ADVERTISEMENT

Roanoke Times story on Blacksburg/Pulaski County

I don't think I've ever seen a HS game with 200+ penalty yards, that's ridiculous. The offenses didn't even more the ball that much, each team basically had half as much penalty yardage as offensive yardage.

I don't think I've ever seen a HS game with 200+ penalty yards, that's ridiculous. The offenses didn't even more the ball that much, each team basically had half as much penalty yardage as offensive yardage.

The amount of penalties that PC managed to accrue did not surprise me. That has been standard protocol pretty much all season for them. I have said much to the dismay of some there is and has been a cultural shift (not for the better) at PC and until that or something changes it will be more of the same to come IMO. What was somewhat surprising at least for me was watching Blacksburg COMPLETELY melt down and go from absolutely dominating the game for about 2 and half quarters to almost giving it away. The wheels for Blacksburg seem to fall off about midway through the 3rd for some reason and from that point on it was without a doubt one of the sloppiest and most undisciplined games I have ever watched by 2 teams. There were so many penalties that at one point I was not sure if the game would end by midnight. One thing is for sure as you advance in the playoffs if ANY TEAM plays like I seen last night they will be packing it up sooner than later.

Without watching or reading the article. I’m willing to bet a lot of personal fouls were called

The amount of penalties that PC managed to accrue did not surprise me. That has been standard protocol pretty much all season for them. I have said much to the dismay of some there is and has been a cultural shift (not for the better) at PC and until that or something changes it will be more of the same to come IMO. What was somewhat surprising at least for me was watching Blacksburg COMPLETELY melt down and go from absolutely dominating the game for about 2 and half quarters to almost giving it away. The wheels for Blacksburg seem to fall off about midway through the 3rd for some reason and from that point on it was without a doubt one of the sloppiest and most undisciplined games I have ever watched by 2 teams. There were so many penalties that at one point I was not sure if the game would end by midnight. One thing is for sure as you advance in the playoffs if ANY TEAM plays like I seen last night they will be packing it up sooner than later.
The GW PC game had less penalties than average. I did not see any issues with PC.

PC had just 1 penalty last week in the whole game. Refs in our area seem to like to toss the laundry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT