Draft and Riverheads people would, lol.

Reactions: obguthr
That’s exactly what I would expect. Just would like something more than halftime update. There are times that is all the PA guys give and it kind of sucks when the fans are asking each other and having to check Twitter, score stream, preps, etc to find out a score that’s from a local district opponent. I know there isn’t any threat to these two in the standings but everybody there would like to see Wilson lose by a ton or at least most Draft and Riverheads people would, lol.

Scores are checked and announced regularly

We'll wait and see won't we.

Anything is possible I suppose and it isn't the end of the season for either team win or lose. Just hoping for a good clean game.

Cold in the Draft tonight I believe that’s in favor of the gladiators but I look for some turnovers because of the cold so you never know

No way Draft is no 1 team in 2A. They will be lucky to make it out of the region. Not trying to degrade them just stating fact.

@Gunz41, we agree on some things and certainly at polar opposites on others but what’s up with the over the top booing and general obnoxious behavior towards the opposing team by the student section, aka Cougs Mafia. Little less classy than I remember the Cougars in years past.

To the game that is a good football team but the play calling didn’t do you any favors tonight. They had no run game and the short passing game that was working was abandoned in favor of the jump ball. The best playmaker in the amateur opinion of the sideline fence crew is #4 and he became an afterthought once the first series was over. Lots of positives if looked at in the right light. Good luck in these playoffs to my alma mater as I will always hold the Cougars in high regard.

@Gunz41, we agree on some things and certainly at polar opposites on others but what’s up with the over the top booing and general obnoxious behavior towards the opposing team by the student section, aka Cougs Mafia. Little less classy than I remember the Cougars in years past.

To the game that is a good football team but the play calling didn’t do you any favors tonight. They had no run game and the short passing game that was working was abandoned in favor of the jump ball. The best playmaker in the amateur opinion of the sideline fence crew is #4 and he became an afterthought once the first series was over. Lots of positives if looked at in the right light. Good luck in these playoffs to my alma mater as I will always hold the Cougars in high regard.

I didn't hear anything, but not saying it didn't happen. If it did then they should be ashamed of it.

On to next week. Riverheads is REALLY good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT