October 13th open
October 20th Cave Spring Roanoke Home
October 27th Hidden Valley Roanoke Home
November 3rd Pulaski County away

Last three years
14-1 state championship

14-0 state champion
13-1 state champion

Going to be challenging this year with some new players. I can hear in my mind coach Mags " we going to put them out there and see how they do. "

Last edited:
The schedule that Mike posted back on March 3 shows the Brookville scrimmage as taking place on August 11, at Brookville. Anyone know which date and location is correct? Also, I just picked up on the fact that Salem is going to Pulaski for the second year in a row. I realize full well that this happens on occasion by necessity, but this is the second time since 2000 that's happened to Salem in regards to traveling to Pulaski. The Spartans had to make the trip to Dublin in both 2001 and 2002 - plus play a playoff game there in '01, as well. Not complaining, just observing.

The schedule that Mike posted back on March 3 shows the Brookville scrimmage as taking place on August 11, at Brookville. Anyone know which date and location is correct? Also, I just picked up on the fact that Salem is going to Pulaski for the second year in a row. I realize full well that this happens on occasion by necessity, but this is the second time since 2000 that's happened to Salem in regards to traveling to Pulaski. The Spartans had to make the trip to Dublin in both 2001 and 2002 - plus play a playoff game there in '01, as well. Not complaining, just observing.
I guess, without looking it up, it's purely a function of the "new" cycle affect? Meaning if you finished the latest cycle playing a team at their house, and the only way to accomadate the schedule for the new cycle is to have the first matchup at their place, you get back to back away games somewhere? And, over a longer period of time, it usually averages out, but not always?

So Spartan, what's your predictiction for Hoos basketball this season?

I guess, without looking it up, it's purely a function of the "new" cycle affect? Meaning if you finished the latest cycle playing a team at their house, and the only way to accomadate the schedule for the new cycle is to have the first matchup at their place, you get back to back away games somewhere? And, over a longer period of time, it usually averages out, but not always?

So Spartan, what's your predictiction for Hoos basketball this season?

I'll skip all the how's and why's, as those have been covered in detail in the "UVa Basketball" thread. Here are my guesses, without knowing the Hoos' schedule:

Best case: 24 or 25 regular season wins; ACC tourney final appearance; NCAA tourney Elite Eight.

Worst case: 18 or 19 regular season wins; out before ACC quarterfinals; on the bubble for NCAA tourney - probably the wrong side of the bubble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT