ADVERTISEMENT

Riverheads Squeezes Past SD 4-3

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I was not able to make the trip but finally found this score just a few minutes ago. It appears that the Gladiators scored their winning run or runs in the fifth but that is all I can report. The win evens the score after SD had won 3-2 at Riverheads earlier this year.

The Gladiators wrapped up their regular season in fine form with 7 straight wins, including 6 in district play. As a result, they went from 1-5 at one point to a final mark of 7-5 and 15-5 overall.

There had been some speculation that the Gladiators might be able to challenge Surry County for the number one spot if they had won today, but the last I heard was that a victory still would not be enough to get the job done. Regardless those two teams (Surry and RHS) will earn first round byes and will not swing into Region B action until early next week.

I believe Thursday is the day for the first-round games, or regional quarterfinals if you will. If I have the standings straight, sixth-seeded William Campbell will visit number 3 seed Buffalo Gap and number 5 seed Rappahannock County will take the long trip down to face fourth-seeded Lunenburg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT