ADVERTISEMENT

RRD Tournament Time

Sep 8, 2009
Well the regular season is over now and Cave Spring is clearly the team to beat in the tournament. I can see a Cave Spring and Hidden Valley final. On paper Cave Spring is too short, and too young to be doing this well. There is one very important quality that Cave Spring has, a great head coach. She is calm, cool and collected and her team plays that way all the time. Even when they are down the players are having fun and giving it their all. They will be very hard to beat until they get to the State. I do recall though last year Salem beat Hidden Valley both times in the regular season. Hidden Valley then beat Salem in the district, regional, and state tournament. Should be a very exciting couple of weeks.

HV actually lost to CS in last year's district tourney semis - they didn't play/beat Salem in RRD tourney - but did beat Salem in regionals and states. Many people forget that HV finished 3rd in RRD last year but eventually ended up 2nd in the state... talk about a tough district! The RRD is clearly not as strong/deep this year but don't be surprised if CS and HV meet again in the regional finals to both qualify for the state tournament. Still lots of volleyball to play but I wouldn't bet against either team.

First things first... here are the RRD Tourney Semifinal match-ups:
* CS vs. winner of CB/PC
* HV vs. winner of BB/Sal

Good luck to all the teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT