ADVERTISEMENT

Riverheads / R E Lee

You may know this...I was told that Wilson's 6 shutouts and 45 points allowed (in a regular season) is on par with AAA Hermitage in 2002. ...but I looked it up and see that Hampton allowed 46 in 13 total games back in 1999. Quite impressive for a "rural" school.

This post was edited on 11/10 10:42 PM by DiamondDude

Glad to hear it. That's a great way to start the season, and should draw a big crowd. Been hoping they would do this for years!

One of those touchdowns came when the 3rd string RB fumbled against East Rock and it was returned for a touchdown. Very impressive regular season for our defense

Interesting news. Do we know where the first game is played? I would assume at Lee because RHS is replacing Nelson and it would have been our turn to go there, if that series had continued? Who is Lee replacing on their schedule?

I'll throw in some impressive numbers (at least in my mind) from the Gretna glory days. In 2003, how about the differential.....749-109......points for and against.....just think if Vic Hall played the second half in some of those games. Also, in 2007, 637-100.....Nick Miller's freshman year. Wilson is currently at 398-45 which is very impressive. Note: both 2003 and 2007 were only 14 games to win the state title....which Gretna did both of those years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT