ADVERTISEMENT

Riverheads vs Lord Botetourt

So, can the LB defense contain Appo this week?

Incidentally, I'm seriously planning on going to this game. I’ve never been to a game at Appomattox, so this looks like a good opportunity for me.

Hopefully I’ll get to meet and shake hands with several of you Raiders faithful.
All depends on if the Raiders have gotten past the COVID bug. Missing LOTS of starters last week and playing many JV kids (along with hardly any REAL practice because of numbers) was rough on us.
Not sure what this week holds. Not having our QB (2QA player of the year) on both sides of the ball definitely makes us weaker. Not sure he can play this week, all depends on if they found a brace for him.
Right now we are just a good 2A team nothing like what we've been in the past.

Reactions: Stabler1980
All depends on if the Raiders have gotten past the COVID bug. Missing LOTS of starters last week and playing many JV kids (along with hardly any REAL practice because of numbers) was rough on us.
Not sure what this week holds. Not having our QB (2QA player of the year) on both sides of the ball definitely makes us weaker. Not sure he can play this week, all depends on if they found a brace for him.
Right now we are just a good 2A team nothing like what we've been in the past.
He got in on some offensive series against Heritage. I thought very interesting because the game was out of hand. My guess was to get him live reps for this coming week.

Heritage would be an interesting matchup considering they have the only coach who seems to have ever been able to crack the Riverheads code. Its crazy to think we have to look all the way up to the top teams in D3 to find programs that can compete with Riverheads.
It's not that hard to believe when you have the same roster size.

Don't forget those Moore's Country Store hot dogs a little further west from Appomattox on 460. As far as the game goes, it will depend on whether Appomattox is back to full strength or close to it. I hate to see Lawing (QB) miss games his Sr year, but he risks further injury by playing before he's healed up.
Moore’s Chili for hotdogs will be available at the concession stand this Friday night.
Just make sure you ask for it.😉😉

Reactions: mike salem
The only thing that could slow down Riverheads is covid and good lord forbid that happens to them. Possibly the best 1A team in history of Virginia overall, I'm sure there have been better teams for a year or two here and there but over a period of time they may have it covered. The state game two years ago I do believe that Galax could've beat them and probably should have. Does anyone know if any of the dominant teams from southwest Virginia ever had winning streaks like Riverheads is on now?
Saw this on FB the other week. Nations Top Ten Win Streaks

He has size and is quicker than you would think. Not gonna lie, he didn’t look as good defensively as he did on offense to me. Of course that was one game and Riverheads went away from him more times than to his side.

Reactions: Bama1985
He has size and is quicker than you would think. Not gonna lie, he didn’t look as good defensively as he did on offense to me. Of course that was one game and Riverheads went away from him more times than to his side.
Yea, I thought I read on here that RH center handled him so I thought he was 72 at first but then realized it was 9 on the edge.

Watching hudl on the game right now and from what I've seen so far I would agree with ya. He moved kids from the TE spot but not as impressive defensively.

very true. I said last week that Appo could possibly beat Riverheads and of course someone replied that they just got beat bad by Heritage. I also said LB was not as good as they were in the spring.

very true. I said last week that Appo could possibly beat Riverheads and of course someone replied that they just got beat bad by Heritage. I also said LB was not as good as they were in the spring.
Did Appo have their starting QB back? If they didnt that makes it that more impressive. LB definitely not as good as in the spring but still a good team with lots of talent, for a 2A or 1A school to beat them by 3 or 4 scores is still impressive.

Did Appo have their starting QB back? If they didnt that makes it that more impressive. LB definitely not as good as in the spring but still a good team with lots of talent, for a 2A or 1A school to beat them by 3 or 4 scores is still impressive.
We kinda had Tre back and did not. Peterson and Tre swapped in and out alot. Appo stil had a few starters out on the line.

I don't think they win more than 5 games. A good EC Glass team was up 41-7 before LB made a run against the JV players. LB only win was against a very bad Blacksburg team

From what I was told #7 was still nursing the ankle sprain he had against Riverheads and shouldn’t have even been on the field. That kid is the majority of LB’s offense. LB used him to beat LCA in the spring, but didnt play him but 5-6 plays in the title game. LB would have had a lot better chance in that game IMO if they played him. LB seems to have trouble coaching speed.. they used to big line and a power back, they have a couple of big lineman but that’s it, and no power back..they going to struggle the rest of the year if #7 don’t get that ankle healed

From what I was told #7 was still nursing the ankle sprain he had against Riverheads and shouldn’t have even been on the field. That kid is the majority of LB’s offense. LB used him to beat LCA in the spring, but didnt play him but 5-6 plays in the title game. LB would have had a lot better chance in that game IMO if they played him. LB seems to have trouble coaching speed.. they used to big line and a power back, they have a couple of big lineman but that’s it, and no power back..they going to struggle the rest of the year if #7 don’t get that ankle healed
Gotta say that kid was electric early against Riverheads. They definitely looked different without him in the backfield.

Went to lynchburg Fri, we tried the moore's hotdogs with the mild chili, dad told them he wanted to try the hot and they gave him a spoonful, he liked it and said not to hot, soon as we ordered hotdogs they warned us, the tree In the store was very interesting, dad wants to go back soon and get them loaded with hot chili and I told him he is crazy and he would regret it later, very friendly people, very good chili dogs

Went to lynchburg Fri, we tried the moore's hotdogs with the mild chili, dad told them he wanted to try the hot and they gave him a spoonful, he liked it and said not to hot, soon as we ordered hotdogs they warned us, the tree In the store was very interesting, dad wants to go back soon and get them loaded with hot chili and I told him he is crazy and he would regret it later, very friendly people, very good chili dogs
It’s a neat old place. Definitely not glitz and glitter. Glad you enjoyed it, and your dad is a tough hombre’!

It’s a neat old place. Definitely not glitz and glitter. Glad you enjoyed it, and your dad is a tough hombre’!
He is pretty tough but I don't think he will be that tough with that chili, where u at XCROSS, u and jer should go get a few dogs, I will pay,

He is pretty tough but I don't think he will be that tough with that chili, where u at XCROSS, u and jer should go get a few dogs, I will pay,
In the hay field for the last couple days ! I am going to Lynchburg soon . If Jer can handle the Hot Chili so can I . How is their Slaw dogs ?

In the hay field for the last couple days ! I am going to Lynchburg soon . If Jer can handle the Hot Chili so can I . How is their Slaw dogs ?
Mom got slaw and chili, it is good, I think u are scared of jer, I think both of y'all should go together and have a hotdog eating contest, then climb the tree and see who can get to the top, the loser pays, jer is up to it, go on Tues they might have a sr citizens discount like alot of stores have.

Mom got slaw and chili, it is good, I think u are scared of jer, I think both of y'all should go together and have a hotdog eating contest, then climb the tree and see who can get to the top, the loser pays, jer is up to it, go on Tues they might have a sr citizens discount like alot of stores have.
I am not a tree climber , I can't even climb the bleachers . Maybe I will see you at the Gap if my ole tractor will start .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT